Europa League or not?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was interested to put this 'Europe is hurting us' theory to the test and just see how some past winners had fared domestically. Obviously this isnt an exact Science and it doesnt really prove anything but was a worth a look.

11/12-  A. Madrid Winners, Finished 5th in Domestic

10/11 - Porto Winners, 1st Domestic

09/10 - Athletico Winners, 9th Domestic

08/09 - Shakhtar Winners, 2nd Domestic

07/08 - Zenit Winners, 5th Domestic

06/07 - Seville, 5th Domestic

Ive noticed whenever a manager gives a team an excuse for piss poor performances in the decades past, the players respond immediately and play dismally. The most famous is Liverpool at their height on artificial pitches. Getting beat all the time until Dalglish said "NOT an excuse any more do it or you're out" and they never lost on an artificial pitch again.

Pardew gave them an excuse before a bloody ball was kicked this season. And the teams performances have - at best - been dismal. Time for Pardew to say "NOT an excuse any more" too

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Far too many games for a Club with our squad size. It would almost certainly have a negative effect on where we finish in the Premiership so you can deduct £800k for every position we will undoubtedly drop.

Probably a season too soon in my opinion. Although I'd likely enjoy a few away trips!

I'll stick!

Time to bump and reasses.

A fucking disaster of a season. NUFC where in no way shape or for ready for the workload they undertook. And, yet again I was correct in my thought that Europe would be an expensive mistake. Too many games. Small squad. An idiot of a manager. A tight cunt of an owner all contributed to turning this into a joke of a season.