Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

Hoping Own Goal gets a game tomorrow, like.

Unrelated but is that picture genuine? And if so, where can I get a big version of it? :)

Check the Tiote thread; there's a link to a documentary about him a couple pages back.

No1shaygiven Shay Given

Nice to be back in the Toon. Looking forward to the game 2morra @ST. JAMES' PARK

Given will be hard to beat as usual tomorrow. I remember him making several world class saves against Cabaye earlier the season.

Starting to feel uneasy about this match. The snow, Given making his return, the 6-0 revenge factor and their quick counter attacks......things have been going too well lately and this is the 'brought back down to Earth' match we often get.

Starting to feel uneasy about this match. The snow, Given making his return, the 6-0 revenge factor and their quick counter attacks......things have been going too well lately and this is the 'brought back down to Earth' match we often get.

Aye. Two defeats in a row only to be followed by an ugly win against Blackburn - we're surely very arrogant right now. :lol:

Exactly my feelings. Factor in a Sunday game, bollocks kick off time and on Sky and quite frankly I'm really not looking forward to it.

Aye. Two defeats in a row only to be followed by an ugly win against Blackburn - we're surely very arrogant right now. :lol:

;D I meant all the hype about being 5th in the league, not selling anyone and bringing in Cisse.

Villa are very much mid-table this season. If we are serious about keeping up with the top clubs we need to win this.

Couldn't sgree more. Some people are saying the results today haven't gone well for us. For me those results are irrelevant (Apart from Arsenal who were always going to win). Hopefully Chelsea get beat and Liverpool don't get more than a point on Monday.

Despite the weather and not playing too great recently I'm really looking forward to this.  First visit to SJP since last season and bringing my lad down too.  Like a lot of people I absolutely f**king detest this shower after the antics at our relegation.  Would love us to put 6 past them again but would settle for 4.:-)  Hope us fans turn the heat up and make it a bearpit for them and our boys to respond by re-emphasising we are where we are through merit.

@physioroom PhysioRoom.com Ltd

#DembaBa & #DembaCisse are both available for selection #Cabaye suspended #Tiote still on ACN duty #nofreshinjuryconcerns @NUFCofficial

19 minutes ago

@physioroom PhysioRoom.com Ltd

#Agbonlahor (hamstring / back) is doubtful #Albrighton & #Collins will definitely miss out #Herd hopes to be back soon @AVFCofficial

15 minutes ago

Wouldn't be averse to Agbonlahor missing out.

Difference between a win and a loss imo.

Would be great if true, but players always seem to get fit for the match against us, so im not confident until i see the team sheet right before the match.

Wouldn't be averse to Agbonlahor missing out.

Difference between a win and a loss imo.

Would be great if true, but players always seem to get fit for the match against us, so im not confident until i see the team sheet right before the match.

Wouldn't go along with that like

Guest michaelfoster

no snow forecast overnight, temperature 1 degree, 4 degrees and sunny at midday tomorrow, with the gritters being out and our undersoil heating should be no questions of this being called off.

I really wish this game had come in two weeks time when Ba and Cisse would have been bedded into the team together. I think we've got a cracking side if we can get all the parts to fit in an effective formation and playing style. I think Villa might be able to take advantage of the fact that Tiote and Cabaye missing and Ba is just coming back into the team.

So fucking true. I've so far got no workable combinations.

no snow forecast overnight, temperature 1 degree, 4 degrees and sunny at midday tomorrow, with the gritters being out and our undersoil heating should be no questions of this being called off.

Blizzard outside mind, and this afternoons rain has frozen as well.