Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

I tempted to go with this

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Willi

Jonas                            Santon

Perch

Guthrie                  Arfa

Demba    Demba

Shamed we don't have cb alternatives than simpson, and tiote will not available yet

My word.

I tempted to go with this

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Willi

Jonas                            Santon

Perch

Guthrie                  Arfa

Demba    Demba

Shamed we don't have cb alternatives than simpson, and tiote will not available yet

My word.

Is that you Alan Shearer?

Jesus Christ, anyone would think we're playing Barcelona.

I doubt there are many teams in the league that would look at playing us as an easy game.

It will be close, we'll be up for it, and will probably be playing very tight at the back. We're extremely good on the counter with plenty of pace and good at creating chances.

Could easily go either way but we won't get a thumping. I still fancies us to win it 1-2.

Well said that man. We usually do well against them. Colo was inches away from winning it against them at SJP. It would have been a fair result in a "took our chances" kind of way.

Guest ykmkmdd

can't imagine anything other than:

Obertan - Guthrie - Perch - Jonas

Cisse - Ba

Absolutely no way he trusts Ben Arfa to track Bale.

Guest schmuck

---------------------Krul---------------------

-----------Williamson---Coloccini------------

-Santon----------------------------Ferguson-

----------Guthrie---Perch----Jonas-----------

-------------------Ben Arfa-------------------

--------------Cisse--------Ba-----------------

Likelihood: 0 (though in light of Pardew's recent comments... still 0)

Sexyhood: 8.5

Goals conceded: 3-5

Not much of a chance here. We will be completley dominated in midfield. The only thing is that Adebayor can't buy a goal, but I'm sure Bale will find a way to go past Simpson on a number of occasions. If Pardew is serious about "having a go", then Ben Arfa definately should start on the right.

Obertan did alot better yesterday but he is still no where near as good as Ben Arfa.

Obertan can't seem to pick out a simple pass at times and passes to the opposition. Ben arfa is the one we need to persevere with. Ok he gets caught in possesion too much but that should improve. Ben Arfa's all round skill, vision and passing is awesome. The movement of the Dembii is also awesome and will surely bring out the best in Ben arfa. The thought of the three of them on the same pitch is mouth watering. Ben Arfa through balls for the Dembii instead of Strolla and best !!!  Ben Arfa's future looks bleak under Pardew unfortunately, hope i'm wrong.

I just hope Pardew tries this:

Krul

Simpson  Willi        Colo    Santon

Ben Arfa  Guthrie  Mehdi    Jonas

Ba

Cisse

Woulden't be gutted if we played Perch but want to see more of Mehdi, looks very promising.

Might be worth putting Jonas on the RW to help out with Bale. If we put Ben Arfa on the LW we could also get some genuine crosses in to the box from either side.

Think Santon would have a harder time of it but as they're good on either flank it's going to tough anyway!

Is there any chance tiote could be back for this?

no, he has a game midweek (Semis) and depending if he wins or loses he will either have the 3rd play-off on Saturday, ot the final on Sunday.

It's not in our DNA to get smashed. Yes, that sounds unbelievable but it can not be more true. We haven't been smashed all season, really. We'll put up a good fight, and hopefully come away with a point. I think they'll win 1-0 or 2-1, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'll feel satisfied with our effort - like I've been for 90% of the games this season. It's such a refreshing feeling to know that you're going to get a performance from the team every week.

It's not in our DNA to get smashed. Yes, that sounds unbelievable but it can not be more true. We haven't been smashed all season, really. We'll put up a good fight, and hopefully come away with a point. I think they'll win 1-0 or 2-1, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'll feel satisfied with our effort - like I've been for 90% of the games this season. It's such a refreshing feeling to know that you're going to get a performance from the team every week.

Makes a change ;)

We have still conceded 5 to Fulham and 4 to West Brom though so it can still happen even if we are much tighter than we used to be..

Strangely confident for this one.

Krul

Simpson  Willo Colo  Santon

Gosling  Perch Guthrie  Vuckic

Ba Cisse

Weird formation but we can't afford to get as overrun in midfield as we did against Villa. Having two wingers that will tuck in will make us more solid and tbh i'd trust Vuckic and Gosling to put in better crosses than Obertan and Jonas anyway

Strangely confident for this one.

Krul

Simpson  Willo Colo  Santon

Perch

Obertan  Guthrie  HBA  Jonas

Ba

No Cisse  :huff: