Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Where do you think we'd be without Cisse's goals out of interest? Let's say we had a big target man who won the ball in the air and gave the opposition centre halves a good tussle. When the ball dropped into an empty space who would be raiding in to pinch the goals? Jonas? Cabaye racing in from his own half perhaps? Or maybe he'd be scoring so many goals heading in direct from set pieces we wouldn't need goals from open play?

Let's have your theory, I'm all ears. Oh and btw, I'll tell you where I think we'd be without Cisse's goals this season. Already relegated.

I'm reposting that for College dropout, it's the same question I asked cronky, but I'd be interested to hear your views as well.

I remember when Demba Ba was banging them in. Getting us points at Reading, Everton, Spurs etc. I would say the same thing. A lot of people responded that if we played him wide and played Cisse (imo an even more limited player) the overall performance of the team would raise.

Whilst it was clear to anyone with any football knowledge that would not be the case, the concept is based in truth. A different type of striker can lift the whole teams performance. Cisse's style of play doesn't encourage his team-mates to get involved in long phases of play with him. He's best facing goal on the shoulder of the last man and he's at his worst when trying to hold it up. Whilst we could do better in getting closer to provide good balls for him, he himself doesn't encourage that style of play.

Now Dimitar Berbatov's whole style encourages playing off him. Best facing his team mates. Get it to his feet and chest and its party time right? Just seen West Ham launch it to Carroll isolated, he controlled it, firmed the oppo player and swang the ball out wide. The whole team moved up 10 yards as a result and they got a decent cross in.

I mention strength/height because we generally lack that as a team. But equally, players with a lot of pace or skill are great at leading the line.

I think Cisse might need a partner more than anything. Someone to either play with him or replace him. I don't want him sold but I don't want him being our main man. I genuinely think Cisse's poor overall play makes a significant contribution to our whole performance.

People expect the other 10 players to be on some tiki-taka stuff FOR Cisse, when Cisse isn't that type of player himself.

Guest neesy111

;D it's still Demba Ba

Where was we in the league when he left? Everyone swore we would do better when he was gone.

Just had a look on whoscored.com Cisse hasn't played up top a massive 9 times. Not that half a season BS that some keep spouting.

We have done better, we've picked up more points per game since he left than we did with him.

Claiming that Ba is a good team player and claiming that our results/performances this season were better with him are simply blatant lies.

You seem to think you're the only one who watched us play in the first five months of the season.

Aside from the wonder goals. What makes him so different from Darren Bent?

I've started to say he's like Inzaghi because people seem happier with that comparison. But I don't understand. Inzaghi was world-class at it.  Darren Bent is very good at it. From what i've seen, Cisse is more Darren Bent than Inzaghi.

Bent's a good player man.

I remember when Demba Ba was banging them in. Getting us points at Reading, Everton, Spurs etc. I would say the same thing. A lot of people responded that if we played him wide and played Cisse (imo an even more limited player) the overall performance of the team would raise.

Whilst it was clear to anyone with any football knowledge that would not be the case, the concept is based in truth. A different type of striker can lift the whole teams performance. Cisse's style of play doesn't encourage his team-mates to get involved in long phases of play with him. He's best facing goal on the shoulder of the last man and he's at his worst when trying to hold it up. Whilst we could do better in getting closer to provide good balls for him, he himself doesn't encourage that style of play.

Now Dimitar Berbatov's whole style encourages playing off him. Best facing his team mates. Get it to his feet and chest and its party time right? Just seen West Ham launch it to Carroll isolated, he controlled it, firmed the oppo player and swang the ball out wide. The whole team moved up 10 yards as a result and they got a decent cross in.

I mention strength/height because we generally lack that as a team. But equally, players with a lot of pace or skill are great at leading the line.

I think Cisse might need a partner more than anything. Someone to either play with him or replace him. I don't want him sold but I don't want him being our main man. I genuinely think Cisse's poor overall play makes a significant contribution to our whole performance.

People expect the other 10 players to be on some tiki-taka stuff FOR Cisse, when Cisse isn't that type of player himself.

You didn't answer the important question, assuming we had a striker who was "better" at holding the ball up, which of our players would take advantage and be making those runs into the box to score the goals? Jonas? :lol:

Claiming that Ba is a good team player and claiming that our results/performances this season were better with him are simply blatant lies.

You seem to think you're the only one who watched us play in the first five months of the season.

You're talking in circles Wullie. I didn't say any of what you claim.

"Greedy Demba" was his name. Look up the Demba thread, earlier on in this thread or in match day threads. Many people said Ba/Cisse swapping positions would improve the quality of the overall team play. To me, that never made sense. I always maintained there's nothing in Cisse's game to suggest results/performances would get better with a simple switch and that has proved to be the case.

"Greedy Demba" was his name. Look up the Demba thread, earlier on in this thread or in match day threads. Many people said Ba/Cisse swapping positions would improve the quality of the overall team play. To me, that never made sense. I always maintained there's nothing in Cisse's game to suggest results/performances would get better with a simple switch and that has proved to be the case.

They haven't swapped positions though. You're arguing against something no-one said.

I don't need to look back through old posts to know that not one person on here said "We should sack Ba off and play Jonas as a wide forward instead"

They haven't swapped positions though. You're arguing against something no-one said.

I don't need to look back through old posts to know that not one person on here said "We should sack Ba off and play Jonas as a wide forward instead"

What?

People claimed Demba - wide, Cisse up top = better results and football. Demba ended up sacking us off and we replaced him with a player more suited for that wide forward role and Cisse has gone up top. We still suck. Despite having a much improved team imo.

:lol: But Ba's not here. So how can you make that assumption?

In fact, don't answer that.

He runs his bollocks off, has been criminally misused this season and is probably chiefly responsible for us staying up, yet to read this thread you'd think there was actually bad feeling towards him. Embarrassing, even if it is only one person.

He runs his bollocks off, has been criminally misused this season and is probably chiefly responsible for us staying up, yet to read this thread you'd think there was actually bad feeling towards him. Embarrassing, even if it is only one person.

:thup:

What?

People claimed Demba - wide, Cisse up top = better results and football. Demba ended up sacking us off and we replaced him with a player more suited for that wide forward role and Cisse has gone up top. We still suck. Despite having a much improved team imo.

Sorry, who? :lol:

We've bought a player more suited than Demba Ba in a wide forward role, the position that Ba's played the majority of his career and in which he's scored most of his goals? I can only assume this bloke is injured because I've not seen him play.