sunderland

JH

We should be aiming a lot higher than 7th.

4th is definitely what we should be going for, we are Newcastle United and should not be content with 7th, we are not Bolton, Wigan, or even Everton and Villa. The Champions League is where we belong rubbing shoulders with other clubs or our ilk.

If we can qualify this season, with the extra exposure and revenue it brings, I can see us back in contention for the title inside 2 more years - like the Robson and, especially, Keegan days. That level is where we belong, it's our natural place. I will be massively disappointed if this is not in the clubs (and the fans) expectations, it's not even being ambitious, it's where we should be.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294

Guest Super_Hans

It's just ambition lads.

Ambition to see our great club where it belongs and where the geordie nation deserve to see their club be.

We should definitely aim for 4th, we should aim to go as far as we can. But if we finish in the top 7 I hope credit goes to everyone for a class season.

I will be laying the blame squarely at Mike Ashley's feet if we fail to win the league and there's nothing you can do about it Ian

Don't see anything wrong with your post Hans, I hope that's how Pardew and the players are thinking TBH.

I'm not sure we can get ourselves into title contention, but it's important that we're progressing and improving and adjusting our goals all the time. At the start of the season 4th was impossible, now it's (just about) reachable and we should be going for it.

Like to see a bit of positivity.

We should definitely aim for 4th, we should aim to go as far as we can. But if we finish in the top 7 I hope credit goes to everyone for a class season.

I will be laying the blame squarely at Mike Ashley's feet if we fail to win the league and there's nothing you can do about it Ian

Deluded Geordies and their unrealistic expectations.

Etc etc.

Guest Super_Hans

Don't see anything wrong with your post Hans, I hope that's how Pardew and the players are thinking TBH.

I'm not sure we can get ourselves into title contention, but it's important that we're progressing and improving and adjusting our goals all the time. At the start of the season 4th was impossible, now it's (just about) reachable and we should be going for it.

Like to see a bit of positivity.

Thank you Ian mate

Etc etc.

:lol: I just love the way you take it so personally whenever anyone slags off the club that you're now issuing pre-emptive strikes to make sure it doesnt happen  ;)

It's just ambition lads.

Ambition to see our great club where it belongs and where the geordie nation deserve to see their club be.

If Super Hans was a Newcastle fan, I imagine he actually would write just like this.

Etc etc.

:lol: I just love the way you take it so personally whenever anyone slags off the club that you're now issuing pre-emptive strikes to make sure it doesnt happen  ;)

:lol:

Ah right, never entered my mind to be honest. I was just saying that it would be brilliant to finish 7th. Genuinely wasn't thinking about criticism of the club, I was just saying we should remember what would constitute a good season.

Etc etc.

:lol:

Ah right, never entered my mind to be honest. I was just saying that it would be brilliant to finish 7th. Genuinely wasn't thinking about criticism of the club, I was just saying we should remember what would constitute a good season.

you're absolutely right

The geordie nation bit gave it away. Blatant mackem ffs.

Every post so far has some cliche in it.

'56000 geordies'. That's what Pardew said the other day and they had a thread about it on RTG.

Get rid before he poisons the board please.

Guest Super_Hans

Whats going on?

I'm not a Scumderland fan FFS if that is what you think.

Because I posted passionately about Newcastle, as a new poster on the forum, I must be a mackem? Thats illogical

56000 fans was a mistake, a typo in fact, I actually typed 556000 fans at first (as my finger hit the 5 and 6 instead of a two on the numbers pad), removed the extra 5 but obviously didn't change the 6 to a 2! I'm still unaware as to hos that would make me a mackem though. Newbiggin lad through and through