Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

It's not a very smart move from Senegal IMO, it's best for all parties if there's a harmonious relationship between a player's club and country.

If they think we've behaved badly then warn us for sure, but to pull this card out over a friendly is bloody pathetic.

Agreed, both sides come out of this poorly.  I feel sorry for the player who I think genuinely had a problem.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not a very smart move from Senegal IMO, it's best for all parties if there's a harmonious relationship between a player's club and country.

If they think we've behaved badly then warn us for sure, but to pull this card out over a friendly is bloody pathetic.

As is their ability to do so like.

Guest bimpy474

I've just read the full club statement and they do seem canny pissed off so they might be in the right, I hope so, not that it will change what happened.

Probably should have read that earlier Mick :lol:

Guest malandro

I've just read the full club statement and they do seem canny p*ssed off so they might be in the right, I hope so, not that it will change what happened.

Even if the Senegalese FA were looking to get even over the Olympic stuff it's doubtful they would go down this route without some grounds. Got to think the club have messed up somewhere along the way. Probably turn out to be a technical error from this end, used the wrong colour ink or something.

Guest sicko2ndbest

BTW were they really convinced he would play? Did they really only find out at 1.40pm. That statement came out before 2pm. Did they really knock that up in 5-10 minutes?

Bollocks

It looks like the Senegalese simply didn't believe what they were being told about the injury. Back problems are difficult to verify, and sometimes get used as convenient excuses if a player doesn't want to play, so it's not surprising that there's some suspicion. It's also often a matter of debate whether a particular injury is enough to stop someone from playing.

With the England team, some kind of compromise gets worked out between club and country, particularly over friendlies. It sounds wrong that the Senegalese weren't even prepared to enter into a dialogue about this.

Guest malandro

Perhaps the club weren't willing to enter into a dialogue with them about the Olympics? They must have done something to piss them off somewhere long the line. A case of what goes around comes around.

BTW were they really convinced he would play? Did they really only find out at 1.40pm. That statement came out before 2pm. Did they really knock that up in 5-10 minutes?

Bollocks

The club claim they sent information to Senegal and heard nothing from them. If that is the case why didn't they follow it up and find out why they'd heard nothing?  I try to contact people daily at work and don't always hear back from them.  When this happens I contact them again to make sure they have whatever information I originally sent to them.  I don't bury my head in the sand and hope everything is all right in the world.

Bollocks

The club claim they sent information to Senegal and heard nothing from them. If that is the case why didn't they follow it up and find out why they'd heard nothing?  I try to contact people daily at work and don't always hear back from them.  When this happens I contact them again to make sure they have whatever information I originally sent to them.  I don't bury my head in the sand and hope everything is all right in the world.

In the statement they say that they tried on Sunday and on Monday.