Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd love to be in a group with inter

why? trips to italy are rubbish,  much better getting a trip to spain, germany or holland.

If we get an Italian trip next year pm me as there are some great places to drink in Milan, Turin & Rome.

why? trips to italy are rubbish,  much better getting a trip to spain, germany or holland.

If we get an Italian trip next year pm me as there are some great places to drink in Milan, Turin & Rome.

You found somewhere 'great' to drink in Turin? I went for four days and thought it was pretty shit to be honest. Big City with fuck all happening. Turin would be near the bottom of places to revisit.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lots of Italian cities are shite for drink as they don't drink as much as we do - mainly with meals and stuff or at home.

I went to a restaurant in milan - 9 euro a pint, fuck that!

Sooner we're out of it the better.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Believable from him but bloody ridiculous. Can't wait for European football again.

We've a squad just about capable of playing 38 league games. Which last season we did very well. We played a full season with three centre halfs and for the vast majority 2 due to injuries. We had none v Norwich away. We were fortunate Colo and / or Willimson didn't pick up a long term injury or we wouldn't be talking about the merits of the Europa League.

Unless the squad is bulked with at least half a dozen decent players then we will struggle at every level. Anyone think Ashley will accomodate?

Fulham got the final two years ago and finished 12th with a smaller and inferior playing squad to ours.

A few additions and we will be absolutely fine. What is the point of playing in cup compeitions if we're not going to attack them, 43 years is far too long.

Guest MrSundlofer

I think the size of the squad Fulham used in 2009-10 and our current squad is very similar actually. They did well in that year. Won against Juventus, Wolfsburg... Hopefully we can do as well.

I think the size of the squad Fulham used in 2009-10 and our current squad is very similar actually. They did well in that year. Won against Juventus, Wolfsburg... Hopefully we can do as well.

Yep, with some additions (couple of first teamers, couple of squad players) which I'm fully expecting our squad will be as equipped as them. They didn't even rotate that much, plenty of players playing 50+ games and they finished around where you'd expect that squad to in the league.

On Europa League - We're drawn with who we're drawn with.

On the fixture lists - We play who we play when we do.

On transfers - We buy who we buy

On sales - We sell who we sell.

On matches - We beat who we beat.

End of forum.

End of forum.

:lol:

While we're on, we should withdraw from the League and FA Cup too

Guaranteed to win the league if we do.

----

Looking at the seeds a decent draw for me would work out as so:

(if seeded) Śląsk Wrocław or Lech Poznań  - play in the EURO 2012 stadium, nice cheap city on the hoy

(if unseeded) Hanover 96 - massive stadium, they're not the best & good beer

and in the Groups...

Sporting - nice city, big ground, revenge

Lille - big new ground, close, Cabaye

Sparta Prague - no explanation needed

We'd have a fair chance of qualifying from that too but it'd still be competitive.

I'm going to be gutted if I can't get tickets for at least 1 or 2 of these away games like.

Would be a struggle to get out of that group imo but being 3rd/4th seeds we're always going to be handed a tough group. Think we're going to have to try and get maximum points from our home games if we're to progress to the knockout stages. Hopefully, get some good attendances and make it a hostile atmosphere just like the Liverpool/City games this season.

Definitely wanting to go to at least one European game next year...somewhere nice though  :laugh:

You found somewhere 'great' to drink in Turin? I went for four days and thought it was pretty s*** to be honest. Big City with f*** all happening. Turin would be near the bottom of places to revisit.

Yeah i thought Turin was crap aswell, Milan slightly better but police always but alcohol bans in place on match days so its a nightmare to get a drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Are Anzhi really that good? Don't think Spurs will take it seriously either.

Probably buy a whole load again, they can field a stronger team in Europe than domestically too because of the limited foreigner rule in Russia.

Finished behind CSKA and Dynamo like.

Probably buy a whole load again, they can field a stronger team in Europe than domestically too because of the limited foreigner rule in Russia.

Never heard of this rule but doesn't surprise me at all.

Never heard of this rule but doesn't surprise me at all.

Lookslike they might be changing it a bit - http://en.sports.ru/en/football/138090396.html

Makes a lot of sense IMO.

Guest Phil K

Pointless any "If this or that happens, we get thos one or that one, if the co-efficent is..."

What happens, happens. We get who we get.

do you practice being this miserable? It is the summer what else are we going to talk about!

Miserable ?

How do you read THAT out of it ?

You can talk sh*te all you like, and we get who we get IS the final word.

I'm looking forward to whoever.

If you want to talk about "who it might be" be my guest.

Throw in a few Chinese, Mongolian and American teams too.

Fills out the number a bit, and as much use.

Whatever rows your boat.

End of forum.

And ditto to you too

Who's stopping you wanking over the possibility we may get a Spanish or German or Finnish or French or.....oh God the excitement...... :iamatwat: