Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Songoku

Porto is the cancer of sport in Portugal... It's not our rival, it's our enemy.

Why? Why!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330214-fc-porto-leaked-phone-taps-proof-major-corruption-scandal

Just like Man Utd and their squad of referees. Except that will never come to light ;).

We can prove you that porto used to corrupt. You can't do the same wth chesternaite... it's completely different.

You hate united because most of the times you feel like the refs protect them... We hate porto because they're a disease

Porto does not control only the referees.. They control them and judges and EVERYTHING. The President on Federation of Portuguese Football was a vice-president of porto 2 years ago.. So you can imagine what the f*ck is this here

BEST THREAD EVER!!!

Seriously, I think I'm now in love with Benfica :lol: Wow, just......wow!

Please stay :lol:

That flag is an insult.

I hate our green and red. Portuguese flag colors are blue and white!

f*** republicans.

lol

Yeah let's not vote for our president, let's just select a nice family and give them the power over generations... sounds like dictatorship for me

I'd rather have a family that is educated to serve the country than a president that is educated to serve his party.

You must find Sweden a dictatorship then. Or Denmark.

Yes. And England to.

When you don't have the chance to choose... What is that?

When you are not able to be president of your country what is that?

It is not a question of what is best or not for a country... Is a question of what is right.

Kings don't have power anymore. They're just for show and tell. It's the elected governments that have the actual power.

The point it's not that... I don't care if a king has power or if it just there to show off.

The point is this: is it right for someone to be the most important figure of a nation just because he was born in a particular family?... The answer is no, of course

Kings are important? They're just glorified Kardashians used to promote the country outside the borders. If they had any power at all I'd agree, but as things are now it's just the same as how some people are lucky to be born to filthy rich parents and only be known because of that (Paris Hilton, Tamara Ecclestone, the aforementioned Kardashians) and so on.

Guest insanzada

In 2004 Pinto da Costa, Porto's chairman was accused of buying refs. The suspitions were old, since the 80s that Porto's being favoured by the refs were known. But until 2004 nothing concrete was "official".

Some wiretraps were taped. Pinto da Costa's staff calling refs, and each other, arranging "fruit" and "coffe" to the refs. Hotels, trips to Brazil and so on. Those tapes are available on YouTube. Some of wich were translated and subtitled in english, but I cannot find any, don't know why. In one of the tapes, a ref, the day before a important match, called Pinto da Costa because he had lost in the way for his house. The excuse they found was "the ref was looking for help to his father, who was cheating his wife".

In those tapes we hear things like "I have here the girls to you know who, get me some tickets", a ref saying that he was "working and would go to work after" the call, giggling in the between.

Well Pinto da Costa was accused and the evidence were pretty clear, but something amazing happened: the wiretraps were obtained illigally so they couldn't be used in the court. So he walked.

Still today he goes lunch with high government people. And the scandal continues.

This season alone they have no penalty kick against, only one red card (shown at the 93rd min), over aggressive players rarely get booked. Remember a season where Bruno Alves should have seen 4 direct reds at least and end up the season with 2 yellow cards only.

Two seasons ago were champion in our stadium with an off side goal.

So you can see better who they are:

Against Malaga, they scored 3 goals, all off side, one were validated. Malaga got a goal disallowed wich was a bad dicision, and they still complain against the ref.

Guest insanzada

They suppporters  are morons who throw rock against our players when they arrive to Porto EVERY TIME. To players, not supporters.

Guest Nick Valensi

BEST THREAD EVER!!!

That flag is an insult.

f*** republicans.

lol

Yeah let's not vote for our president, let's just select a nice family and give them the power over generations... sounds like dictatorship for me

I'd rather have a family that is educated to serve the country than a president that is educated to serve his party.

Yes. And England to.

It is not a question of what is best or not for a country... Is a question of what is right.

Kings don't have power anymore. They're just for show and tell. It's the elected governments that have the actual power.

The point it's not that... I don't care if a king has power or if it just there to show off.

The point is this: is it right for someone to be the most important figure of a nation just because he was born in a particular family?... The answer is no, of course

Kings are important? They're just glorified Kardashians used to promote the country outside the borders.

Doesn't matter what they do. A king is the most important person of a country. It should be elected by his people. If not, he is an imposion, and that is not democratic, it's dictatorial

BEST THREAD EVER!!!

That flag is an insult.

f*** republicans.

lol

Yes. And England to.

