Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Lethal in the box :lol:

no? you don´t think so?

I'm flabbergasted that you would think so, as the evidence clearly points to him not being all that clinical in the box, or even having the movement to create chances for himself in the box. If anything, I would say he's been better at finishing from distance hitting it first time in his period with us than anything resembling a lethal finisher in the box.

cisse is lethal in the box. He is average outside the box. Last year - no matter what striker we had, would have struggled since there were no service. He was very much isolated on top.

I basically blames pardew for his form. The wonga deal and its effect on cisse i cannot comment on.

Lethal in the box? I don't think his movement is particularly impressive in the box and he's not "lethal" when it comes his way either.

He's terrible outside the box, decent outside the box when he's playing well mind.

Last year.. no matter what striker we had would've struggled. Except the one that scored a dozen league goals by January.

You basically blame everyone except Cisse for Cisse's bad form.

I think Gouffrana and Remy have shown better positioning/movement in the box. Nearly all of Gouffran's goals have been sitters or being in the right place at the right time and finishing off the chance. Remy's scored a good few scrappy ones too.

During Cisse's wonder streak, I wondered if it was too good to continue. Except maybe the  WBA goals, the goals were all brilliant. Excellent strikers and finishes. The Swansea goals, absolutely beautiful. But I noticed he rarely got those scruffy Demba type goals. The level of finishing he was showing he was always going to struggle to maintain. Now.. I have absolutely no idea where his median ability lies. Maybe he's the type to just be brilliant or crap.

He was pretty decent towards the end of last season for a spell. Scored some important goals. But he's lost that too.

Lethal in the box :lol:

no? you don´t think so?

I'm flabbergasted that you would think so, as the evidence clearly points to him not being all that clinical in the box, or even having the movement to create chances for himself in the box. If anything, I would say he's been better at finishing from distance hitting it first time in his period with us than anything resembling a lethal finisher in the box.

he is not creating much for himself i agree. Finishing from distance is something he does well (when confident is present).

What he is good at is finding space/be at the right spot and finishing first time. In order to do that you need service. If we could create enough chances during a game i think he will get goals and i also think we will struggle to find a much better striker than him.

well - you all have good arguments.

All I'm trying to say is: i simply refuse to believe he is past it and i think we should give him a run this spring and then decide in the summer. Pardew should also find out how or if he can use him in the formations he prefer.

I'm curious to know if the people on here who want him gone think he'll be a good player elsewhere or in fact just think he's just shit. Not sure if they think he's so broken up here, he'll never get back to where he needs to be and needs to leave or he just simply hasn’t got the ability for the PL.

Given he is our only senior striker currently going to be at the club next season I think it'd be absolute lunacy to bin him off before signing a replacement even if it means risking bankrupting the club in the process

Has shown a decent touch now and then, and has a fairly powerful shot, but I just don't think he's a very good striker.

The majority of the best number 9s in this country have been able to score all types of goals, but their bread and butter finish will be to get their head over the ball, maybe take one touch, and then power it into the corner with their laces.

I can't think of many strikers who have hit more than 20 league goals in a season without showing they can finish like that on a regular basis. Maybe you could say Henry, but he was a truly exceptional player.

I've never really seen that from Cisse - even when he was in form he didn't really score goals like that.

His touch lets him down in the box more often than not, I cannot work out what he's trying to do sometimes, (he often trys some stupid manoevre with the outside of his foot). He usually contrives to do absolutely anything except stick the ball in the corner of the net.

I really don't think he's a very good player, I'd happily get rid if we could get half of what we paid for him. The offsides are beyond a joke now as well.

It's a risk just hoping he comes back into form though. I would rather we just signed a new striker, although we need another one even if we keep Cisse and sign Remy.

He's shown himself to be absolutely lethal when on form like, and having that forward back would be fucking dreamy, but we really cannot risk going into a season with a stiker who has history of going on some of the worst runs of form I've ever seen :lol:

question: Do you think we could fight off competition and sign a better striker than an in form Cisse?

Cisse has been out of form for 18 months now and he is 29.....when do you think he is going to recover his form..?

Has shown a decent touch now and then, and has a fairly powerful shot, but I just don't think he's a very good striker.

