Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He's not deadly in the 6 yard box though, he's deadly with the ball at his feet pretty much anywhere within 30 yards of goal. He's far from being just a poacher, although recently that's where his goals are coming from.

He's also very capable of linking up with the other forwards which usually gets ignored due to his his sometimes erratic touches.

Remind me how many assists he has this season? He may be a very good finisher but his link up play makes Sissoko look like Iniesta.

More Premier League assists than current our set piece taker for the record.

who???  :icon_scratch:

He's not deadly in the 6 yard box though, he's deadly with the ball at his feet pretty much anywhere within 30 yards of goal. He's far from being just a poacher, although recently that's where his goals are coming from.

He's also very capable of linking up with the other forwards which usually gets ignored due to his his sometimes erratic touches.

Remind me how many assists he has this season? He may be a very good finisher but his link up play makes Sissoko look like Iniesta.

More Premier League assists than current our set piece taker for the record.

who???  :icon_scratch:

Cisse has more PL assists in his career than Colback.

As if assists are relevant anyway when you put the ball in the back of the net every 75 minutes.

As if putting the ball in the back of the net every 75 minutes is relevant when you can chase midfielders alot.

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/352014123022.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely guy to boot. As long as we keep getting balls into the box (and by that I mean Janmaat keeps putting balls into the box), he will continue to score.

He's just a natural goal scorer if you can get some decent service. No one else attacks the penalty area like he does for us. So fuck if he doesn't do enough outside the box. I've always thought that part of his game has been criticised too much.

Lovely guy to boot. As long as we keep getting balls into the box (and by that I mean Janmaat keeps putting balls into the box), he will continue to score.

He's just a natural goal scorer if you can get some decent service. No one else attacks the penalty area like he does for us. So fuck if he doesn't do enough outside the box. I've always thought that part of his game has been criticised too much.

It used to get criticized when Pardew had us lumping long balls at him from the defence. Now that we have Janmaat marauding down the flank and crossing in like a proper fullback, Cisse can just prowl the penalty box as is his strength.

Rivière attacked the near post well to set up the chance as well, two up front can make a difference sometimes.

Aye, this too. They were a handful at times for the Villa defence. It definitely kept them on their toes.

Rivière attacked the near post well to set up the chance as well, two up front can make a difference sometimes.

Riviere is the opposite of Cisse. I really like some of the work he does outside the box, but he doesn't look like he's got the appetite for goals.

Riviere is the opposite of Cisse. I really like some of the work he does outside the box, but he doesn't look like he's got the appetite for goals.

Rivière's always been a 1 in 4 or 5 player. I still think there's something there and we disposed of him too quickly, and he is only 24. Today I would have probably swapped Cisse for Perez and left him on.

what the feck happened the last 2 seasons, completely got his mojo back

He failed to deliver when marginalised by the mercenaries Remy and Ba. Other than that he's generally always scored goals. He got us 5th in 2012, kept us in the PL in 2013 and has basically repeated that in 2015.

Aye, I thought Riviere had a very good game but just doesn't carry a goal threat at all.

Have to remember that Riviere was playing as the support striker today.  And he did a decent job of it.  More than happy for him to put a shift in like that in order to open the game up for other players every week without him setting the scoreboards alight.  I reckon Cisse, Riviere and Ayoze on the pitch at the same time is our best bet for the rest of the season.