sunderland

JH

Admittedly I haven't seen that much of him, but when I have he's reminded me of a bulkier and more polished Shane Ferguson (and not just because they're both ugly and from Derry).

I think he has a hell of a lot going for him considering that was his first step up to the prem. He certainly didn't look out of his depth. My mian problem i've seen with him is that he is all left foot, struggles to come inside and easy shown down the line. He works his socks off though going forward and tracking back, gets stuck in for the team, always looking to beat his man but can get an early cross in as well. Looks like he has a decent strike on him and is a threat in the air. For a 23 year old winger i don't think you can argue too much against him. I can definitly see him moving elsewhere for a bit of money if he has another good season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I said a while back that as soon as they get anything to do with their club that's above mediocre they will exaggerate and make out that it's f***ing amazing, they're doing this exact thing with McClean.

Such an average, average player.

Bit harsh, he's only 23, just broken in to the first team, has produced some classy displays and faded towards the back end of the season. I think he's showed a lot of promise and with the right coaching in certain areas could do very well for himself. Far better than the mackems anyways. Got a lot of things going for him.

Of course.

:lol:

I said a while back that as soon as they get anything to do with their club that's above mediocre they will exaggerate and make out that it's f***ing amazing, they're doing this exact thing with McClean.

Such an average, average player.

Bit harsh, he's only 23, just broken in to the first team, has produced some classy displays and faded towards the back end of the season. I think he's showed a lot of promise and with the right coaching in certain areas could do very well for himself. Far better than the mackems anyways. Got a lot of things going for him.

Of course.

I thought he actually put a couple in. The game against qpr he absolutely tore them apart and scored a decent goal, setting up another 2 or 3, can't remember exactly but he did look class that game. Even on his debut when he came on against Blackburn and changed the game in the mackems favour and they went on to win. If he came through at Newcastle people would be offering a different opinion.

Admittedly I haven't seen that much of him, but when I have he's reminded me of a bulkier and more polished Shane Ferguson (and not just because they're both ugly and from Derry).

Aye but what he lacks in looks, he more than makes up for in brains....they even have a song for him.

"I could wile away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin'

If I wasn't James McClean"

Aye but what he lacks in looks, he more than makes up for in brains....they even have a song for him.

"I could wile away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin'

If I wasn't James McClean"

That's class.