sunderland

JH

@JMcC_23: @CraigGards8 my daughter said '' dad can i have a rabbit ?..... i said ' no your too young, use ur fingers!

McClean quickly deleted(?) his twitter account after sharing that :lol: Seems a bright lad.

Classy

I think it's worth comparing the transfer strategies of the two clubs.

Newcastle - Make offer, bid turned down, wait several months, make the same offer, bid accepted, player signs.

Sunderland - Make offer, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid turned down, increase bid, bid accepted, player signs, bankruptcy.

For £14 million, I'd want a player who strikes fear into the opposition. I'd want their fans going into a match and thinking "woah, hope soandso isn't playing" "bit worried about how we cope with soandso". Does Fletcher worry teams? Really? A baldy Scotsman relegated a couple of times who bundles in around 10 goals a season?

He isn't a bad player. He's serviceable and alreet. But fucking hell man, he's a Scottish striker being signed from the bottom team. £14 million!

I observe MON has made no major change to his transfer policy.

14m for Fletcher? If anything, that's even more desperate than his most desperate moments with us.

What would you say was his worst?

Re-coker 8.5 from west ham?

Cuellar 8 mill from rangers?

Davies 7.5 mill from wba?

Young 5 mil from boro?

Heskey 4 mil from wigan?

Guest neesy111

Fletcher hasn't managed more than 13 league goals in a season during his career.  This signing reminds of when Flo signed for them.

Guest BooBoo

I quite like Fletcher :embarrassed:

#headsgone

:lol:

Saw that on Twitter by one of the more reasonable mackems. Still made my toes curl like. :lol:

If Sessegnon is sold then they are truly up shit creek without a paddle. It could be the equivalent of us selling Milner before we went down - the symbolism of the sale and the departure from ambition, as opposed to Milner being our best/key player.

Guest bimpy474

If Sessegnon is sold then they are truly up shit creek without a paddle. It could be the equivalent of us selling Milner before we went down - the symbolism of the sale and the departure from ambition, as opposed to Milner being our best/key player.

Aye, as much as it pains me to say it, Sessegnon is a good player and by far their best player, also the only creative spark they really have.