Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Am I the only one who thought Ba played well out wide last season?

No, some people can't see past goals though.

He missed more chances when he played there than Cisse has missed so far this season but Ba contributed so much to our attacking play, way more than Cisse does from wide right.

Its a tough one and there is no simple answer, lack of options means both have to start every game, the thought of Shola replacing Cisse makes me weep.

Guest neesy111

I have no qualms about Cisse playing wide tbf, as Flash said there isn't much difference between either of them out there, Ba is banging them away and Cisse is infinitely better than the alternatives out there.

Can't understand this opinion at all. Cisse is next to useless out wide and Ba does a pretty good job. There's no contest IMO, it's totally obvious that that's how they should line up.

Who's going to score our goals then because Cisse at the moment looks like he couldn't hit a barn door for most of the season.

Am I the only one who thought Ba played well out wide last season?

No, some people can't see past goals though.

He missed more chances when he played there than Cisse has missed so far this season but Ba contributed so much to our attacking play, way more than Cisse does from wide right.

Its a tough one and there is no simple answer, lack of options means both have to start every game, the thought of Shola replacing Cisse makes me weep.

Ba played well out wide and missed chances that he's scored from the same positions.  That has nothing to do with how well he did or didn't play.

Cisse can't score for shit at the moment, thankfully Ba can. I don't believe this proposed change is magically going to get Cisse banging them in.

Seems moronic to suggest we move our most prolific striker (by some way) into a position he struggles to score from when the alternative is in such a drought.

I have no qualms about Cisse playing wide tbf, as Flash said there isn't much difference between either of them out there, Ba is banging them away and Cisse is infinitely better than the alternatives out there.

Can't understand this opinion at all. Cisse is next to useless out wide and Ba does a pretty good job. There's no contest IMO, it's totally obvious that that's how they should line up.

Who's going to score our goals then because Cisse at the moment looks like he couldn't hit a barn door for most of the season.

I firmly believe that we just need to have faith in Cisse and he will get the goals. He's a born goalscorer, he's just been through a lean spell. Ba will probably get some from wide positions as well.

Guest neesy111

The fact is we can't afford to experiment, we need our most in form striker starting as the striker in the 4-3-3.  Especially since it's a 6 pointer.

Could be worth trying v Arsenal and Man Utd as we haven't got much to lose.

The fact is we can't afford to experiment, we need our most in form striker starting as the striker in the 4-3-3.  Especially since it's a 6 pointer.

Could be worth trying v Arsenal and Man Utd as we haven't got much to lose.

:thup:

I think its more accurate to say Ba himself was more at fault for not scoring vs. the position itself (LW).

But there were so many more factors involved when you compare Ba's drought last season vs. Cisse's. And I'm not defending Cisse either, I just think that his issue is that overall the team around him is in awful form, and we aren't creating the same amount of chances that we were last season. (When Ba and Cisse were in the team together). Wasn't it that Cisse was getting 1 to 1.5 to 2 chances a match and he was just putting them away (when he went on that run?)

Off the top of my head...

BA

- The entire team itself was firing on all cylinders, creating chances and scoring (for the most part)

- Ba was failing to score chances he was presented, and he was getting a fair few each match

- Ba was very, very good in his all around play at that time but his finishing was very poor

--> Had he scored a handful of those, his insisting to play central would probably not be an issue to him and he'd be fine out wide

--> Seems to me, Ba 100% blames the system vs. Ba blaming himself for that goal drought

CISSE

- The entire team itself is not firing on all cylinders, not creating chances and only Ba is scoring

- Cisse is failing to score the few chances he is currently being presented. And they seem to be a few only.

- To me, its a compounded issue with Cisse - he's not as comfortable as Ba was out wide (although Cisse is playing much much better, and his general play looks better than it has in quite some time) and he's doing himself no favors with snatching at chances

--> He'll score when the team starts creating more than 1 half chance for him

--> But he's doing no favors to himself when he's not putting the ones away that he should (Man City equalizer, which not only would have been a huge goal for the match, but the team, and for him)

I think Ba will still score playing out wide, that's my opinion. I say that because his form is much different than he was in end of last season, his tired legs (looked absolutely knackered).

But at the end of the day, whatever the f*** it takes to get us 3 points man.

He is a proven goalscorer but he is in a slump at the moment, can we afford him a few games to get up to speed whilst we put our only player really scoring goals into a position he has shown to be nowhere near effective? I am all for long term but for me we can't afford this change now.

We stop scoring for the next handful of games while Cisse finds his form and we are fucked.

He is a proven goalscorer but he is in a slump at the moment, can we afford him a few games to get up to speed whilst we put our only player really scoring goals into a position he has shown to be nowhere near effective? I am all for long term but for me we can't afford this change now.

We stop scoring for the next handful of games while Cisse finds his form and we are f***ed.

We're not guaranteed to score either way.  I agree that we should look to change anything for tomorrow but playing Ba through the middle doesn’t mean he is going to get goals.

We stop scoring for the next handful of games while Cisse finds his form and we are fucked.

He was very unlucky not score in the first minute last week mind, a lesser keeper than Hart in nets and he'd have scored.

One in the second half was different mind, great turn but poor finish.

I see people here are still sharing the same fascination as Pardew of having to squeeze both Ba and Cisse into a line-up.

Keeping our best two forwards happy doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Weak squad both have to play.. no other choice really

Guest neesy111

I see people here are still sharing the same fascination as Pardew of having to squeeze both Ba and Cisse into a line-up.

Keeping our only two forwards happy doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

FYP ;)

Keeping our best two forwards happy doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Weak squad both have to play.. no other choice really

thats just as short sighted as a limited manager like Pardew is.

Keeping our only two forwards happy doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

FYP ;)

What about Shola he needs to be kept happy.  What about other teams that have four/five strikers, do they have to play all four of them to keep them happy?

We stop scoring for the next handful of games while Cisse finds his form and we are f***ed.

We're not guaranteed to score either way.  I agree that we should look to change anything for tomorrow but playing Ba through the middle doesn’t mean he is going to get goals.

Do you think he'll score tomorrow?

I'm sure even the people who want him moved/sold think he'll score tomorrow, which says a lot.

What about Shola he needs to be kept happy.  What about other teams that have four/five strikers, do they have to play all four of them to keep them happy?

Give Shola a bike and an apple, that'll keep him happy.