The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Guest neesy111

Seems like there has been some right amateur dramatics in here, like  :lol:

Didn't want Chelsea to win tonight, but we'll get CL football if we deserve it. Settle down.

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Every year since 2002, if you finish 4th you've deserved Champions League football. If we finish 4th and don't get in then we've not got what we deserved. :lol:

Well Chelsea won't win it for a start.

If they do, and we finish 4th, they deserve it. Those are the rules. I'll be as disappointed as everyone else, but won't be crying.

So why did Liverpool deserve to get away with it.......

Didn't want Chelsea to win tonight, but we'll get CL football if we deserve it. Settle down.

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Because it assumes that how deserving we are is somehow dependent on how another team does in a competition we didn't even take part in. Doesn't make sense.

If we finish 4th, we deserve to get the rewards that it is generally established that gets you at the end of the season. It's not like 5th, 6th, 7th, whereby the latter two places only open up under certain circumstances, this is a place that only closes under very specific circumstances which we have no control over (unlike the FA Cup, League Cup).

Guest neesy111

I'd be absolutely fucking gutted if we finished 4th and didn't get in the Champions League, would be a massive blow.  We would deserve it, in usual circumstances.

Also to think Liverpool/Everton were allo we'd to get the rules blended for them.  Fucking scousers.

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Every year since 2002, if you finish 4th you've deserved Champions League football. If we finish 4th and don't get in then we've not got what we deserved. :lol:

Well Chelsea won't win it for a start.

If they do, and we finish 4th, they deserve it. Those are the rules. I'll be as disappointed as everyone else, but won't be crying.

So why did Liverpool deserve to get away with it.......

Divin't kna, mate. Ask UEFA. Hopefully we'd get the same treatment........  :cheesy:

Perhaps I ain't as angry as I still don't think we'll finish 4th, like.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I will lose a lot of faith in football if Chelsea play like that again in the final and win.

Liverpool's 2005 win was/still will be the luckiest win in human history.

Not really. That win was down to Ac Milan thinking they had the game in the bag at HT which lead to complacency a poor performance second half, if you don't believe me compare their first and second half performances in the match. Liverpool were pretty much the opposite and upped their game, when they could easily have come out with their heads dropped, and gave it a right go, as much as I hated to see that.

There was one year where Real Madrid won the Champions League and failed to get in the league placings, and the Spanish FA gave it to them rather than Real Zaragoza/Sociedad or someone like that who finished 4th.

FYI the rules were changed after the Liverpool and Everton fiasco to stop it happening again....

Personally i would prefer they left it as it were and just have 5 PL teams.

Never...:lol:

Guest neesy111

I will lose a lot of faith in football if Chelsea play like that again in the final and win.

Not really. That win was down to Ac Milan thinking they had the game in the bag at HT which lead to complacency a poor performance second half, if you don't believe me compare their first and second half performances in the match. Liverpool were pretty much the opposite and upped their game, when they could easily have come out with their heads dropped, and gave it a right go, as much as I hated to see that.

Their whole run had ridiculous amounts of luck.

FYI the rules were changed after the Liverpool and Everton fiasco to stop it happening again....

Personally i would prefer they left it as it were and just have 5 PL teams.

Never...:lol:

I say that even if we were not in contention lol, if a team finishes 4th i believe he has earned the right to play in the CL.

Obviously the result didn't go our way, but that was a remarkable match. I'll get over Chelsea winning (unless they win in the final and we miss out) for the sake of football. Matches like that are one of the main reasons we all watch football.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Their whole run had ridiculous amounts of luck.

ok they got lucky then in other matches, especially that final group game, but not the final.

It is a farce the way it is at the moment like, the Champions should get their own slot that doesn't affect anyone else in their country and if they've already qualified then it should go to the next team in their country - English teams doing well in Europe is supposed to give other English teams a chance, not take it away. It goes totally against the way the coefficient system is designed to work.

In countries who only have one slot (for the Champions), it could potentially mean they wouldn't qualify if by some miracle the team finishing second wins the CL. Retarded.

I'd be absolutely f***ing gutted if we finished 4th and didn't get in the Champions League, would be a massive blow.  We would deserve it, in usual circumstances.

Also to think Liverpool/Everton were allo we'd to get the rules blended for them.  f***ing scousers.

:lol:

I'd be absolutely f***ing gutted if we finished 4th and didn't get in the Champions League, would be a massive blow.  We would deserve it, in usual circumstances.

Also to think Liverpool/Everton were allo we'd to get the rules blended for them.  f***ing scousers.

"allo we'd"

:spit:

I'm guessing whoever's 4th in Italy will be egging Chelsea on anyway? I'd imagine if Chelsea do win it then they'll get a 4th slot?

Guest neesy111

"allo we'd"

:spit:

:okay:

Stupid iPad autocorrect.

Guest neesy111

I'm guessing whoever's 4th in Italy will be egging Chelsea on anyway? I'd imagine if Chelsea do win it then they'll get a 4th slot?

Nah, goes to a low coefficient country.

It is a farce the way it is at the moment like, the Champions should get their own slot that doesn't affect anyone else in their country and if they've already qualified then it should go to the next team in their country - English teams doing well in Europe is supposed to give other English teams a chance, not take it away. It goes totally against the way the coefficient system is designed to work.

In countries who only have one slot (for the Champions), it could potentially mean they wouldn't qualify if by some miracle the team finishing second wins the CL. Retarded.

Agree with that. They'll justify it by saying the chances of a winner not qualifying through their league are extremely slim.

None of this will matter, anyway. Jose will do the business.