Players leaving in the Summer

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Steve Harper's contract ends in June 2013. He isn't getting games any more and he has had knee problems which have required surgery this season. By the fact he asked to go out on loan you'd assume he'd want to leave to get games elsewhere. Would he want to stay and move into coaching?

Danny Guthrie's contract ends in June 2012. NUFC probably want to keep him as a squad player. He probably wants to go somewhere else where he would get more regular starts.

Peter Lovenkrands' contract ends in June 2012. He hasn't played many games this season and his season is now over due to a bad thigh injury. It's highly unlikely that NUFC would want to keep him and he probably wants to leave to get game time.

Alan Smith's contract ends in June 2012. NUFC are counting down the days to the end of his contract.

Leon Best's contract ends in June 2013. Rumours NUFC were willing to sell him in January. I would think NUFC would sell him if they get an acceptable offer.

James Perch's contract ends in June 2014. I imagine NUFC would sell if they get an acceptable offer. He wants more game time so he would probably be happy to leave.

Nile Ranger's contract ends in June 2016. NUFC would be happy to sell him.

Xisco's contract ends in June 2013.  NUFC would be happy to sell him/give him away to get his wages off the books. NUFC will probably be stuck with loaning him out for the last year of his contract.

Fraser Forster's contract ends in June 2014. Apparently part of his loan deal to Celtic includes a £2m option to buy him. The move depends on Forster accepting terms with Celtic.

Danny Simpson's contract ends in June 2013. He has been offered a new contract but hasn't signed it. NUFC would sell him rather than lose him on a free transfer.

Rob Elliot's contract ends in June 2016. NUFC don't seem convinced by him.

Also, a large number of the youth team has been told to find a new club as they aren't being offered new contracts. Even without selling any of our first team players it would seem that it will be a busy Summer for player transfers.

Player contract end dates listed here: -

http://www.nufc.com/2011-12html/squad.html

Not convinced Tiote will go unless someone pays £20m at least, and I think the only clubs who could afford that could sign better for cheaper. Going nowhere imo.

I think similar. In no doubt that the club would accept an offer but Liverpool have Lucas, Arsenal don't spend, Chelsea's new manager will want better, Spurs don't need him, Man City can buy anybody in the world, which only leaves Man United.

I think Ben Arfa, Ba, Simpson, Best, Guthrie and crap (Smith, Xisco, Harper, Ranger, Loven) will go.

Guest palnese

I'm liking Kaizero's signature O0

The whole video is a Godsend.

Link please :lol:

Fuck knows. It got posted somewhere on here ages ago. :lol:

:snod:

Share the goods, man :lol:

Regarding the actual thread btw, of the players mentioned in the OP, I would like the following to stay:

Harper - sentimental reasons more than anything, I do think he's still competent for a number 2 but would understand if he decided to leave; wouldn't mind him as a goalkeeping coach actually.

Guthrie - fantastic squad player, can easily slot into CM when necessary but again would understand if he wanted to leave.

Perch - Can be useful at times and we do need a squad so would like him to stay.

Simpson - Okay, we do need a new RB/LB in the summer but I really think Simpson would be competent backup (despite his flaws). Whether or not he would accept a bit-part role is another matter.

Best - Again, another great option for backup imho. His goal record this season hasn't been that spectacular but he does give his all and certainly has some strengths which can be beneficial to us (holdup play, decent body strength and all that).

Elliot - Well, as unconvincing he may seem to be to some (myself included), he is the only backup keeper we've got (bar Harper). The new young'uns we've got in the reserves are definitely not ready yet. Also Forster is definitely off to Celtic imo. Having said that, if we manage to find a better backup keeper, then won't be too bothered if Elliot is let go.

Regarding the actual thread btw, of the players mentioned in the OP, I would like the following to stay:

Harper - sentimental reasons more than anything, I do think he's still competent for a number 2 but would understand if he decided to leave; wouldn't mind him as a goalkeeping coach actually.

Why would you spend 15 seasons (or whatever it is) sitting on the bench and then leave to get games just before you're retiring?