Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Zlatan

Hope you can get the win there  O0

We also play tomorrow in Guimarães, north of the country. It will be very hard, we're much better, but I'm afraid the team will be tired, because of the last game against Bordeaux.

Guest Benfica_1904

So, your game is tomorrow, right?

United is about to play, hope that they won't win  :razz:

We play Wigan away at 1600 tomorrow, Wigan away is one of our bogey fixtures so I think most Toon fans would accept a point.

In Benfica, the fans can't accept other result than victory... but your league is more difficult too...

Guest insanzada

We play Wigan away at 1600 tomorrow, Wigan away is one of our bogey fixtures so I think most Toon fans would accept a point.

In Benfica, the fans can't accept other result than victory... but your league is more difficult too...

Different realities.

Guest Songoku

Not only here we accept a victory. On the Europe its the same too. With all respect that NU deserve, Benfica has to win the 2 games. Less than that its a dissapoint for me.

Guest Songoku

We had two Portuguese teams as well along the way? (Vitoria Setubal, Sporting Lisbon....Maritimo, Benfica). ;)

four Setubal, 5 Sportings and 10 Maritimo doesnt make 1 Benfica!

Guest Zlatan

Setúbal and Sporting suck.

Offensively we are really strong, we can score goals in every stadium, we have Salvio, Gaitán Ola John, Cardozo, Lima, etc. It's true that we also have good defenders, such as Garay and Luisão, but we easily suffer goals from almost every team, although we're improving that.

I'm sure that Newcastle we'll try to attack our left wing, our weakest side.

We also play tomorrow in Guimarães, north of the country. It will be very hard, we're much better, but I'm afraid the team will be tired, because of the last game against Bordeaux.

Yep, think it is an 8.30pm kick off UK time - are we on the same time zone? I will be watching that game on a stream. I see you are 1/3 to win - basically if you put £3 on you would get £1 back plus your £3 stake, Guimaraes are 9/1 at home  :kasper:

Yep, think it is an 8.30pm kick off UK time - are we on the same time zone? I will be watching that game on a stream. I see you are 1/3 to win - basically if you put £3 on you would get £1 back plus your £3 stake, Guimaraes are 9/1 at home  :kasper:

Portugal/UK is same time zone. I'll be watching the game on SPORT TV.

Must admit I'm a bit pissed off with Benfica TV getting the rights to PL games, means I'll need another fucking TV contract :(

Guest Songoku

Must admit I'm a bit p*ssed off with Benfica TV getting the rights to PL games, means I'll need another f***ing TV contract :(

Cancel Sporttv and sign with Benfica TV. Price of sporttv = 26 Euros Price of Benfica = between 7-10 Euros

Must admit I'm a bit p*ssed off with Benfica TV getting the rights to PL games, means I'll need another f***ing TV contract :(

Cancel Sporttv and sign with Benfica TV. Price of sporttv = 26 Euros Price of Benfica = between 7-10 Euros

Yeah but how many matches can Benfica TV show? Sometimes SPORT TV has 3 PL games on at the same time.

In fact I heard that the PL are going to stop overseas broadcasters from showing the 1500 Saturday games (traditional UK kick off).

Which is a shame as it's a canny bonus if you follow PL and live abroad.

Guest Zlatan

It was a great move by Benfica. You see, there's this big TV company, called Olivedesportos, who owns Sport TV, a channel that transmits all kind of sports, Portuguese League, Spanish, Premier, NBA, etc.

And, once in a while, they need to renew the contracts with the clubs, in order to transmit their games. Benfica started their own channel, BenficaTV, in 2008 I think, but, back then, we still had a contract with Sport TV. But the thing is: those guys are mobsters eheh. They are really great friends of Pinto da Costa, Porto's president, and Benfica wants more money for the televison rights, and they won't give. So Benfica is leaving Sport TV, only letting them transmit games away from home, we will be the first club with a tv channel transmiting our own games live.

So, in order to screw, even more, with Sport TV, Benfica bought the exclusive rights to broadcast Premier League in Portugal, starting next season, in order to get more viewers and "steal" some from Sport TV. It was a great move, I have to say.

May 13, 1994. Benfica goals scored by: Isaías - 2 goals; Hélder - 1 goal; And João Vieira Pinto (The Golden Boy) 3 Goals  :D

The same Hélder who played for us half a season? Any others than him and Robert who played for both teams? Another question for Benfica-fans: What do you think of Sir Bobby Robson?

Guest insanzada

May 13, 1994. Benfica goals scored by: Isaías - 2 goals; Hélder - 1 goal; And João Vieira Pinto (The Golden Boy) 3 Goals  :D

The same Hélder who played for us half a season? Any others than him and Robert who played for both teams? Another question for Benfica-fans: What do you think of Sir Bobby Robson?

We like him very much. As he also liked has. You can find an interview from him declaring it. A huge moment of pride to us, his words

Guest Zlatan

Sorry for the gif  O0

Yes, it was the same Hélder, and yes, that's Baía. We won 1-0 thanks to that weird goal  :iamatwat:

About Sir Bobby Robson, we have immeasurable respect for him. Before he died, he gave an interview saying meaningful and beautiful things about Benfica. He was a gentleman.