Kings are important? They're just glorified Kardashians used to promote the country outside the borders.

Doesn't matter what they do. A king is the most important person of a country. It should be elected by his people. If not, he is an imposion, and that is not democratic, it's dictatorial

Prime Ministers are the most important in my opinion, and they are democratically elected. But let's agree to disagree.

Guest Zlatan

Shocking stuff.

Do you rate Villas Boas?

F*ck him. He's the perfect definition of a classic pig. Just like Vítor Pereira, Porto's current coach.

Guest Nick Valensi

Shocking stuff.

Do you rate Villas Boas?

Villas Boas is a w*****... Like every andrade (andrade = porto supporter) he has a inferiority complex and his obsession is/was Benfica. All the time.

can i post a youtube link that shows that?

Guest insanzada

Shocking stuff.

Do you rate Villas Boas?

What do you mean by rate?

If you think he's any good.

He made an excellent job in Porto, I think he's really good when he as a star player. He's good making the team explore their strenghts. Hulk and Bale show it. Their best seasons were with him.

Shocking stuff.

Do you rate Villas Boas?

Villas Boas is a w*****... Like every andrade (andrade = porto supporter) he has a inferiority complex and his obsession is/was Benfica. All the time.

can i post a youtube link that shows that?

Squats a lot.

Really pleased with this draw. At the time, i was gutted. Like most i wanted Basle, and in terms of progressing Fenerbahce and Rubin would have been 'easier', but as most have said this is what European football is all about - a chance to play against a genuine top club, with great tradition. It will be hard to porgress, but should be a great experience in both matches.

Where would you place Benfica with some of the other giants we have faced in the past 10-15 years? Certainly in the same bracket as Barca, Juve and Inter me for.

Guest Zlatan

They are really obsessed with Benfica and Lisbon, imagine! In the 60's and 70's, Benfica was huge, winning everything, Champions League included, and they were nothing, just a little club from a neighbourhood. Benfica and Sporting were the top teams in Portugal.

But with Pinto da Costa, their president, they started to win thanks to corruption and schemes. This is true. It's on Youtube, but they were not arrested because that investigation was not legal.

They wake up thinking about us, they dream about us, they put pictures of us in their lockeroom, they are sick. They hate Benfica and Lisbon.

Guest Nick Valensi

Really pleased with this draw. At the time, i was gutted. Like most i wanted Basle, and in terms of progressing Fenerbahce and Rubin would have been 'easier', but as most have said this is what European football is all about - a chance to play against a genuine top club, with great tradition. It will be hard to porgress, but should be a great experience in both matches.

Where would you place Benfica with some of the other giants we have faced in the past 10-15 years? Certainly in the same bracket as Barca, Juve and Inter me for.

Historically, Benfica is in the top 10 European clubs.

We won 2 european champions club cup (1961 and 1962), lost 5 finals (1963, 1965, 1968, 1988, 1990) and lost a UEFA cup final (1983).

In the past 10-15 years we belong to the second division in Europe. We don't have the money to compete with the chesternaites, royals, farsas or shitys. If we had the same amount of money they do and if we had to chance to compete in a better league... We would be the best club in the world, with no chance :cheesy:

They are really obsessed with Benfica and Lisbon, imagine! In the 60's and 70's, Benfica was huge, winning everything, Champions League included, and they were nothing, just a little club from a neighbourhood. Benfica and Sporting were the top teams in Portugal.

But with Pinto da Costa, their president, they started to win thanks to corruption and schemes. This is true. It's on Youtube, but they were not arrested because that investigation was not legal.

They wake up thinking about us, they dream about us, they put pictures of us in their lockeroom, they are sick. They hate Benfica and Lisbon.

A lot of that sounds like Sunderland, apart from the success.

Guest Nick Valensi

I enjoy the writings of Saramago. Discuss.

Yeah, he wrote some good books. But my favorite portuguese writer/poet is Bocage.

Way way better than Shakespeare or Dickens or any other english writer :p

Guest Zlatan

Saramago is not easy. He has a personal style of writing, he doesn't use ponctuation. Still, he was a great writer and it's a Portuguese icon.

But, personally, I really like Fernando Pessoa.

Guest Nick Valensi

Fernando Pessoa is nothing compared to Bocage.

Bocage is the best portuguese poet ever. I'm hard whenever I read some of his erotic poems... And i get a proper boner, not a piss boner

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

Great writer, too bad he never found out about punctuation  :tongue: