Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Thomas Cook thing has been confusing throughout. I know people who booked with them and then cancelled on the understanding that they had insufficient loyalty points to qualify for a ticket. If loyalty points wasn't part of the TC criteria, i don't understand why they have lost custom by not making this clear.

I am on the Thomas Cook trip and I have enough points to know that I would definitely get a ticket.  I also personally know of at least half a dozen others who booked with Thomas Cook who had well over 100 points so please don't assume that everyone on that trip has less than the required points. 

There may only only be a few people with the required points or it could be a fairly large percentage but I don't suppose we will find out.  It is a difficult one because it is not fair that people miss out when others with fewer points get to go nor is it fair that those who do have enough points miss out because a decision is made too late to make alternative arrangements.

I got a confirmation email and the money taken out of my account last week but was thrown by the comment on here that Steve Wraith was saying on Twitter that the trip had been cancelled so at this stage I am still not 100% convinced it is going ahead.

Guest Geordiesned

Lass on Twitter who was given full refund by Thomas Cook as she didn't have enough points and has now had money taken out of account by club for ticket! Bloody ridiculous!

Club came out and clarified that loyalty points applied to those booked on Thomas Cook trip as well so if they've gone back on that it's a joke.

They also said that anyone who'd applied that had 100+ points was guaranteed a ticket. That better not be bullshit as well!

I am on the Thomas Cook trip and I have enough points to know that I would definitely get a ticket.  I also personally know of at least half a dozen others who booked with Thomas Cook who had well over 100 points so please don't assume that everyone on that trip has less than the required points. 

There may only only be a few people with the required points or it could be a fairly large percentage but I don't suppose we will find out.  It is a difficult one because it is not fair that people miss out when others with fewer points get to go nor is it fair that those who do have enough points miss out because a decision is made too late to make alternative arrangements.

I got a confirmation email and the money taken out of my account last week but was thrown by the comment on here that Steve Wraith was saying on Twitter that the trip had been cancelled so at this stage I am still not 100% convinced it is going ahead.

See what i mean? Even now it's still confusing.

I'm certainly not assuming that all those who've chosen TC haven't got enough loyalty points, but it just seems unclear as to wether or not points was an issue. I chose to travel independently personally, but you can't blame anybody who booked the Thomas Cook trip. We all had the option to do likewise.

I'm hoping I am fine with 86 points, however what a joke that is if its true. Who gives a toss if you chose to travel independently, there is no law that states you must travel via the clubs travel, you can get there how you want and their should be one way to sort tickets, and that is a fair loyalty system.

Why have a system if you don't use it? There may be people who have enough points to apply but aren't in the NE so can't fly with TC not getting a ticket because someone who has less points were available to go from the NE on that flight.

Not a dig at anyone who is on TC by the way, a dig at our pathetic box office and club.

It's not like NUFC ticket office to make up a complete balls up of this I must say...

Was speaking to some Man City fans who told me their system is graded so you get more points for certain games. Eg Southampton midweek or a low key League Cup away game would give you more loyalty points than say Man Utd on a weekend.

I think our system is too simple. Plus it gets abused as people use their ticket to get away tickets for their mates, rack up the points and then pick and choose. I know this because I've done it in the past! It doesn't seem overly fair though.

The whole loyalty points system is open to abuse anyway. It doesn't work very well. You see the people outside away games with a handful of tickets, and I mean 20+ handing out tickets to fans and taking money. If you had a season ticket and couldn't be arsed, or afford to go to away games, all you need to do is give these guys your season ticket number, they add you to their friends and family and order tickets from your season ticket to give to other people. You get the loyalty point and someone without loyalty points gets to go to a game by arranging it through the guy organising it all.

I know people without season tickets, who hardly go to home games, but they still end up at Sunderland every year. I myself have applied for Brugge through someone else because I don't have enough points.

Everyone will try to get to games however they can. If you can do it through one of the guys i mentioned, why would you bother your arsed building up loyalty points. I must have been to 40+ away games over the past few years, including Sunderland twice, but im just a simple club member. Not fair on people trying to do it properly, but thats the system so its open to abuse.

Excellent, hopefully that means both of us who've applied with over 75 have got them.  How do we find out again?

By reading the article ;)

All those over 75 points have tickets. When I rang the box office they said it was 'subject to satisfactory travel plans having been presented'.

Excellent, hopefully that means both of us who've applied with over 75 have got them.  How do we find out again?

All those over 75 points have tickets. When I rang the box office they said it was 'subject to satisfactory travel plans having been presented'.

Hope my travel plans were satisfactory then!

Guest neesy111

The club also said no one should make travel plans until they have tickets a few weeks ago. :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I know what you mean. I just don't trust them not to cock it up. I won't really believe I've got a ticket until its in my hand.

Well with it dropping, providing you have filled out the form correctly, you can assume you are guaranteed a ticket. There is no way of knowing 100% until the money comes out of bank or an extra loyalty point has been applied to your online account. None of which has happened apart from those who have applied through Thomas Cook.,. They have had there accounts debited, I'm not sure if is NUFC or Thomas cook who has taken the cash though? Maybe someone who has applied via Thomas Cook could clarify this?

Well with it dropping, providing you have filled out the form correctly, you can assume you are guaranteed a ticket. There is no way of knowing 100% until the money comes out of bank or an extra loyalty point has been applied to your online account. None of which has happened apart from those who have applied through Thomas Cook.,. They have had there accounts debited, I'm not sure if is NUFC or Thomas cook who has taken the cash though? Maybe someone who has applied via Thomas Cook could clarify this?

I am pretty sure it is Thomas Cook as they took out the money for the whole trip and not just the ticket money.  All the correspondence has come from them.

My other half heard about this last week and asked me if I wanted one as it's my birthday next week. Not sure how she came accross it but it was definitely away end and it was definitely 177 euros. I told her to save her money. Fucking ridiculous.