Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

Those fasts are 18 hrs long as well. Can't imagine how he'd be doing much training in this heat without re-hydration.

Remember when Ba first joined and he was fasting, it took him a couple of months to get up to speed. If a conditioned athlete as footballers are these days, fasting must affect them.

And as you said especially in this heat if Cisse is indeed fasting which means no water too.

Someone with a bit of ITK knowledge elsewhere reckons he's in the gym on his own because he hasn't actually reported back for proper training yet due to playing internationals and isn't officially back in training until next week.

He's just keeping himself in shape ready for his return.

As always, a nothing story from the Mirror who especially like to stir up it would seem.

Someone with a bit of ITK knowledge elsewhere reckons he's in the gym on his own because he hasn't actually reported back for proper training yet due to playing internationals and isn't officially back in training until next week.

As always, a nothing story from the Mirror who especially like to stir up it would seem.

So ITK he's behind the local paper  :lol:

Apparently he is the only muslim on the team who follows Ramadan strictly so he has been given a different training regime to the rest of the squad for now while he copes with starving the full day

Bullshit story

That sounds reasonable, actually. Hopefully that's all it is :thup:

So ITK he's behind the local paper  :lol:

you've lost me here mind, i'm just passing on a comment I read elsewhere that those on international duty aren't actually due back yet of which Cisse is one, so if he's in the gym it's not because he's been banished there.

I don't read the local or national papers.

Those fasts are 18 hrs long as well. Can't imagine how he'd be doing much training in this heat without re-hydration.

Remember when Ba first joined and he was fasting, it took him a couple of months to get up to speed. If a conditioned athlete as footballers are these days, fasting must affect them.

And as you said especially in this heat if Cisse is indeed fasting which means no water too.

On the plus side Ramadan is over early August (I think) so it's not going to be an issue when the season starts like it was with Ba.

On the plus side Ramadan is over early August (I think) so it's not going to be an issue when the season starts like it was with Ba.

yup..Ramadhan wil be over a week before the season starts so at least it's out of the way and Pardew wont have that excuse to use anymore

Guest bimpy474

yup..Ramadhan wil be over a week before the season starts so at least it's out of the way and Pardew wont have that excuse to use anymore

Just about the only good news so far this summer.

I think that Cisse doesn't want to wear W*ng* on his shirt (i wouldn't either though for different reasons), that he wants more money to stay at the club as he's the only goal scorer we have and knows his value, and that he wouldn't mind getting transferred somewhere else where he's get more money and not have to deal with this car crash of a football club we are all doomed to follow.

I'm sure this story is bullshit as others have said, Cissé is due back from his holiday on Monday where he will do the checks the other players who are already back did last week.

If the story was true and Cissé (or any other player for that matter) decided he wouldn't wear the club shirt due to a sponsor then I'm surprised so many people on here would back the player. Saying a player could wear the logo of a charity of their choice instead is a total none starter. For one thing that would be rewarding them for not wearing the club sponsor by letting them pick the charity of their choice. For another thing all the other players would want to do the same.

As far as being a Muslim goes, is 'Wonga' worse than 'Barclays', 'Virgin Money', 'Carling', 'Newcastle Brown Ale', 'Bet Butler' or any of the other sponsors past and present of NUFC and the Premier League? All Muslim players playing football in the Premier League profit directly or indirectly from company products or services which aren't in line with Muslim beliefs. Also, I'm no expert on Muslim beliefs but I wonder where it stands on Muslims having 'relations' with Miss Newcastle outside of marriage.

If we had a Christian player who said he wouldn't play on Sunday because it was 'the day of rest' would fans accept that? Would they fuck. If a player has beliefs which aren't compatible with the job then give up the massively paid job and go and do something their conscious can accept.

Cisse’s crunch Newcastle talks to save his Portugal tour

NEWCASTLE United were today locked in talks with Papiss Demba Cisse – in the hope that the striker will board the club flight to Portugal.

Cisse is unwilling to wear a Wonga-branded shirt on religious grounds.

The 28-year-old is understood to have offered to wear an unbranded jersey – or one bearing the logo of a charity.

And talks are ongoing with United officials.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew’s hopeful that there can be a resolution in time for Cisse to board the club’s chartered flight to Portugal this afternoon.

However, if there isn’t a breakthrough, Cisse could stay behind on Tyneside.

United are playing two friendlies in Portugal, with Rio Ave first up on Saturday.

The Professional Footballers Association are understood to be involved in the discussions between Cisse and Newcastle, the outcome of which will set a precedent in the Premier League.

Cisse is a devout Muslim, and the Islamic faith forbids the lending of money for interest.

The Senegal international is yet to train with his team-mates, with the club’s training gear also bearing the logo of Wonga, a payday lending company.

Muslim striker Frederic Kanoute wore an unbranded shirt while playing for Sevilla, who had a gamblimg company as their main sponsor.

Pardew refused to comment on the situation after last night’s 4-2 friendly win over Motherwell at Fir Park last night.

Haris Vuckic, Yoan Gouffran, Moussa Sissoko and Sylvain Marveaux were on target for Newcastle.

Meanwhile, Pardew said after the game that he was hopeful that the club would make a transfer breakthrough before the end of the week.

Strengthening the forward line remains the club’s priority, especially now given the Cisse situation.

“It’s obvious, looking at our squad, that strikers is an area we are looking to strengthen,” said Pardew.

“If I’m honest, we are looking worldwide in terms of making sure we get the right players.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/cisse-s-crunch-newcastle-talks-to-save-his-portugal-tour-1-5861717

Don't have a problem with him kicking up a stink about this. Shows character to be this firmly behind his beliefs, better to stand up against a morally repugnant brand than just get his head down and get on with it. Quite a big difference between giving them publicity by refusing it and having a large number of photos of him in the kit and a massive grin on his face.

Don't have a problem with him kicking up a stink about this. Shows character to be this firmly behind his beliefs, better to stand up against a morally repugnant brand than just get his head down and get on with it. Quite a big difference between giving them publicity by refusing it and having a large number of photos of him in the kit and a massive grin on his face.

Bullshit, he wore a Virgin Money shirt last season, they lend money for profit, he's just being a twat looking for more money or a way out.

What the thick t*** seems to have missed is the fact that by alledgedlly refusing to wear anything Wonga branded he's actually giving them 10 times more publicity than he if he just got his head down and wore it.

Not sure if diddly or ding dang doodly

Bullshit, he wore a Virgin Money shirt last season, they lend money for profit, he's just being a twat looking for more money or a way out.

Way out imho  :'(

Stupid logic.

I stand firmly against payday lenders but I have a mortgage, a current account and a savings account with a high street bank. It's possible and understandable that someone might hold the view that Wonga are worse than Virgin Money. I don't think I need to explain why that is.