Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If that stuff about Ba refusing to play out wide is true then I wonder what it has done for the squad's opinion of Pardew.

If that's true then Pardew needs to grow some balls and lay the law down to him. No player is bigger than the club.

If that stuff about Ba refusing to play out wide is true then I wonder what it has done for the squad's opinion of Pardew.

If that's true then Pardew needs to grow some balls and lay the law down to him. No player is bigger than the club.

It's endangering Pardew's position now as well. So yes, if true, he really has to deal tougher with the situation.

In the typical 4-4-2 we'd go

HBA Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba Cisse

but I think lining up as

HBA Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba

Cisse

may give us a different perspective for almost the same formation.

For me Ba isn't really the problem in that formation though.  Playing 2 in the middle has us sitting too deep and when Cabaye and HBA get on the ball (our creative outlets) they're inside our own half and unable to influence the game as they should.  In my opinion we either need two play two DMs and Cabaye in an advanced role in front of them and a front 3 or have Tiote sitting deep to protect with Cabaye and another in front of him getting forward, again with a front 3.

In the typical 4-4-2 we'd go

HBA Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba Cisse

but I think lining up as

HBA Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba

Cisse

may give us a different perspective for almost the same formation.

For me Ba isn't really the problem in that formation though.  Playing 2 in the middle has us sitting too deep and when Cabaye and HBA get on the ball (our creative outlets) they're inside our own half and unable to influence the game as they should.  In my opinion we either need two play two DMs and Cabaye in an advanced role in front of them and a front 3 or have Tiote sitting deep to protect with Cabaye and another in front of him getting forward, again with a front 3.

Which is basically a 4-3-3. :lol: I also believe that it's the way to go, but knowing Pards there's about a better chance of us scoring from a set penis than him playing 4-3-3 consistently. My ideal 4-3-3 would be the one below, with Anita on for Jonas in the long run.

Tiote            Jonas

Cabaye

HBA                Ba

Cisse

Anyway, I'm just trying to find other ways for him to implement his favored 4-4-2 with a different shape. The one I had above was a 4-4-1-1, which basically carries the same philosophies as Pards' 4-4-2, but specifically defines the support striker and the one leading the line.

More ambitious would be this 4-2-3-1 below, though I think we need a proper attacking winger for it to work out. It could switch seamlessly with 4-4-1-1, depending on whether we're set out to attack or defend.

Tiote Cabaye

HBA      Ba      New WM

Cisse

Despite his shortcomings in terms of passing etc, he put in a f***ing class shift grafting all over the pitch, trying to tackle etc. His anticipation for the cough up and finish were superb. He did this same thing vs Maritomiobi and was marginally offside.  He's got a superb attitude despite having 0 chances in front of goal and being out of form. Great performance from such a likable guy and talent.

But again, he should be the focal point and we should playing to his brilliant finishing ability.

don't think he has any problems when it comes to passing.  At least he's not as bad as Ba.  Cisse's overall play, hold up, first touch, passing is better than Ba.

Despite his shortcomings in terms of passing etc, he put in a f***ing class shift grafting all over the pitch, trying to tackle etc. His anticipation for the cough up and finish were superb. He did this same thing vs Maritomiobi and was marginally offside.  He's got a superb attitude despite having 0 chances in front of goal and being out of form. Great performance from such a likable guy and talent.

But again, he should be the focal point and we should playing to his brilliant finishing ability.

don't think he has any problems when it comes to passing.  At least he's not as bad as Ba.  Cisse's overall play, hold up, first touch, passing is better than Ba.

Definately, Ba never gets the ball under control as quick as Cisse does and doesn't look for team mate to pass too as quickly as Cisse does either.

Definately, Ba never gets the ball under control as quick as Cisse does and doesn't look for team mate to pass too as quickly as Cisse does either.

Whilst that is true to an extent, have you seen how we pass the ball? I honestly don't remember a single pass to our forwards yesterday for example, that was well weighted and comfortable for them to get under control. Our midfielders and defenders pass the ball like you would on a video game, with no consideration for weight and direction of the pass. Sure our strikers are expected to attempt to get a ball under control under various circumstances, but it is seldom that they get simple, clever, well weighted passes to do anything positive with.

