sunderland

JH

Well at least the mackems have tried to do something rather than just meekly let O' Neill take them down. QPR, Reading and Southampton have also reacted to the positions they were in even if it seems likely that for QPR and Reading it probably will make no difference. Pardew deserves to be sacked for leading the club to the position we find ourselves in, but the idiots in charge somehow gave him an Eight year contract and have been hoisted  by their own petard. Nobody is soccer gets a 8 year contract, as the excellent Jenny Owen Youngs sings "What the f*** were they thinking"

:anguish:

You really think Mike Ashley gave him an 8-year contract without any clauses? He can get rid of him whenever he wants to.

Exactly this.

Guest Geordiecunny

Never really been on Ready To Go before but after a quick flick I would say that it is not a good advert for fans of that football club. They all just bitch at each other, start threads just to post a YouTube video of something about which there's already about five threads and some absolute twonks can't spell words that are already written correctly for them in the thread title. I picture them being a bunch of barely literate guys who look like the 'I shot JR' bloke from Father Ted.

They really are a perfect fit. If they appointed a Mark Hughes, we'd have nothing to laugh at. Now we've got loads of material.

Amongst all this weird mackem positivity, I need some reassurance - this is an awful appointment isnt it?

Interesting appointment. Disregarding any political/ideological factors, if it were any other League 2 manager there would rightfully be a lot of question marks. I think they would have stayed up regardless but personally can't see it working out in the long-term.

Guest Geordiecunny

From a purely managerial perspective I'd rather appoint a Di Canio than a Hughes. You know Hughes is a poor, dull manager but there's a small chance that Di Canio is a rising star.

From a purely managerial perspective I'd rather appoint a Di Canio than a Hughes. You know Hughes is a poor, dull manager but there's a small chance that Di Canio is a rising star.

I'm really happy that the fraud that is Mark Hughes didn't get yet another top flight job. Wouldn't even wish him on the mackems, that's how low I rate him.

This appointment is just mental though, what the hell are they thinking? Even if he keeps them up this season, there's no long term ambition there.

They really are a perfect fit. If they appointed a Mark Hughes, we'd have nothing to laugh at. Now we've got loads of material.

Amongst all this weird mackem positivity, I need some reassurance - this is an awful appointment isnt it?

Must be like what panel shows feel when someone like George Bush becomes president

Absolutely awful appointment mate, don't worry :lol:

http://tn.sawfnews.com/newsphotos/Paolo_Di_Canio_200512211351132340_afp.jpg

to be fair mind Alan Shearer did that 206 times while playing for us.

He didn't, I remember a dive and a sort of shooting thing against Blackburn.

Pardew V Bruce

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/20/article-2039602-0D8250A400000578-707_468x430.jpg

Pardew V O'Neill

http://www.tynetime.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Alan-Pardew-NUFC-Penalty.jpg

Bring on Paolo to get served