Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If he's agreed to wear charity logo or no logo at all, what actually is the problem? Have Newcastle denied this option to happen and insist he must wear Wonga which has made this dispute go on longer than needed?

Do people still seriously not understand the difference between how banks lend money to Muslims and how Wonga don't accomodate them in the same way? I'm sure it's been done to death over the past months. :lol:

If he's agreed to wear charity logo or no logo at all, what actually is the problem? Have Newcastle denied this option to happen and insist he must wear Wonga which has made this dispute go on longer than needed?

Probably.

He's not going to Portugal.

Our pre-seasons are ridiculous :lol:

Despite him not travelling, I'm strangely optimistic that he will be wearing a NUFC shirt come the City game.

Maybe it's the sun messing up my mind but I'm not particularly worried about this situation...

Is it confirmed he's not travelling? Fucking hell it's one disaster to the next

Not that we're in the habit of changing thread titles without it being sourced from a reputable(ish) place.

@lee_ryder 19m

Papiss Cisse has not travelled with #nufc to Portugal

@milesstarforth 17m

Papiss Demba Cisse won't be travelling to Portugal with #nufc this afternoon.

@paulfraserecho 12m

Interested to hear Cisse will not travel to Portugal with #NUFC. Alan Pardew, when we asked last night, was under impression he would be.

Don't have a problem with him kicking up a stink about this. Shows character to be this firmly behind his beliefs, better to stand up against a morally repugnant brand than just get his head down and get on with it. Quite a big difference between giving them publicity by refusing it and having a large number of photos of him in the kit and a massive grin on his face.

Bullshit, he wore a Virgin Money shirt last season, they lend money for profit, he's just being a twat looking for more money or a way out.

Is correct imo, he wants out.

If its because of the sponsor, how is it any different than last year?

Virgin Money also has interest on their loans, and isn't that the case with muslims ?

Hope he stays, won't get anyone better in a million years.

We're paying him a lot of money to pull on the jersey.  If he's willing to play football in countries where gambling/drinking alcohol/ & companies like Wonga are a huge business, and can legally sponsor football clubs, in my opinion, he shouldn't bring his religion into it, just as the rest of players haven't.

Guest icemanblue

TBF if all we're going on is Ryder's tweet, then you can probably bet Cisse is sitting next to Pardew and about to have a tour of the cockpit.

Also tweeted by Miles Starforth. They're probably on the plane, like.

Guest reefatoon

What a fucking crap situation this is, why can't things just be simple, put a top on and play football, how hard is that really? Crap sponsors, crap religious beliefs. Just crap from start to finish.