Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Blackburn really are in deep shit btw. The amount of chances they had tonight (30+ was it?) and the way they essentially wasted them all........worrying times for them, Yakubu being back will be a big plus for them.

moronic journalism one from the guardian match report

Hoilett was involved in the first half's moment of controversy, when Coloccini was lucky to get away with tripping him on the edge of the area, particularly as Taylor went into the book for extending the argument and provoking a general melee

Simpson needs to concentrate on keeping inline with the rest of the back 4 as he played them onside 3 times tonight by being a good yard behind everyone else.

Simpson was balls. I know it's become a cliché to slate him for backing off, but he literally does nothing to stop attackers getting by him. There's virtually no point in him being there.

Didn't he clear one off the goal line again? just after we scored and they won a corner. I might be wrong though, stream was shite.

Simpson needs to concentrate on keeping inline with the rest of the back 4 as he played them onside 3 times tonight by being a good yard behind everyone else.

Simpson was balls. I know it's become a cliché to slate him for backing off, but he literally does nothing to stop attackers getting by him. There's virtually no point in him being there.

He was at least three times much lower than other line playing Blackburns players onside. Worst was when Formica hit the sidenet. He was 3 yards below everyone and kept like 4 (?) Blackburn players onside. If you take away the goalline clearances, he's just shocking. And I didn't even say a thing about his ablity with the ball.

Blackburn really are in deep shit btw. The amount of chances they had tonight (30+ was it?) and the way they essentially wasted them all........worrying times for them, Yakubu being back will be a big plus for them.

usually they're not bad at scoring goals however very early judging of that fellow modeste based off 1st half on football first is he hasn't the vaguest clue what a goal is or where to score one

Guest VaVaVoom

Ok, we won, a massive 3 points but lets be honest Pardew, we were absolutely awful. Possibly the worst performance of the season and we come away with a clean sheet!

I think it proved tonight that this 4231 is absolutely futile with those players in those positions. We were marginally better when we went to 442 in the second half. Our play was disjointed, once again there was NO movement, no guile, no spark...No nothing. Fair play to Raylor for having a go and getting that huge slice of luck. Obertan scored! :lol: Was actually a very VERY good finish considering the stick he has (deservedly) had. Great ball from Lovenkrands too.

3 points is 3 points i guess. Norwich and Arsenal didnt win meaning the league table is looking very nice going into our home game against Villa on Sunday. Cisse and Ba back to destroy them!

Krul...7 Only a 7 because of his penalty save which in affect won us the game really but his kicking put us in trouble time and time again and he flapped on far too many balls into the box.

Simpson...5 Another awful display. Gave away a needless penalty and was just shite in general.

Coloccini...7 Solid enough. Few dodgey moments but you can see he is not 100%.

Williamson...5 Just has NO composure and NO brain.

Santon...6 Got forward well but lost the ball time and time again. Lack of movement infront of him didnt help.

Ben Arfa...5 Awful. Careless. Getting a bit pissed off with him now. I love the lad but seriously needs to up his game. Maybe having two quality strikers on the pitch will help?

(Perch)...7 Another good solid fuckupless performance. Actually looked comfortable in CM.

Jonas...5 Did nothing.

Raylor...7 Passed well, got the shot on goal which lead to our 1st. Was canny in the 2nd half out on the right.

(Obertan)...7 Good injection of pace at the right time. Composed finished. Fair play to the lad.

Best...6 Tried to get into the game but wasted on the left.

(Lovenkrands)...7 Nice assist. Covered ground but didnt get in on goal. Better option in that FWL role.

Shola...6 Covered ground, done canny when we didnt have the ball but in attack his lack of movement limited us. Really shouldnt be starting and shouldnt have finished the game.

Guthrie...7 Good on the ball, passed and moved. Tried to make something happen.

Blackburn really are in deep s*** btw. The amount of chances they had tonight (30+ was it?) and the way they essentially wasted them all........worrying times for them, Yakubu being back will be a big plus for them.

usually they're not bad at scoring goals however very early judging of that fellow modeste based off 1st half on football first is he hasn't the vaguest clue what a goal is or where to score one

Modeste got himself into good positions but his shooting was shite, did he get any on target tonight?

Blackburn really are in deep s*** btw. The amount of chances they had tonight (30+ was it?) and the way they essentially wasted them all........worrying times for them, Yakubu being back will be a big plus for them.

Modeste got himself into good positions but his shooting was shite, did he get any on target tonight?

not that I can remember watching thus far, in fact I'm struggling to think of a shot even close to being on target

From the Guardian match report:

Hoilett was involved in the first half's moment of controversy, when Coloccini was lucky to get away with tripping him on the edge of the area

You've got to be kidding me, it was one of the worst dives I've ever seen!

Modeste got himself into good positions but his shooting was s****, did he get any on target tonight?

not that I can remember watching thus far, in fact I'm struggling to think of a shot even close to being on target

One good shot late in the game afetr Colo slipped, but went straight to Krul.

moronic journalism one from the guardian match report

Hoilett was involved in the first half's moment of controversy, when Coloccini was lucky to get away with tripping him on the edge of the area, particularly as Taylor went into the book for extending the argument and provoking a general melee

Christ, at least they got Taylor right.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, I've never known us be that shit and still get a result, never mind a win.

Krul 9

Simpson 4

Williamson 5

Coloccini 5.5

Santon 6

Ben Arfa 5 / Perch 6

Taylor 4

Guthrie 5

Jonas 6.5

Best 5

Ameobi 1. I've been watching Shola for his full career and it's really a huge achievement, considering how terrible he can be, that tonight was the worst performance I've seen from him. Well done Shola, Dillinger and Abignale have nothing on you as conmen.

f***ing hell, I've never known us be that s*** and still get a result, never mind a win.

Krul 9

Simpson 4

Williamson 5

Coloccini 5.5

Santon 6

Ben Arfa 5 / Perch 6

Taylor 4

Guthrie 5

Jonas 6.5

Best 5

Ameobi 1. I've been watching Shola for his full career and it's really a huge achievement, considering how terrible he can be, that tonight was the worst performance I've seen from him. Well done Shola, Dillinger and Abignale have nothing on you as conmen.

Coloccini.  :lol: