Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

Getting them both back is crazy especially after having to see Shola play. It's such a massive upgrade that I don't even know how to describe it! This could be the push we need, too bad we don't have Tiote and Cabaye. I do have concerns if they will get the supply they need, especially if as expected HBA is dropped to the bench.

The lad comes from baking temps, in the ACoN, to a freezing cold Newcastle...and he's one of only a few not wearing a hat! f***ing hardcore this one, lads :snod:

tbf he's used to playing in continental europe which get much colder than the north east.

Getting them both back is crazy especially after having to see Shola play. It's such a massive upgrade that I don't even know how to describe it! This could be the push we need, too bad we don't have Tiote and Cabaye. I do have concerns if they will get the supply they need, especially if as expected HBA is dropped to the bench.

It's not like we've given Ba a lot of service so far this season. He's essentially managed to get the majority of his goals by doing all the work himself. Really looking forward to seeing them together on the pitch. Reckon Ba will drop a little deeper to help set up the attacking play (as he did vs Man U), with Cisse on the shoulder of the last defender looking to use his pace. Should be interesting!

It's not like we've given Ba a lot of service so far this season. He's essentially managed to get the majority of his goals by doing all the work himself. Really looking forward to seeing them together on the pitch. Reckon Ba will drop a little deeper to help set up the attacking play (as he did vs Man U), with Cisse on the shoulder of the last defender looking to use his pace. Should be interesting!

theres a youtube vid of his goals this season, you'll find, in ronaldo's words, "you're wrong"

3-0 to Newcastle

2-1 villa win. Away form to continue

Ba and Cisse will likely play which is bad news for us; both were rested against Blackburn due to their flights from Africa.

I fancy Villa to cause a few problems in attack but we're going to concede.

2-2.

Going to be positive after our second half performance against QPR and say that we might just sneak this one as Newcastle will be weakened without a couple of their better players. A good time to play them

theres a youtube vid of his goals this season, you'll find, in ronaldo's words, "you're wrong"

Ba is very good at creating chances for himself tbf. The Man U goal is a perfect example of getting a goal from nothing.

Guest Roger Kint

Ba is very good at creating chances for himself tbf. The Man U goal is a perfect example of getting a goal from nothing.

Not the same as what madras pointed out at all though.

The lad comes from baking temps, in the ACoN, to a freezing cold Newcastle...and he's one of only a few not wearing a hat! f***ing hardcore this one, lads :snod:

tbf he's used to playing in continental europe which get much colder than the north east.

Aye but he's been in Africa for 4 weeks though.

No, but Unbelievable! still has a point, that Ba can score without great service.

thats not really what he says though is it ?

Without even looking at a youtube video i'm sure most of his goals have come from crosses or passes from other players rather than mazy runs beating loads of people himself.

Man Utd he hooked in after a flick on from Shola, didn't create it himself.

No, but Unbelievable! still has a point, that Ba can score without great service.

That's exactly what I said. I don't think we've created boatloads of chances for Ba through good attacking football. He's been very clinical converting the few chances we have created for him, and on top of that has scored a fair few where he essentially created the chance all by himself.

No, but I'm sure that's the point he's trying to make.

but the way he's trying to prove it is false, the majority of his goals haven't been solo efforts from nothing, most have been one on one good finishes from inside the box after having the ball fed to him. (similar to the trotted out line about martins as if he scored the spurs type goal regular)

That's exactly what I said. I don't think we've created boatloads of chances for Ba through good attacking football. He's been very clinical converting the few chances we have created for him, and on top of that has scored a fair few where he essentially created the chance all by himself.

there were 2 (man utd and norwich off the top of my head), the rest were created for him and mostly one on ones which he done well to get into position for, but thats his job.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/cisse_gives_newcastle_a_lift_before_he_s_kicked_a_ball_1_4212037

Pardew - “It’s not impossible that they could be on the bench, as they’ve had a long journey, but I haven’t decided yet.

Could be taken one of two ways. I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it means though.