Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

When you're squad is valued at £300m that is easier to implement. And even still their main striker is an awesome team player.

the other Mario is more in the Lewandowski mould, the striker that fired BVB to successive Bundesliga titles.

There's not a top team that has their star striker being so limited.

We won't even be on Bayern's level though and we don't need to be, it doesn't mean that we cannot effectively function together as a unit in this league though without an all rounder up front.

And you mention money in one sentence saying "we cannot do this" and then in the next you mention a World Class player probably rated at around £30m+ and use him as an example. Very few strikers are at Lewandowski's level so you cannot really use him in the argument, you can only use players who we actually have a chance of bringing to the club at this moment in time. And we'd have to do very, very well to upgrade Cisse.

What's most frustrating is that Cisse gets labelled as simply a goalscorer by some here, when he's clearly got some great qualities off the ball as well. He produces some wonderful layoffs and first touch passes to team mates but it gets ignored because people want to see a 6'5 giant jumping high and barging around bashing defenders in good old 1980's fashion. Record Stoke matches on Football First and watch those to get your fix instead would be my advice.

What's most frustrating is that Cisse gets labelled as simply a goalscorer by some here, when he's clearly got some great qualities off the ball as well. He produces some wonderful layoffs and first touch passes to team mates but it gets ignored because people want to see a 6'5 giant jumping high and barging around bashing defenders in good old 1980's fashion. Record Stoke matches on Football First and watch those to get your fix instead would be my advice.

This kinda crap is why I keep going.

More and more people are recognising Cisse isn't playing up to standard.

I couldn't name one single player whose performances could be described as "up to standard" tbh.  Not sure why Cisse has become the target of your loathing more than anyone else.

Sure but when was the last time Papiss defended a set piece? That's the hall mark of a great striker.

The Bayern team is not built around Mario f***ing Gomez. They score tons of goals with or without him. We are reliant no Cisse's limited skill set and imo we should not be.

You're right, we shouldn't be. We should be following the Spurs/Chelsea/Everton blueprints of building a unit around a star midfielder(s) instead. 

Guest VanBarduck

Slightly exagerated  :D . I don't think he has better general skills than Shola IMO , he's just a bit more agile and he has a very good shooting technique , and he's a pure poacher but in terms of link-up , movement and running off the ball he's clearly poor , nowhere near a top 10 team's main striker .

Slightly exagerated  :D .

Should have stopped there tbh.

Guest VanBarduck

Cisse 'a bit more agile' than Ameobi :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose you could say Hitler was a bit more of a b****** than Tony Blair anarl.

:snod:

Guest VanBarduck

Let's just wait a few years and see how Cissé is one of the best striker of PL , Newcastle is strange place , Jenas and Dyer were compared to Keane an Viera when they played for NUFC .

Let's just wait a few years and see how Cissé is one of the best striker of PL , Newcastle is strange place , Jenas and Dyer were compared to Keane an Viera when they played for NUFC .

Making things up now :lol:

Also i might be bias but i'd argue Cisse is closer to being one of the best strikers in the league than he is not being good enough to play for a top 10 club. :dontknow:

:lol:

Get help.