The majority of the best number 9s in this country have been able to score all types of goals, but their bread and butter finish will be to get their head over the ball, maybe take one touch, and then power it into the corner with their laces.

I can't think of many strikers who have hit more than 20 league goals in a season without showing they can finish like that on a regular basis. Maybe you could say Henry, but he was a truly exceptional player.

I've never really seen that from Cisse - even when he was in form he didn't really score goals like that.

His touch lets him down in the box more often than not, I cannot work out what he's trying to do sometimes, (he often trys some stupid manoevre with the outside of his foot). He usually contrives to do absolutely anything except stick the ball in the corner of the net.

I really don't think he's a very good player, I'd happily get rid if we could get half of what we paid for him. The offsides are beyond a joke now as well.

This covers it all.

question: Do you think we could fight off competition and sign a better striker than an in form Cisse?

That argument could probably be made for dozens of strikers; they all have hot streaks where they are unstoppable and would be hard to replace. What matters most however is that Cisse has been with us for two seasons, and has only been on form for the first six months. If he was as good as you suggest he would have at least consistently contributed even if not scoring as many himself, which he hasn't. He's only useful to us if he consistently sticks it in the back of the net, which he hasn't done for a while.

As for your question: yes, that's exactly what we did with Cise in the first place. If someone was mad enough to offer us our money back for him and we were willing to reinvest (big if mind) I'm sure we could find a better, more consistent player that suits our style of play.

well, i just think he should given a run this spring in order to gain some lost form. For how long he has been out form i do not no. But judging him on last season only is not fair imo. We played some of the worst football ever and if he doesn´t get any service and is left alone on top - what can you do?

With remy probably leaving in the summer i think we should keep cisse and use this season to try and fix him. If remy goes then we still need 2 new strikers at least as good as cisse.

There was an incident a few weeks ago - I think against Southampton - which to my mind really indicated something missing in his play.

There was a high ball into the opposition box, and a defender was the clear favourite to head it away, but Cisse was in a position to challenge and at least put his opponent off, which might have left something for a team-mate. Instead he backed off five yards, hoping to be the player that got on the end of the defender's clearance, but he was in no-man's land and it was completely the wrong call.

People are right when they say he has a dodgy first touch, but he also needs to be more team-orientated.

well, i just think he should given a run this spring in order to gain some lost form. For how long he has been out form i do not no. But judging him on last season only is not fair imo. We played some of the worst football ever and if he doesn´t get any service and is left alone on top - what can you do?

With remy probably leaving in the summer i think we should keep cisse and use this season to try and fix him. If remy goes then we still need 2 new strikers at least as good as cisse.

If we don't sign another forward this January I agree we should give him another chance in the second half of the season, because I would still rather play him than Shola. That said, he was an integral part of last season's failure, not (just) a victim of it. It could be argued we didn't play to his strengths (not sure which ones really, but there you go), but the fact we were treathened by relegation for much of the season was as much to do with not having a striker putting the ball in the net (especially second half of the season after Ba left) as anything else tbh. For him to refind his early form, it's not just a matter of Pardew giving him that chance, but also him taking whatever chances come his way and proving that he's on the way back, making himself undroppable. From what we've seen so far this season you have to wonder if he's even interested.

If we don't sign another forward this January I agree we should give him another chance in the second half of the season, because I would still rather play him than Shola. That said, he was an integral part of last season's failure, not (just) a victim of it. It could be argued we didn't play to his strengths (not sure which ones really, but there you go), but the fact we were treathened by relegation for much of the season was as much to do with not having a striker putting the ball in the net (especially second half of the season after Ba left) as anything else tbh. For him to refind his early form, it's not just a matter of Pardew giving him that chance, but also him taking whatever chances come his way and proving that he's on the way back, making himself undroppable. From what we've seen so far this season you have to wonder if he's even interested.

agree, but still think we should give him chance - starting now!

agree, but still think we should give him chance - starting now!

At the expense of who though? If we're changing our front three I would rather introduce Ben Arfa to be honest, at least he's shown he's eager in his substitute appearances and we all know what he can contribute. If we gave Cisse a number of starts to get him firing again we could very easily suffer in an attacking sense if he doesn't magically click. All in all, I still believe he should not be given a start before he displays some signs of improvement in his substitute appearances, which he certainly hasn't done lately.