Robin van Persie and Kyle Walker win 2011/12 PFA Awards

Ash

Votes are cast in January iirc

Yeah that's what i thought, you might as well not have the thing or call it PFA player/team of the mid-season if so.. how hard is it to do it later in the season instead of coming up with something as ridiculous as this.

Glad Colo got some sort of recognition though.

Yeah that's what i thought, you might as well not have the thing or call it PFA player/team of the mid-season if so.. how hard is it to do it later in the season instead of coming up with something as ridiculous as this.

Tbf they do call it 'of the year', at least they don't package it as for the season. But I agree, it is stupid having it purposely set to vote for calendar years. How hard is it to bump up the voting procedure to 5 months later?

Tbf they do call it 'of the year', at least they don't package it as for the season. But I agree, it is stupid having it purposely set to vote for calendar years. How hard is it to bump up the voting procedure to 5 months later?

I know it's called "Player of the year" but I thought it was supposedly based on the season?

Does the manager of the year get announced tonight as well or is that at end of the season?

PFA =/= LMA

I take that as PFA tonight LMA end of season?

I don't know when it is mate. They're different organisations, that's all.

Does the manager of the year get announced tonight as well or is that at end of the season?

Ah ok cheers

PFA =/= LMA

I take that as PFA tonight LMA end of season?

I don't know when it is mate. They're different organisations, that's all.

Sports writers awards (even though they talk shite) are probably a more accurate reflection on a season, rather than PFA awards.

http://www.footballwriters.co.uk/news/parker-named-footballer-of-the-year/

I said probably...still very southern centric mind.

Can't deny Parker was outstanding last season, but only so much so as the team around him were honkingly shite (Ba excluded).