sunderland

JH

McClean looks a great player, more MON too than Sessegnon, all pace. Vaughn is capable of great stuff too imo. Larrsson is a bit of a one trick pony too but it's a good trick. It's amazing what Bruce's mismanagement of that team did to them, they're now fast which is most worring, and probably will be pumped up for it this time.

They still peddling such bollocks? How on earth do they believe that. Sessegnon is the only player of any real quality they have.

I think their goalie,the Belgian lad, is quite decent too. Apart from them, lower Prem/Championship quality players at best.

If McClean continues to perform well, he could very well be an outside bet for the Euro 2012 Ireland squad this summer.

(Though it does spark the Northern Ireland vs the Republic debate, hmmm).

Didn't he say he wants to play for the Republic though?

Indeed, he's declared himself for them.

EDIT: ah, just seen that he's wanted to play for the Republic for a while now. Fair enough.

Well then there's no debate. Its in the Good Friday agreement than someone born in Northern Ireland can play for whichever of the two they choose. There'd be more trouble if they didn't have the choice.

My bad.

Saw someone browsing RTG on the ferry.  He looked like a t*** mind.

you missed a chance there, always take any opportunity to pose as a mackem. it's amazing what they'll say about their own if they think you're one of them.

Guest johnson293

should have made him overhear u thought we could sneak the title race with cissé

Aye, then he could have started a thread... "I was on tha ferry this morning, and overheard this mag kernt saying theyar ganna win leyg. FTM 9-1"

Guest Super_Hans

We should be aiming a lot higher than 7th.

4th is definitely what we should be going for, we are Newcastle United and should not be content with 7th, we are not Bolton, Wigan, or even Everton and Villa. The Champions League is where we belong rubbing shoulders with other clubs or our ilk.

If we can qualify this season, with the extra exposure and revenue it brings, I can see us back in contention for the title inside 2 more years - like the Robson and, especially, Keegan days. That level is where we belong, it's our natural place. I will be massively disappointed if this is not in the clubs (and the fans) expectations, it's not even being ambitious, it's where we should be.

Guest Super_Hans

We are going to fucking batter them.

They are always beneath us, it's not even a rivalry on the field, we are not at their level, never have been, never will be. We are in a higher bracket of club.

Other clubs might be in decline at the moment, but that's a very normal part of football. Everyone who achieves something, except maybe Arsenal invincibles and people like that, do it in part because their opponents have poorer seasons than them. We have almost won the title in recent history, we aren't Wigan.

The mythical 'top 4' can't expect to always be there, some of them will avoid the normal cycle by spending insane amounts of money (Man City) but otherwise they will go through transitional periods that will allow other clubs to come to the fore.

At the moment we're progressing and others are going backwards. Let's enjoy it, we've been on the other side often enough.

Guest Roger Kint

We should be aiming a lot higher than 7th.

4th is definitely what we should be going for, we are Newcastle United and should not be content with 7th, we are not Bolton, Wigan, or even Everton and Villa. The Champions League is where we belong rubbing shoulders with other clubs or our ilk.

If we can qualify this season, with the extra exposure and revenue it brings, I can see us back in contention for the title inside 2 more years - like the Robson and, especially, Keegan days. That level is where we belong, it's our natural place. I will be massively disappointed if this is not in the clubs (and the fans) expectations, it's not even being ambitious, it's where we should be.

Ignoring the rank delusion festering the majority of that post the idea that we would be 'aiming' for anything less than 4th is utter rubbish. The club doesnt go into games thinking 'we better not win this as it puts us ahead of schedule in our bid for 7th' Its simply a case of 7th rightly being classed as a fantastic acheivement especially way back in August and the club will do their best to finish as high as possible regardless of their expectations.

Edit: Having now seen the rest of your posts am not sure if you are a bit daft or a mackem WUM