Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Perhaps I was a bit harsh having read the statement. :lol: They must have received our communication if they aren't stopping Ba from playing.

Still, I suppose pulling Cisse from the Olympics squad was never going to go down well.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh having read the statement. :lol: They must have received our communication if they aren't stopping Ba from playing.

Still, I suppose pulling Cisse from the Olympics squad was never going to go down well.

Strikes me that it's to do with regulations, we were within our rights to stop him playing in the Olympics and they appear to be within their rights to invoke this 5 day rule thing.

If you were Cisse and your national FA has publicly accused you of being a liar and lashed out at you like this would you want to play for the national team again?

Especially when their own fans rioted last month. I reckon he'll quit tbh.

If you were Cisse and your national FA has publicly accused you of being a liar and lashed out at you like this would you want to play for the national team again?

I should fucking hope so.

Throw the captaincy back at them and quit international football. What a fucking joke. This wasn't even a competitive match man.

Aye they are taking the piss, he should punish them for it.

Guest Chubby Jason

Why should he quit playing for his country on the back of missing one game for his club? We still don't even know the full story apart from the one put forward by our lovable club spokesman.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Cisse now considering captaining his country #nufc he said: "I will now consider if I wish to continue to captain my country."

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Club believes they have been punished for Cisse not playing in Olympics. #nufc

Cisse says he's considering international future. He's here at the ground: had been hoping for an 11th hour reprieve #nufc

....dunno if these were posted anywhere.

You cannot quit international football.

Of course you can. Retire from international by making yourself unavailable for selection.

Technically you can't. They can still demand that you turn up, and if you don't, invoke shit like the 5-days rule. Think France did it with Makelele even when he was 'officially retired', forcing him to come back.

Whether you want an unhappy player sitting on the bench of playing at the expense of another committed player is another story though.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Cisse now considering captaining his country #nufc he said: "I will now consider if I wish to continue to captain my country."

Club believes they have been punished for Cisse not playing in Olympics. #nufc

Cisse says he's considering international future. He's here at the ground: had been hoping for an 11th hour reprieve #nufc

....dunno if these were posted anywhere.

As we guessed then.