The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

It baffles me to hear Chelsea's performance tonight being describe as "the best english performance ever in europe". All Chelsea done was stick 10 men behind the ball and hoof, hoof, hoof, and make use of the ugly side of the game to deal with clearly more gifted players, John Terry's knee summing that up. Peter Cech and Ashley Cole were top class but other than that, no, just no. A chelsea mate argued that the reason for the ten behind teh ball was due to the sending off, bullsh*t, simply bullsh*t, look back at the match last week and they done the exact same thing with 11 men. I'm sorry but football lost tonight. Rant over!

THE BEST ENGLISH PERFORMANCE EVER IN EUROPE?

:spit:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/mar2012/3/5/the-magpies-have-enjoyed-many-exciting-european-nights-including-famous-clashes-with-barcelona-one-of-which-featured-a-certain-tino-asprilla-bagging-a-249549877.jpg

Seems like there has been some right amateur dramatics in here, like  :lol:

Didn't want Chelsea to win tonight, but we'll get CL football if we deserve it. Settle down.

Bizarre logic.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I will lose a lot of faith in football if Chelsea play like that again in the final and win.

Guest neesy111

I will lose a lot of faith in football if Chelsea play like that again in the final and win.

Liverpool's 2005 win was/still will be the luckiest win in human history.

Didn't want Chelsea to win tonight, but we'll get CL football if we deserve it. Settle down.

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Every year since 2002, if you finish 4th you've deserved Champions League football. If we finish 4th and don't get in then we've not got what we deserved. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Every year since 2002, if you finish 4th you've deserved Champions League football. If we finish 4th and don't get in then we've not got what we deserved. :lol:

:thup:

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

:lol: Because you're ignoring all of the important factors.  Achieving 4th would be difficult but finishing 3rd would be a damn sight harder.  4th usually gets you in the Champions League.  This result makes it a great deal more likely that 4th would not get us in the Champions League.

Bizarre logic.

Why's that?

Well Chelsea won't win it for a start.

If they do, and we finish 4th, they deserve it. Those are the rules. I'll be as disappointed as everyone else, but won't be crying.