Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

At least 5 good years in him still, imo.

At least.. He's no binge drinking British footballer either and that must surely help.  I'm actually glad he's 27 cause it makes it easier for us keeping him. Had he been 3-5 years younger every top club in Europe would've been interested.

Plus he does'nt rely on pace he relies on movement and instinctive finishing those type go on for ages.....

I would'nt worry about Cisse for a long time yet ( not that any of you where anyway)

where?

Plus he does'nt rely on pace he relies on movement and instinctive finishing those type go on for ages.....

Exactly, that instinct and those insane finishing skills don't disappears with age. Feed him curried goat and crossers and he'll score 4ever :smitten:

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's good to hear but in the end means nothing if A big spender comes in and gives him £100k a week more.

It's good to hear but in the end means nothing if A big spender comes in and gives him £100k a week more.

This is it, I've given up worrying any more. The Carroll sale broke me, I just couldn't see why he'd want to leave. They're all after the money, there's no point getting attached to them. Just got to hope that anyone who is sold is replaced adequately.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Carroll had just been given his first proper contract which would have been a big increase in pay for him then a few months later - a club displaying a lot of ambition - come along and are willing to give him a hefty signing on fee and nearly treble it.

A lot of players will be the same - but they club want to keep them if you ask me.

If someone offered me 3 times my wage to do the same job I'd be off. People seem to forget its a job at the end of the day.

Might just be me but there is a huge differece to earning £40k a year and being offered triple that and earning £40k a week, playing for the team you have supported as a kid, having the number 9 shirt and being adored by your fellow fans and being offered triple that.

Naive as it is I would like to think playing for the team you support and wearing the most iconic shirt would be a large enough factor to stay there, even if it meant less money.

If someone offered me 3 times my wage to do the same job I'd be off. People seem to forget its a job at the end of the day.

Might just be me but there is a huge differece to earning £40k a year and being offered triple that and earning £40k a week, playing for the team you have supported as a kid, having the number 9 shirt and being adored by your fellow fans and being offered triple that.

I see your point for sure, but in reality he did leave for the money didnt he? I just think its easy to get caught up in the who loyalty to a club thing. Its a job.

He did leave for the money but he didn't need to. That sort of increase (percentage wise) of salary would make a huge difference to our lives. To him it would make little, he was already earning enough in 2 years (taking into account tax) that the average person would make in 52. Given he was on a 5 year contract he would have been able to stay here and play for that shirt earning as much as most would for 150 years :lol:

Thing is he will of been payed well since he was what, 16? I think if you live in the rich lifesytle the step up in wage wouldn't be as huge a gap as your making out. Ofcourse being a poor commoner myself. I have no way of knowing this.

I dont really know how to put what I think into words. Anyway, im glad Carroll fecked off, and I dont think Cisse will :)