Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

No, but Unbelievable! still has a point, that Ba can score without great service.

thats not really what he says though is it ?

That's exactly what I said. I don't think we've created boatloads of chances for Ba through good attacking football. He's been very clinical converting the few chances we have created for him, and on top of that has scored a fair few where he essentially created the chance all by himself.

there were 2 (man utd and norwich off the top of my head), the rest were created for him and mostly one on ones which he done well to get into position for, but thats his job.

Blackburn (h) #1: cross from the left, a lot of work still to do to control the ball, spin and whack it in, not exactly a tap in. Fifty fifty created for him.

Blackburn (h) #2: profited from a flick on from the Blackburn defender. Not created for him by the team.

Blackburn (h) #3: good ball in for a fantastic header at the back post. Created for him by the team.

Wolves (a): header at the near post from a corner. Created for him by the team.

Spurs (h): good ball in from the left. Created for him by the team.

Stoke (a) #1: penalty. Created for him by the team.

Stoke (a) #2: good cross from the right. Created for him by the team.

Stoke (a) #3: tap in from a miscued shot from the right. Created for him by the team.

Man U (a): pen. Created for him by the team.

Norwich (a) #1: Fantastic ball over the top from Cabaye. A lot of work still to do, but created for him by the team.

Norwich (a) #2: ball played to him from our own side. A lot of work still to do. Not created for him by the team.

WBA (h) #1: fantastic free kick. Although won by Obertan, I would say not created by the team as there was still a LOT of work to do.

WBA (h) #2: well laid down for him by HBA for a fantastic finish. Created by the team.

Bolton (a): decent ball in from the right. Created by the team.

Man U (h): good flick on by Ameobi. Still a lot of work to do, but created by the team.

I have to admit, there's more in there where the service was decent than I remembered. Still, most of them are not exactly easy finishes where he just happens to be in the right place at the right time Owen style. Let's put it like this: I don't think our team is great at creating chances. Ameobi and Best are not a step down because they miss the easy chances that Ba puts away frequently, but because they are unable to make the runs, control the ball and finish as lethally as Ba is. I think we've seen in the past few games without him how much we depend on him being able to covert a half chance into a goal. I can't even remember any attempts on target from Best and Shola in his absence, outside of the Best goal vs QPR.

3-0 to Newcastle

2-1 villa win. Away form to continue

Ba and Cisse will likely play which is bad news for us; both were rested against Blackburn due to their flights from Africa.

I fancy Villa to cause a few problems in attack but we're going to concede.

2-2.

Going to be positive after our second half performance against QPR and say that we might just sneak this one as Newcastle will be weakened without a couple of their better players. A good time to play them

Why do they discuss Villa in the third person. 

The Villa forums are pretty optimistic.

Only been beaten twice away from home. Only Man United have done better than that.

That's a mental stat, considering I don't think I can remember watching them and not thinking they were shite at any point this season.

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Santon

Perch - Guthrie

Ben Arfa                Ba                        Jonas

Cisse

Guest hatem garrincha

Krul

Perch - Guthrie

Cisse

It'll be :

Krul

Raylor(or Obertan)  Perch  Guthrie        Jonas

Best        Ba

Krul

Perch - Guthrie

Cisse

:snod:

Maybe replace Perch with Abeid if Pardew thinks he's ready.