Titus wants to stay

Skirge

If we had Bridge & Young in defense alongside Bramble & Taylor, 65% of Bramble's problems would never happen.

Its 50-50 with this guy for me, i think we should sign him up for another 2 seasons, simply because with two decent fullbacks he'd improve loads, and he still attracts interest off other clubs, so he'd still be possible to sell, only for more money.

Does he?

Ipswich a division lower have said they'd take him but I'm totally unaware of anyone else showing their hand.

Man City.

Maybe we can swap him for Distin plus cash.

:thup:

First I've heard and frankly wouldn't believe it. Where did you hear/read that?

If we had Bridge & Young in defense alongside Bramble & Taylor, 65% of Bramble's problems would never happen.

Its 50-50 with this guy for me, i think we should sign him up for another 2 seasons, simply because with two decent fullbacks he'd improve loads, and he still attracts interest off other clubs, so he'd still be possible to sell, only for more money.

Does he?

Ipswich a division lower have said they'd take him but I'm totally unaware of anyone else showing their hand.

Man City.

Maybe we can swap him for Distin plus cash.

:thup:

First I've heard and frankly wouldn't believe it. Where did you hear/read that?

SSN's (might of just been the WWW though)

We got £2m for O'Brien, get Titus signed up, and we'd get more than the £500k in the window people are talking about.

Quick search: http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=310236

There is no conceivable way that Manchester City nor any other established premiership club would be remotely interested in Titus Bramble. Not only is he shite (Recent run of games without fucking up not withstanding), but no manager would be willing to risk the ire of his own support by signing a player who is known nationwide as a laughing stock. How many supporters would be willing to give Bramble a chance? I'm positive that 99% of fans of 99% of clubs would be against him from the start, they would get on his back right from the off, he'd get no confidence and would fail miserably, and the manager would take the heat. Bramble will either sign a new contract or walk on a bosman to Ipswich or some other desperate fools.

Re: That link, there was a story in one of the papers that he was at the game to watch Nicky Butt. I don't believe either story. I refuse to accept there is any grain of truth in stories linking us with shite. bluebiggrin.gif

He is proberbly the worst central defender in the Premiership who gets a regular game. I believe if he was foreign he would have been sold long ago. It's time we got rid. The whole defence is a problem, but for me, Taylor is the only defender we should be looking to keep long term.

i stopped reading after "remains a popular among supporters..."

hehe, I went a little further, and stopped reading after "I've grown up at this club, both as a footballer"

:lol:

as i haven't read the article i suppose that it contains him admitting that the only reason he wants to stay, is the fact that he'll never find another employer that'll give him a regular game  tongue.gif

If we renew Bramble's contract, then we're an absolute joke of a club that is moving backwards, with no fucking ambition at all.

He's not good enough.

He never has been good enough and he never will.

I'm sick to the hind teeth of people living on the lie that Titus is going to be a good player. No, i'm sorry - if that was the case then we would have seen him prove that by now. Yes, he's young, but he's 24 and he's been playing professional football for seven years, and to have developed a reputation that is this bad by this stage, does nothing for me to suggest that one day...

He's been at the club for over four years, and season after season, he's been absolutely shit. He has performed hurrendously so far this season, after a promising second half to last term. And i don't think he's been that good in the last two or three games, where people have raved about him. The cock-ups and lack of concentration still stands out like a lightning bolt.

He isn't good enough for this club. If we wanted to move forward, he would have gone two years ago, we kept him - and brought in more shit, and just went backwards. If we've got any hope of reaching the Top 6, we need to get rid, and soon.

If we had Bridge & Young in defense alongside Bramble & Taylor, 65% of Bramble's problems would never happen.Its 50-50 with this guy for me, i think we should sign him up for another 2 seasons, simply because with two decent fullbacks he'd improve loads, and he still attracts interest off other clubs, so he'd still be possible to sell, only for more money.

I wouldn`t try and get too technical about football with most on here, they have stadium and armchair level of football knowledge.  I have tried to explain before that its alot to do with the fullbacks and the rest of the team. No attacking threat or pace up front also causes a great deal of pressure on the defence.

I think if you put any defender who is below International selection standard in our team they will end up looking a cunt, i`m pretty sure we won`t be getting one of those in a hurry, yet people are saying sell and replace like its as easy as a computer game.  Titus will probably never be up there with the likes of Terry and co especially with his blunders but we need him for a few years until we prove ourselves to be any good again. Even our so called best defender Taylor has been exposed this season and made some pretty dumb decisions this season and last.

Just why do some people insist on calling some players by their Christian names?  Fair enough if it's for the purposes of a pun or something but, otherwise, why do it?

I knew him before he played football. I`m sure you don`t call your mates by their last name.

Just why do some people insist on calling some players by their Christian names? Fair enough if it's for the purposes of a pun or something but, otherwise, why do it?

Because there isn't another player in the league called Titus, so it works just as well as saying 'Bramble'.

Plus, if you were to be writing an article or something, you would refer to them as their Christian name once or twice, in order to avoid repetition. If you said Bramble in every other sentence, it just wouldn't sound good.

Does that answer your question?

Just why do some people insist on calling some players by their Christian names? Fair enough if it's for the purposes of a pun or something but, otherwise, why do it?

Because there isn't another player in the league called Titus, so it works just as well as saying 'Bramble'.

Plus, if you were to be writing an article or something, you would refer to them as their Christian name once or twice, in order to avoid repetition. If you said Bramble in every other sentence, it just wouldn't sound good.

Does that answer your question?

You have convinced me.  It is unavoidable.  Do broadsheet newspapers adopt this technique?

I don't have any huge problem with it, though it does strike me as odd.

Just why do some people insist on calling some players by their Christian names?  Fair enough if it's for the purposes of a pun or something but, otherwise, why do it?

I knew him before he played football. I`m sure you don`t call your mates by their last name.

Depends on the context tbh.

Depends on the context tbh.

True I suppose if they have no brothers of a similar age no one would get confused by using the family name.

I see you mean the newspaper though. With the main newspapers they use the surname because they probably have never met the players but most local jornalists would have met the player.

He'll get a new one IMO.

He's playing well at the moment, but we all know Bramble well enough to know that another fucking horrendous display is only round the corner. Instead of turning the corner, he just goes round in circles.

Guest TampaToon

at 24 i do think his best days are yet to come....he hasn't done anything to prove he deserves a bigtime contract, but we'd do well to keep him on if a fair wage can be established.

everyone assumes we'll just pluck a better defender out of the sky, but nobody's been good enough to consistently take his job in the years he's been here. i say keep him on, and expect somebody on the squad or somebody we sign in the near future will relegate him to the bench with their quality play.

we need quality depth and competition for places, bramble provides both, and if our manager & chairman do their job he'll either continue to get better or be watching a better centre half from the bench

i know there's plenty to criticize, but the truth is last year would have been even uglier had bramble not been here.

Shit again.

NOT a first team player for NUFC.

Apart from the dodgy pass I thought he did quite well tonight tbh.

If he is on squad player wages I think he should be kept on as that, we arent Chelsea or ManU so unless we get taken over and have money dropping out of our arse every time we have a shit we cant really afford to let people leave on free's!

Just because Taylor has 1 or 2 good blocks does not mean that he plays well. Bramble has more timely interventions, including a few that saves Taylor's arse. Bramble's contributions are less spectacular, and his mistakes more glaring, but his positionings, readings of the game are better than Taylor's last night.