sunderland

JH

Hope today's result hasn't changed the mood too much as it definitely looked like it was "Marty in" week after a couple of flukey wins.

He needs their full support for another couple of transfer windows if he's going to push them over football's fiscal cliff.

15,000 empty seats against attractive opposition over the Christmas games, which always used to sell out, and that despite loads of cheapies and freebies.

Seems like it will only ever be full again for the visits of Take That and the north east's big club.

Guest bimpy474

15,000 empty seats against attractive opposition over the Christmas games, which always used to sell out, and that despite loads of cheapies and freebies.

Seems like it will only ever be full again for the visits of Take That and the north east's big club.

41,000 today wasn't it though ?

Aye, but I'm talking aggregates mate, 7K empties on boxing day and 8K today. (and it actually looked a lot more...........)

Guest bimpy474

Aye, but I'm talking aggregates mate, 7K empties on boxing day and 8K today. (and it actually looked a lot more...........)

Ahhh right....i see what you mean now O0. That is piss poor and it was a kid for a quid today wasn't it ?

On McUglyfuck -

technically mclean is no better than a decent sunday morning footballer. He can put a decent cross in and is a grafter, but at this level you need a lot more than that. The kid will never ever be good enough for this level. This is not a criticism of the lad

:lol:

On McUglyfuck -

technically mclean is no better than a decent sunday morning footballer. He can put a decent cross in and is a grafter, but at this level you need a lot more than that. The kid will never ever be good enough for this level. This is not a criticism of the lad

:lol:

They genuinely believed he was a better footballer than Hatem Ben Arfa a few months ago :lol:

they believe they have too much pulling/ spending power for spurs to resist. spurs on the other hand - see them as a bit of a nursery.

TBF, they're just a wee club from the North-East.

If they want to throw 10M at us - as many of them seem to - then I think that might do the trick. It's instructive how different their reaction is to Villa and Swansea's, though. Swansea loved Caulker, but knew that we'd only loaned him out to get game time, and that there was no chance of buying him. They were just happy to have him in their team. Villa were less happy to be helping us out, but for the most part accepted that he was going back to Spurs at the end of the season. Sunderland just sound a bit desperate.

I can't make up my mind whether the plethora of redundant threads on RTG is a good or bad thing. On the one hand, if you want a good post-match gloat it's a pain in the arse having to trawl through pages and pages of guff. On the other, there's always an entertaining new thread around the corner.

they believe they have too much pulling/ spending power for spurs to resist. spurs on the other hand - see them as a bit of a nursery.

If they want to throw 10M at us - as many of them seem to - then I think that might do the trick. It's instructive how different their reaction is to Villa and Swansea's, though. Swansea loved Caulker, but knew that we'd only loaned him out to get game time, and that there was no chance of buying him. They were just happy to have him in their team. Villa were less happy to be helping us out, but for the most part accepted that he was going back to Spurs at the end of the season. Sunderland just sound a bit desperate.

I think the desperation stems from us not having any real quality at full back since Makin and Gray more than a decade ago. Christ, Gardner looks a lot better there than some of the dross we've had over the years.

That said I wouldn't pay £10m. Between £5m and £8m seems about right to me.

I think the desperation stems from us not having any real quality at full back since Makin and Gray more than a decade ago. Christ, Gardner looks a lot better there than some of the dross we've had over the years.

Yeah, 10M sounds like a no-brainer. I'd be extremely surprised if we went for 5, but 8M might be a tough decision. The main issue is that we really do need a back-up at LB, and there aren't many out there.

What do you think of him? I'd love to take most RTG comments at face value, but I worry that he's being over-praised. He hasn't convinced me at all in our shirt, although there were signs that he could make a decent LB, given time.

Yeah, 10M sounds like a no-brainer. I'd be extremely surprised if we went for 5, but 8M might be a tough decision. The main issue is that we really do need a back-up at LB, and there aren't many out there.

What do you think of him? I'd love to take most RTG comments at face value, but I worry that he's being over-praised. He hasn't convinced me at all in our shirt, although there were signs that he could make a decent LB, given time.

Honestly the praise he gets is justified. He has actually been that good. Strong in the tackle, great engine, supports the attack well and has a cracking left peg. What more do you want from a full back?