Rangers Newco

Decky

I'm actually pleasantly surprised SPL (Self-Preservation League) teams have decided to go down this route. A victory for the fans and sporting integrity really. However, parachuting a brand new club into Division 1 will be an equally as big a disgrace as had they been let into the SPL. Why should clubs like Berwick live within their means, contest without cheating or running themselves into the ground, and be leagues below a new team who only exist because their previous old-co cheated, built up debt and ran them into the ground.

Yeah I 100%, a new club regardless of it being made up mostly of an old one should have to start at the bottom. Even then you have to ask yourself the question why should they be allowed straight in instead of the likes of Edinburgh city who have been trying to get into the SFL for years?

When Gretna went bust, the SFL clubs voted on their replacement. I don't see why this should be any different. Can't see as many clubs as usual applying though considering their chances against the new Rangers. Usually Gala, Cove, Spartans, Edinburgh City and Preston Athletic apply. Spartans don't have many friends in the SFL.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised SPL (Self-Preservation League) teams have decided to go down this route. A victory for the fans and sporting integrity really. However, parachuting a brand new club into Division 1 will be an equally as big a disgrace as had they been let into the SPL. Why should clubs like Berwick live within their means, contest without cheating or running themselves into the ground, and be leagues below a new team who only exist because their previous old-co cheated, built up debt and ran them into the ground.

Again, the vote won't happen. The clubs know this which is why all these statements came flying out all of a sudden

It's no surprise all these clubs are now coming out voting no, why? Because it's irrelevant, there will be no official vote. The leagues are set to be hastily restructured. Rangers will be in league 1

The vote will happen, it's too late in the day to suddenly change the league structures for next season.

You will probably see every club come out and vote no now because the no vote has pretty much been confirmed so they don't have anything left to lose by voting no as it's already going to happen. It's far better they continue the trend and vote no to appease their fans.

The only thing to be decided now is Division 1 or Division 3.

Again, the vote won't happen. The clubs know this which is why all these statements came flying out all of a sudden

What makes you think the vote won't happen?

This chap seems to have a pretty good handle on the situation.

Strong rumours now that the new Rangers don't actually have any significant funding behind them and the purchase was merely an exercise in making a quick buck. This no longer stacks up with the new Rangers being denied access to the SPL and any share of the TV deal. The Strathclyde police are now investigating the legality of Whyte takeover and the HMRC are investigating the legality of the Green takeover.

Meanwhile, the SFA still have to decide on sanctions for the previous disrepute charge and Rapid Vienna have reported the club to UEFA over non payment of the Jelavic transfer.

Have I missed anything?

Oh yes, the HMRC are still to decide on the big tax case and the SFA need to investigate the dual contracts issue and the Scottish PFA are suing the club over what they consider to be the illegal transfer of the players contracts.

Meanwhile, the so called governing bodies of the Scottish game are trying to arrange a 'fix' to allow the new club straight into the 1st division. The backlash against this has already begun.

This new club has no players registered, next to no pre-season friendlies organised, the legality of whether it even owns the ground and the training ground are the subject of possible criminal investigations, they have no audited accounts and (possibly) no cash and the Scottish season kicks off in 5 weeks or so.

Rangers fans are holdinh off buying season tickets as they fear the cash will disappear when the latest owner does a runner.

Oh and Ticketus (remember them?) are hanging out for the best part of £30 million and are not surprisingly not best pleased about it.

How can the SFL clubs even consider offering this shambles a place in their top division or even their bottom one? and more interestingly, how can the SFA consider giving them a licence? How would they possibly justify this to UEFA if asked?

It looks more and more as if Rangers FC are totally gone and will not kick a ball in anger anywhere next season.

Two separate rumours going around now.

One is that they are taking a year out and the other is that the SFA are to meet tomorrow and are set to offer them a place in Division 1.

The one about them taking a year out is kind of hard to understand, if true it could be the SPL or the SFL playing the waiting game and waiting for the hatred towards the club to go down so that next season they can be placed straight into the SPL or a newly formed SPL format or even Division 1.

