sunderland

JH

Spot on. He isn't a rightback. Doesn't have the attributes, pace etc...

Hopefully he is a replacement for Bramble/Kilgallon and with the money we get from them (Whatever it may be) we can put towards a proper RB.

We have form for playing people out of position and regardless of O'Neill doing it previously with Cuellar hopefully here he will play him at the back

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=712938&page=4#ixzz1zSHQ2Bxq

Bless..

Just seen the article on safc.com.

Man, I can't tell you how ecstatic I feel right now! Brilliant coup for MON, for SAFC and over the transfer window this season where I believe it is one of the biggest if you base it on the formula of "size of player = size of club", and this signing has deffo rocketed MON's approval rating with me!

Because for me this is a massive name for a club of our size to have attempted and to get in and shows what we can be capable of in the transfer market if we try.

What is lovely is the fact it has gone way below anyone's radar. Caught so many clubs unaware. I doubt there is a club in the PL who expected it to happen. That is why they were slow to capitalise on the chance and steal him from us.

MON you are brilliant! Here is hoping for more signings.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=712488&page=23#ixzz1zSJMyIjt

http://www.mountainalarm.com/images/FireWindow.jpg

Man, I can't tell you how ecstatic I feel right now! Brilliant coup for MON, for SAFC and over the transfer window this season where I believe it is one of the biggest if you base it on the formula of "size of player = size of club", and this signing has deffo rocketed MON's approval rating with me!

Because for me this is a massive name for a club of our size to have attempted and to get in and shows what we can be capable of in the transfer market if we try.

What is lovely is the fact it has gone way below anyone's radar. Caught so many clubs unaware. I doubt there is a club in the PL who expected it to happen. That is why they were slow to capitalise on the chance and steal him from us.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=712488&page=23#ixzz1zSJMyIjt

They signed Messi!?  :yikes:

Ummm, for only 2 million quid...seems villa were happy to take a loss and get rid of his wages.

The transfer window is now officially on FIRE.

There isn't a fee - he is out of contract.

Strange one, Carlos. He was reallly popular with the fans (hence the shenanigans at his last game for us), but over five years, no Villa manager played him consistently at centre half.

MON stuck him at RB for massive periods of time. He's decent defensively, but terrible coming forward. He's also the only Spanish person on the planet with no ball control. His first touch is like watching a puppy try to pick up a balloon.

Top bloke, though, always gives 100 percent.

They signed Messi!?  :yikes:

Ribery, surely.

How many centre backs do they have? Cuellar, Bramble, Brown, Oshea, Killgallon im sure theres a few more

Yeap, but O'Neill is known to prefer CB's at fullback than actual fullbacks.

This.

He'll be playing at right back.

Anybody else glad the international football is done and we can concentrate on the PL now?

I dont undertsand how anybody can still have a love for international football given how the FA has shown nothing but utter contempt for our club and kind over the years.

I can never be allies with some of the forces within this country; if you sleep with dogs you get fleas.

Futhermore this year promises to be the most significant in our history.

If we falter but a little the mag will pounce and take his opportunity to finish us for good.

THIS is the season to stand tall, to stand as one.

This is the time of Mackem heroes.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=712909#ixzz1zSODr9dN

You know who.. :lol:

Ummm, for only 2 million quid...seems villa were happy to take a loss and get rid of his wages.

Strange one, Carlos. He was reallly popular with the fans (hence the shenanigans at his last game for us), but over five years, no Villa manager played him consistently at centre half.

MON stuck him at RB for massive periods of time. He's decent defensively, but terrible coming forward. He's also the only Spanish person on the planet with no ball control. His first touch is like watching a puppy try to pick up a balloon.

Always looked a good CB to me, tbf.

Always looked a good CB to me, tbf.

And to me, too. But not to MON, Gerrard Houllier or Alex McFuck.

Richardson is leaving, I think. That means Bardsley is their remaining fullback.

I reckon his days are numbered, too.  We had him at Villa on loan from Man United, and MON sent him back before the loan period expired, he was so mind blowingly average.

There's an interesting point here beyond Cuellar, in that what we are seeing is MON falling back on his usual transfer tactics - almost exclusively sign:

1. Players who have played for him before.

2. Players who have played in the UK before.

It was infuriating for us at times, because we felt he was limiting himself to shopping in the overpriced home market, which was insanity, and largely explains how, when he flounced out, we were left with such a horrendous wage bill.

There's an interesting point here beyond Cuellar, in that what we are seeing is MON falling back on his usual transfer tactics - almost exclusively sign:

1. Players who have played for him before.

2. Players who have played in the UK before.

It was infuriating for us at times, because we felt he was limiting himself to shopping in the overpriced home market, which was insanity, and largely explains how, when he flounced out, we were left with such a horrendous wage bill.

It's beautiful innit? :lol:

If we offered him more money then he would be attracted. He could still see his mate Cabaye as much as he wanted to. And no they're not such a massive attraction compared to us. Same area, our stadium is better, better training facilities and we have just as much ambition as they do.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=712981&page=2#ixzz1zSn6I7Jt

:jesuswept:

If we offered him more money then he would be attracted. He could still see his mate Cabaye as much as he wanted to. And no they're not such a massive attraction compared to us. Same area, our stadium is better, better training facilities and we have just as much ambition as they do.

No, no, dunno, probably.

So in summary, no.