Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Both would bring us good pace on the counter attack too. :drool:

We'll no doubt get more stick for buying from abroad again but the value in the English market just isn't there.

I really couldn't care less tbh :lol: i only care about the quality of the player not what his passport says.

Having said that i wish we would expand our scouting network as it seems quite limited to me as quality as it maybe.

Aye it was disheartening when Carr said we don't scout South America for example. Also I'm worried by the fact it just appears to consist of him really. He's doing a great job and obviously has a huge range of contacts but we need to expand it further.

So Tooj, you're going for either lightning pace or straight power then?

I think Aubameyang's flexibility could be a huge asset for us too.

Whereas if we were to buy Bony his raw power would also bring something different to the table for us. People forget that he's only 5 foot 11 mind, so he's not the Drogba type that many think he is.

I see Bony as just a brick tank of a man. He may not be tall, but he'll be impossible to get through type of guy.

I like PEA in terms of his sheer raw pace, which is something we continue to lack but have improved since January.

Thing with PEA is he's not just raw pace, he has fantastic control and technical ability too.

If we get him i'll be amazed  :lol:

Our chances were much higher in January but sadly for our sakes St Etienne had made the cup final which made any transfer impossible.

I'll be interested to see who this supposed left winger we want as a matter of urgency is though, seeing as we haven't been linked to very many.

Guest hobshobs

So there isn't a cracked rib according to Pardew.

So in other words he does have a cracked rib then.

Of course not. The press and discussion boards were ripping into Pardew at the start of the week. It was gaining momentum and would have been a roller coaster by the end of the week. So, fire a headline maker of a story (this time Cisse) to deflect the press and discussion boards and the intensity levels drop. Very much like what Manchester United do when they have been under a spell of sustained pressure, usually Ferdinand sits down, ref stops the game, physio comes on, game has been held up and the opposition have lost a bit of their rythym.

Do you not reckon we're crying out for a bit of craft and guile up front? Not sure I can stomach too many more signings of the mostly "athletic" variety.

Not if we buy Belhanda. :drool:

Do you not reckon we're crying out for a bit of craft and guile up front? Not sure I can stomach too many more signings of the mostly "athletic" variety.

Ben Arfa and Marveaux supply craft and guile don't they?

Not if we buy Belhanda. :drool:

Pards should take a leaf out of Klopp's tactical book :yao:

Sissoko Cabaye

Ben Arfa Belhanda Aubameyang

Cisse

:yao:

Ben Arfa and Marveaux supply craft and guile don't they?

We're regularly without one or both, sadly. I was talking predominantly in the most advanced area as well to be fair, with all the talk of a Carroll or Aubameyang signing.

Carroll/Cisse could work but it looks a horrendously basic formula on paper.

Horrendously basic but you're effectively killing 3 important birds with 1 stone: more chances for Cisse, a counter to high pressure stuff that has us all at sea and far more effective set pieces.

Certainly would have its merits, but there's also the downside to think about in terms of losing an extra man out of the midfield, etc.

We could still seriously do with both. We lack players with technical ability, craft and skill (especially when the ones we do have are injury-prone) but we also lack genuine pace and athleticism to stretch games and also give us weapons on the counter-attack.

This is why I'm so vehemently against the potential Carroll signing which solves neither of those weaknesses. For all the talk about our shocking set pieces in reality set piece weakness is only accounting for a missing 5 or 6 goals a season and I find the issues with our general play (personel and manager both at fault) far more infuriating and detrimental to our progress.

Horrendously basic but you're effectively killing 3 important birds with 1 stone: more chances for Cisse, a counter to high pressure stuff that has us all at sea and far more effective set pieces.

Certainly would have its merits, but there's also the downside to think about in terms of losing an extra man out of the midfield, etc.

I'd find it difficult to shed tears for that, like. I only really have faith in 3 midfielders. One of whom (Marveaux) will probably only be good to start 15 games, for various reasons.

you sure about this one? Last time Cissé had a partner up front they were getting in each other's way a fair bit.

you sure about this one? Last time Cissé had a partner up front they were getting in each other's way a fair bit.

I still think he's better in a 4-3-3 as the only proper striker. He is scoring a fair few goals as it is, the problem is that the other players aren't really doing anything.

I still think he's better in a 4-3-3 as the only proper striker. He is scoring a fair few goals as it is, the problem is that the other players aren't really doing anything.

BS. Truth is, Cisse rarely does anything for anyone else. His runs are always towards goal, rarely to make space for other runners.

BS. Truth is, Cisse rarely does anything for anyone else. His runs are always towards goal, rarely to make space for other runners.

Harsh like.

I don't mind if his runs are always towards goal TBH, that's his job. If the rest of the team was functioning we wouldn't be worrying at all.

Guest icemanblue

Freed up a nice bit of space for Gouffran on Saturday, like. Provided an inch perfect cross for him to score too.