To be honest they both are pretty average at passing, controlling, etc in terms of general play. Obviously one looks better than the other when the confidence is up and they are scoring. When Ba was on his run of scoring last season and earlier this season his general play looked pretty good (more so last season) and when Cisse was scoring he was putting the ball about very smoothly. His touch has looked off this campaign, and most definitely looked better last night.

When both are on form;

Ba - Creates chances for himself

Cisse - Scores from all angles

There is a very fine difference between the 2. When we are playing crap, we need someone to put himself about and create chances. Whilst in good form, Cisse just cant stop scoring and if we have all of our creative players back and in a good system, i have little doubt that he would comfortably get 20 goals.

PAPISS CISSE is confident he can return to his predatory old self with Newcastle United – providing the service from his Toon team-mates continues to improve.

The No 9, who says he feels rejuvenated after getting back on the goal trail, netted only his second of the season at Stoke City during the midweek defeat in the Potteries.

The lack of crosses into the box for both Cisse and Demba Ba this season has been a concern for Geordie fans.

And it has been a far cry from last term when Cisse thrived during the second half of the campaign, bagging some wonder goals along the way.

Now he has insisted, in the style of a true poacher, he can get back to the player that ended last season with 13 goals to his name.

In an honest admission about his patchy form – he has netted just four times in 17 games this term – he told the Chronicle: “I haven’t scored as many goals this season.

“Maybe there have not been as many opportunities for me.

“But what is important now is that we work hard to improve as a team to rediscover the form we showed last season.”

Notably, the only players to have scored for the Magpies in the Premier League this season are French-speaking stars.

And Cisse is hoping that others can start chipping in. He said: “I hope I can continue to score. It gives me pleasure to score for this team – but the most important thing is that the team wins.

“It doesn’t matter who scores, we must win the match.

“We all need to contribute now.”

Indeed, Newcastle’s home clash with Wigan has now turned into a crucial encounter for the Magpies, who are now in a scrap for survival at the bottom end of the table.

Cisse did not need reminding of how important the visit of Wigan to St James' Park on Monday is.

He said: “We were disappointed not to win, and we must look to Monday.

“We have lost two games at home, and we must win against Wigan.

“We really, really need a win, but it won’t be easy.

“We must work hard all weekend in training.”

Cisse is beginning to adapt to the English language now after 10 months on Tyneside. His goal at the Britannia Stadium sparked a mass celebration from his team-mates.

And explaining the wild scenes that greeted his goal, he said: “I was happy to score, and my team-mates were happy for me.

“We are together as a team, and that’s important.

“The supporters were also happy.

“It was a good moment, but the most important thing for us is to win matches.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/30/papiss-cisse-provide-the-service-and-i-will-score-72703-32335766/#ixzz2DhrSkLNs

:snod:

When both are on form;

Ba - Creates chances for himself

Cisse - Scores from all angles

There is a very fine difference between the 2. When we are playing crap, we need someone to put himself about and create chances. Whilst in good form, Cisse just cant stop scoring and if we have all of our creative players back and in a good system, i have little doubt that he would comfortably get 20 goals.

Don't agree tbh. Think Ba thrives on having another forward throw themself about and he takes whatever opportunities pop up. Cisse's knack is finding a bit space at the right time and being cold as ice when it comes.

In an honest admission about his patchy form – he has netted just four times in 17 games this term – he told the Chronicle: “I haven’t scored as many goals this season."

What a scoop.

I'd love it if he decided not to make an "honest admission".  What you on about?  I've scored 30 already.  2 goals my arse.

He is class. I haven't seen a single whining from him even after being moved out left in couple of games. He gets on with his life, Ba should've acted in the same way last season. Although Ba wearing Orlando Magic cap makes him awesome anyways.

He is class. I haven't seen a single whining from him even after being moved out left in couple of games. He gets on with his life, Ba should've acted in the same way last season. Although Ba wearing Orlando Magic cap makes him awesome anyways.

Sadly he followed that up with saying he loved the Spurs on Twitter. But I still hold that to my heart.

Ba did act the same way last season.

True, but I also think Ba seems to only have issue with the put on wide argument. He's always, always said fantastic things about the club, the supporters and looks like he genuinely has meant it. :hmm:

True, but I also think Ba seems to only have issue with the put on wide argument. He's always, always said fantastic things about the club, the supporters and looks like he genuinely has meant it. :hmm:

It's very easy for a footballer to say all the right things because they have agents and all sorts who will say the wrong things on their behalf.