Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

had to google Luzern to see where it was. :okay:  GCSE geography was wasted.

Yeah in my 5 years of doing Geography at high school (2 of which were GCSE's) I never once learnt the locations of places, it was all about Meanders, v and u shaped valleys, oh and for some reason Sunderland's relocation from Roker park to the SOL.

had to google Luzern to see where it was. :okay:  GCSE geography was wasted.

Yeah in my 5 years of doing Geography at high school (2 of which were GCSE's) I never once learnt the locations of places, it was all about Meanders, v and u shaped valleys, oh and for some reason Sunderland's relocation from Roker park to the SOL.

Mine too, except the stadium of light bit. 'Geography' is actually not really about where places are at all.

Sorry to be a lazy bastard but has anyone got a link to the Group game fixtures? Probably tempting fate like!

20th September

4th and 25th October

8th and 22nd November

6th December

Play-offs are 23rd and 30th of August.

How hard will it be too get tickets for the away european games? pretty hard i'm guessing?

Wondering this myself

Not hard at all if you've been to go to a decent amount of away games in the past :thup:

As per domestic away's, it'll depends on supply and demand.

I only chose GCSE Geography because I thought it was "the capital of Guatemala" and "the capital of Albania". You can imagine my fury when it was all about volcanoes and sedimentary rocks. Never forgive; never forget.

I only chose GCSE Geography because I thought it was "the capital of Guatemala" and "the capital of Albania". You can imagine my fury when it was all about volcanoes and sedimentary rocks. Never forgive; never forget.

You must have been guated.

I just realised that we start to League cup in the 3rd round not the 2nd this season.  :smug:

league cup as a verb, i like it. it could mean to put out a weakened team and lie about it's importance like wolves at man utd the other year.."what's macarthy playing at ?...oh aye, he's league cupped it."

Guest Recoba

Just looked at the teams in it.  I assumed we would get some hopeless Austrian side or something, or Hearts, and be into the group stage no bother.

Could we get Anzhi, Inter or Liverpool? Is there seeding or rules about English teams playing each other?

I assume our co-efficient is ropey after years away from UEFA competition.

Just looked at the teams in it.  I assumed we would get some hopeless Austrian side or something, or Hearts, and be into the group stage no bother.

Could we get Anzhi, Inter or Liverpool? Is there seeding or rules about English teams playing each other?

I assume our co-efficient is ropey after years away from UEFA competition.

We're pretty borderline as to whether we'll be seeded & obviously that'll determine the standard of team we face and we definitely can't draw a fellow English team.

Seek out Malcolm's posts in this thread, he explains it pretty well.

Whether we're going to be seeded or not probably won't be determined until the Third Qualifying Round is completed, which appears to be the day before our Play-Off draw. Hope there's a few upsets; really can't be fucked with getting Inter Milan straight away, having fought tooth and nail to get us a European campaign for the coming season. I know you've "got to beat the best to be the best", but i fancy at least a bit of a run.

Whether we're going to be seeded or not probably won't be determined until the Third Qualifying Round is completed, which appears to be the day before our Play-Off draw. Hope there's a few upsets; really can't be fucked with getting Inter Milan straight away, having fought tooth and nail to get us a European campaign for the coming season. I know you've "got to beat the best to be the best", but i fancy at least a bit of a run.

A lot of the seeds will be eminently beatable like but aye it would be a pisser if we went out before the groups.

My hope is that we're in the same boat as Stoke & Brum were last season and they were both seeded.

Guest Recoba

Coefficients include your national associations average.  Thanks to Cheldea etc ours is decent.

If you think in Europe before we have played Berbatov (Sofia) Etoo (Mallorca) Hunterlaar (Heerrenveen)  and Drogba (OM) before they went big time.  I am a big fan of the Europa League and formerly the UEFA Cup as it has has provided a window to Europe outside the Barca/Real/Milan/Bayern etc dominated Champions League.

I love the CL too mind, obviously would rather be in that but the Europa League is great too.

just asked me mate before he reckons the 3rd august

i'm fucking sick, just found out i can't have time off work for the 22nd and 23rd...really hope our home fixture is then cos i'm hoping to get to the away one