Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure how many tickets NUFC are going to ask for. Would be fantastic to take 10,000.

Someone wrote 6,000 earlier.

There was a few Celtic fans for their game maybe around 6,000. I'm normally in the home section at the bottom of the Coca Cola stand and you can't actually see the away fans from there.

My Benfica supporting mate is getting the tickets next week so I'll probably be in with them unless I can get an NUFC ticket.

Well, you guys, I have good news for you. I talked with the board and they told me that there are, in fact, some problems with the registration process.

Try with this website m.serbenfiquista.com/forum/index.php?action=register;imode

It's the mobile version, it should get it done.

What year Benfica won by 3-6 at Alvalade?

In the glorious year of 1994  :smug:

Well, you guys, I have good news for you. I talked with the board and they told me that there are, in fact, some problems with the registration process.

Try with this website m.serbenfiquista.com/forum/index.php?action=register;imode

It's the mobile version, it should get it done.

What year Benfica won by 3-6 at Alvalade?

May 13, 1994. Benfica goals scored by: Isaías - 2 goals; Hélder - 1 goal; And João Vieira Pinto (The Golden Boy) 3 Goals  :D

Thanks, just have to wait for admin approval now. :)

Guest Zlatan

I want to ask you guys what do you think about the amount of French players in your team? Is it something that bothers you, or it's fine?

Guest Zlatan

I really like Cabaye, Sissoko and Ben Arfa, they are top class. Ben Arfa has a great talent, we would be great in Benfica  :iamatwat:

We have a few amount of Portuguese players in our team, and I'm sorry for that, I'd love having more national players, just like the old days.

Guest Nick Valensi

I really like Cabaye, Sissoko and Ben Arfa, they are top class. Ben Arfa has a great talent, we would be great in Benfica  :iamatwat:

We have few Portuguese player in our team, and I'm sorry for that, I'd love having more national players, just like the old days.

The problem is that top portuguese players are very expensive... Coentrão is the perfect example.

At least things are better now than they were one year ago... Roderick Miranda, Luisinho, André Almeida, André Gomes, Carlos Martins...

Guest Zlatan

I don't like Roderick, he scares me  :(

But we also have Rosa and Vítor, but they don't play. I'm sure that they'll show their true talent somewhere else.

Guest Nick Valensi

But we also have Rosa and Vítor, but they don't play. I'm sure that they'll show their true talent somewhere else.

João Cancelo, Fábio Cardoso, Ivan Cavaleiro, Miguel Rosa, Nélson Oliveira... The problem is that Maxi Pereira, Garay, Salvio, Gaitan, John, Cardozo or Lima are better

Guest Zlatan

João Cancelo, Fábio Cardoso, Ivan Cavaleiro, Miguel Rosa, Nélson Oliveira... The problem is that Maxi Pereira, Garay, Salvio, Gaitan, John, Cardozo or Lima are better

They are better in fact, but the Portuguese kids need a chance. When we sell those guys, we'll buy other foreign players, without giving a try with ours...

Guest Nick Valensi

They are better in fact, but the Portuguese kids need a chance. When we sell those guys, we'll buy other foreign players, without giving a try with ours...

The thing is: do you really consider Miguel Rosa better than Djuricic? I don't :undecided:

Guest Zlatan

Well, of course not, but Rosa never played, not even for one second! If Aimar and Carlos are leaving, can't he step up for the challenge?

Guest Nick Valensi

Well, of course not, but Rosa never played, not even for one second! If Aimar and Carlos are leaving, can't he step up for the challenge?

Yes, but he plays as a left-winger or 10. We'll have Salvio, Gaitan, John, Djuricic, Enzo... He has no chance to play more than 15 games

What did you think of Fábio Faria? I sat next to him at the Gil Vicente game. Did he have heart condition or something?

Guest Zlatan

15 games or not, he need a chance. He worked for it, the time is now.

Fábio Faria? Yes, he suffers from a heart condition and had to stop playing, unfortunately. Benfica bought him in 2010 from Rio Ave. Honestly, he's not a great player, I think Benfica only bought him to solve some economic questions with Rio Ave about Coentrão, who was from Rio Ave as well, but they had a small % on Fábio, so Benfica solved that.

I think he only played one game here, for the Portuguese Cup and he was lent to other clubs.

And, I can tell you, that his contract lasts until 2015, and, even though he can't play, Benfica will pay him until then  O0

15 games or not, he need a chance. He worked for it, the time is now.

Fábio Faria? Yes, he suffers from a heart condition and had to stop playing, unfortunately. Benfica bought him in 2010 from Rio Ave. Honestly, he's not a great player, I think Benfica only bought him to solve some economic questions with Rio Ave about Coentrão, who was from Rio Ave as well, but they had a small % on Fábio, so Benfica solved that.

I think he only played on game here, for the Portuguese Cup and he was lent to other clubs.

And, I can tell you, that his contract lasts until 2015, and, even though he can't play, Benfica will pay him until then  O0

Shame to have to retire at 23 but at least he'll not starve!