Also if the SFA reject their application to be a member club then they are not allowed to play any football matches at all, including friendlies which would make financing the club for a year without game hard.

The 2nd rumour is probably rather believable, the SFL would relish the chance to bring in Rangers and I could easily see them pissing on another club in order to bring them in and sell the TV right that will come with it.

It's such a mess.

It doesn't need to be. If the SFL and the SFA insist on having them within the league structure then they need to start from the bottom. They also need to be punished for players being given 2 contracts, not being registered, back handers etc.

Everything else is irrelevant, the club will only become a viable business once they are given a league placing even if Green is only out to make a quick few quid.

It's only a mess because the SFA, SPL, and the SFL are dragging their heels in doing the right thing.

It's all about money sadly - so many are frightened of losing the cash cow that is Rangers and that is why the right thing will not be done (making them start in the 3rd division) I feel many good Rangers fans would agree with that, if it meant the club could start afresh and with no hangers-on. I'd also hope that criminal charges will be brought against those who have been abusing their positions.

They're an utter shambles. I'm starting to think they would be better off just totally finishing and starting again non-league until they sort themselves out. Anyway, currently to get into the SFL you need to have three years of accounts to show. Another option is to murder another club.

how is that even possible

The SFA have confirmed that they haven't applied to join a league at all though they have asked for the oldco membership of the SPL to be transferred to the newco which as well know has been pretty much rejected before the votes have even been cast. This means that if no application is submitted before Friday then Rangers will not be allowed to play in Division 1 or Division 3. That means that with the SPL now pretty much out of contention and then no application made to join another league then they will be without competitive league football. If the SFA reject the newco's registration then they can't play any football at all, even friendlies. That means that there would be little to no income for Rangers with wages and other overheads to pay thus putting the newco into administration if Green and co don't provide the funds themselves.

Them going into admin would then mean that Ibrox, Murray park, and the trademark rights would then be put up for sale again as they are the only assets the newco owns.

They're an utter shambles. I'm starting to think they would be better off just totally finishing and starting again non-league until they sort themselves out. Anyway, currently to get into the SFL you need to have three years of accounts to show. Another option is to murder another club.

I'm pretty sure the SFL would waiver that for Rangers, probably shouldn't do but I'm pretty sure they would.

So we'd end up with a newnewco? Or maybe a we'vegotsomecashthistimehonestco?

I would very much doubt it. If it goes into admin then I'm pretty sure this time the likes of Ibrox and Murray park would be bought by developers and the trademark rights would probably be bought from a fans group in order to sell t-shirts etc or maybe even a games developer so they can be a playable team on FM or FIFA.

Ibrox and Murray park

Parts of Ibrox are listed, so it would be a very expensive (and arguably very unpopular) conversion. Someone would buy the stadium to lease to whatever footballing entity eventually takes on the rangers mantle.

Ibrox and Murray park

Parts of Ibrox are listed, so it would be a very expensive (and arguably very unpopular) conversion. Someone would buy the stadium to lease to whatever footballing entity eventually takes on the rangers mantle.

Only really one stand. It could easily be converted into retail units, restaurants, apartments, small offices. It's only really the brick facade and the stairwells that are listed, the rest including the terracing isn't part of the listing. The rest of Ibrox can also be pulled down. Yes it maybe costly but that part of Glasgow is set to be regretted and such a scheme would kick starts and freeholds for reasonable sized units or apartments could easily fetch £250,000 each.

Ibrox and Murray park

Same as Highbury. Properties there are now worth a fortune.

I'm not an expert on the Ibrox area, but I'm going to wager that it's not quite as desirable a location as Highbury.

Also, Arsenal had a new ground, this would be seen as wiping the old club out of existence and therefore subject to animosity from Rangers fans. In fact, you'd likely alienate a large chunk of your local market, whereas with Arsenal the opposite was true.