FAO Foreign Members

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

This is mainly for the foreign members, but anyone else with a genuine interest can get involved too.

I've been in touch with the Arts Council about a short film about football fans that's being made. The only details I know at this point is that it'll be a football A-Z, but I think it'll be fairly in depth.

Anyone who is in Newcastle, or wants to travel here to film can do so, but if you're overseas and have access to a camera (a webcam will do, but obviously use the best quality you have) you can do that too.

I was going to send PMs to people, but really it should be open to a wider audience, so off the top of my head, Mike, Kaizero, Nobody, Baba, VI, Oldtype, Mimi, BenArfa, Aussiemag (don't know if you're an actual Aussie like!) et al send me a PM just to let me know that you're interested and we'll go from there.

If you have any questions, stick them in here so everyone can see. Over and out.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course!

Anyone who wants to do it, here's a breakdown of what to do. Again this is not limited to the foreign lads, they're just purely looking for a broad range of accents.

The deadline for this is the end of next week, so all those saying they would do it when they're in Newcastle, I apologise.

It's an a to z, so when you film yourself you have to clearly say 'A is for....' and then your choice. Be as creative as you like, but try to keep it to as few words as possible and go through the alphabet at your own pace.

All films must be shot in 1920x1080i, or progressive if necessary. Films must be in stereo and, although the format isn't essential, HD using a DSLR is preferred.

Once you're done, let me know and we'll sort out a dropbox link.

Sorry if it's a bit of a faff, I wasn't told the tech side of things until now.

So, just explain what football means to you using words starting with a-z?

"A for agony, B for brutal et etc"?

i have SLR camera which records HD video, and from Norway, so might be able to do something next week granted that it isn´t too much hassle, and that I don´t end up as an internet meme.

Guest firetotheworks

Anything you like, yeah. So A is for Anguish, Arsenal, Attack, Anfield, Anelka. Whatever you like.

A is for Ameobi's hat collection

B is for Beeewwwwww

C is for Classy neighbours

D is for Demba's strawberry syrup

E is for European football

F is for FTM

G is for Giggs

H is for Hatem getting hauled off

etc.

A is for Ameobi's hat collection

B is for Beeewwwwww

C is for Classy neighbours

D is for Demba's strawberry syrup

E is for European football

F is for FTM

G is for Giggs

H is for Hatem getting hauled off

etc.

Catts for me like.

Guest Sophie S

If you're still looking for a German accent I could do an A-Z list. I'm not sure if any of the people you've listed are from Germany already, so let me know if that would come in handy.

I don't think I've got a good quality camera, but I'm in Newcastle every weekend we've got a home match, so we should be able to sort something out.

If you're still looking for a German accent I could do an A-Z list. I'm not sure if any of the people you've listed are from Germany already, so let me know if that would come in handy.

I don't think I've got a good quality camera, but I'm in Newcastle every weekend we've got a home match, so we should be able to sort something out.

Aye, I've got a bangin' Dutch accent if you still need someone from that neck of the woods.

A is for Arseherls jumpin' the queue at half time or to pick up tickets

B is for being there (seeing it and then recounting later...)

C is for chants

D is for diving, disgust at the same time

E is for extra time in a final

F is for FU** Off Man! when open goals or pens are missed, bad ref decisions made

G GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!

H is for "Howay the Lads"

I is for "into him"

J is for jostling your way to your seat eager not to miss the start

K is for Killing them off with the 3rd goal

L is for a loss

M is for MAN U, Taggart and his red whisky nose

N UFC

O is offside, by a mile aswell!

P is for Geordie Boys takin' the ****

Q is for quickly taken free kick

R is for the Ronnie Gill

S ick as a pig when we get beat, and completely not expecting it

T is for a good hard tackle and winning the ball

U is the start of any line of abuse to the ref; you **** **** *******!

V itriol that is slewn towards some players for not be as good as we would like them to be

W an*ers, in their majority Liverpool supporters, but others to be selected at own will too

X marks the spot on the pools

Y did he do that...exasperation at stupid play in or near to our own box...

Z Clearance into row Z

I live i n Spain and can mimick a good Spanish accent if that's any good????

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/internet-memes-schmetterlinggggg1.jpg

:love: :love:

Guest Sophie S

I might not be getting this, but all it really shows is how foreigners (non-German speakers) put on a horrible voice and start screaming when pretending to speak German. Is that the joke?  ??? Because otherwise "Schmetterling" is an especially bad example, as it does actually sound very similar to the English "butterfly" in terms of the emphasis on the syllables and the general flow of the word/harshness.

Guest mimifrench

Think he's just making fun of German way of speaking. :lol:

Pretty unsure about having understood all this thread and what it is exactly about but why would you want to hear Foreign members' accent?? :undecided: