Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His value has declined drastically since his first season - if someone had come along and bid 25m for Cisse after his 2 goals at Chelsea there would still have been many fans going berserk had he been sold...

Now, you would be lucky to get 5M for him...he will be 29 next birthday and has been absolutely awful for months, even looking slow and ponderous. Some of this will undoubtedly be Pardew's King Midas in Reverse coaching/management but not all of it.

If this is him trying to get himself a move, he may succeed - but only to the Championship...hard to see all this ending well for NUFC.

For one, he played well from roughly Ba's departure till April when we lost to that shower and went out of Europe.

Two, him and Ba, despite appearances, weren't even friends. They could barely look at each other for most of their time here together.

Really? I remember Demba slapping Cisse's arse so enthusiastically  when he scored some goal against Stoke.

Even though he was largely poor last season as well, I still think that if he'd completed a full pre-season instead of crying like a fucking baby about the Wonga thing only to then wear the shirt anyway, he'd have done a lot better this time around.

Never thought I'd say it but if he left I can't say I'd be bothered. Well, actually, I would, cos we'd blatantly not replace him for about two years.

There'd be nothing to replace though - he's been anonymous all season. Might as well give Adam Campbell a game, Cisse has been THAT poor.

he certainly couldn't have less of an influence on a game than Cisse atm doesn't even deserve to be getting near the bench

Even though he was largely poor last season as well, I still think that if he'd completed a full pre-season instead of crying like a f***ing baby about the Wonga thing only to then wear the shirt anyway, he'd have done a lot better this time around.

Never thought I'd say it but if he left I can't say I'd be bothered. Well, actually, I would, cos we'd blatantly not replace him for about two years.

I'd be bothered in that I can't believe a player who scored those quality goals could completely fall apart like he has since...shocking really. Those goals were flukes man, I've seen flukey goals or 1 offs by a player who just hits the ball right at that moment...

Guest micky_123

I just don't know what to make of Cisse. I can't believe that his first half season was a fluke. It's impossible to score that many good goals by chance. But he has been horrendous since, particularly this season when he has been anonymous and doesn't even seem to care. He shouldn't be in the 18 at the minute, maybe a stint of being dropped and playing in the reserves will sort him out.

He's had all confidence sapped from him, he's lost it and needs a good manager to get him playing the right way again.

Though not quite comparable, look at that patch Shearer had before Bobby came in, he saw what was wrong, got Shearer facing the goal again and the right service, 2 games in and he hits 5 past Wednesday!

The same can be said about half the squad, get the right manager in and we'll see a few players regain lost form.

A lot of players in our squad look like shadows of the form they were in when they were bought, Cisse for some reason is the worst afflicted.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Maybe we should get a new striker coach in specially for him. I think his poor form is due to a combination of lack of discipline on the pitch, doing what he wants when he wants and also a lack of physical sharpness.

He's had all confidence sapped from him, he's lost it and needs a good manager to get him playing the right way again.

Which in my opinion is the problem...he's a confidence player, you don't go for those outrageous shots which lead to memorable goals without having no fear whether they fly in or sail out the ground.  I don't think he's 'not arsed', he just seems sh*t scared of failing.