NUFC Kits

Espio

Guest Roger Kint

f*** OFF WITH SPORTS DIRECT!!! It's slowly making it's way to our strips. It's only a matter of time before that scummy logo is plastered all over our shirts.

No it isnt

How do you know? First it was only a small sign on the Gallowgate, which nobody thought that much of. Now the whole stadium is covered in them no matter where you look- even the dugout seats- and the stadium is even renamed after it. The signs are all around the training ground pitches, too. Now there on our training kit. Who's to say our strips wont have two 'sponsors' on them like the training shirt? It's going to happen imo.

But that aside, I thought last seasons (just gone) training gear was better than that one on show.

But, you're not allowed two sponsors on the official kits, are you? :dontknow:

No.

Guest bimpy474

Home, away and third shirts can all have different sponsors but only one per shirt, as the rules stand now i think.

Guest Roger Kint

Home, away and third shirts can all have different sponsors but only one per shirt, as the rules stand now i think.

Really? I though Spurs tried it and failed last season, unless i missed them actually do it somehow. Its subject to PL approval and Virgin Money wouldnt let us anyway so its a pointless complaint.

Really? I though Spurs tried it and failed last season, unless i missed them actually do it somehow. Its subject to PL approval and Virgin Money wouldnt let us anyway so its a pointless complaint.

Wouldn't be too bad an idea in future though, if done properly. As long as it's not SD on it for free. Would 2 or 3 separate sponsorships pull in as much money as one across all shirts? Obviously the third/'European' would be dependant on how far we actually got in Cup competitions so when I think about it, probably not. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I think i remember a team with different sponsors in League two last season, but like you say maybe its up to each league to allow it, maybe the Premier League dont and the Football League do.

Guest bimpy474

Found it, Bristol Rovers for this season coming have different sponsors for home and away shirts.

At least the Football League allow it.

Guest Roger Kint

I remember there was talk of Spurs having a different shirt sponsor for Champions League games

Yeah thats the one i was thinking of, think they were going to auction off all three strips at the time.

Guest Roger Kint

Found it, Bristol Rovers for this season coming have different sponsors for home and away shirts.

At least the Football League allow it.

Can of worms there potentially. Still wont happen with us though.

f*** OFF WITH SPORTS DIRECT!!! It's slowly making it's way to our strips. It's only a matter of time before that scummy logo is plastered all over our shirts.

No it isnt

How do you know? First it was only a small sign on the Gallowgate, which nobody thought that much of. Now the whole stadium is covered in them no matter where you look- even the dugout seats- and the stadium is even renamed after it. The signs are all around the training ground pitches, too. Now there on our training kit. Who's to say our strips wont have two 'sponsors' on them like the training shirt? It's going to happen imo.

But that aside, I thought last seasons (just gone) training gear was better than that one on show.

No.

Apologies, I didn't realise that rule applied in the Premier League. But nonetheless, my point still stands, I'm (regretfully) confident that SD logos will end up on our shirts. It sounds absurd, but so did the thought of St. James' Park now being called what it is. It pisses me off no end this pathetic SD business.

I remember there was talk of Spurs having a different shirt sponsor for Champions League games

Yeah thats the one i was thinking of, think they were going to auction off all three strips at the time.

Spurs sold off one for the Premiership and one for cup competitions. UEFA don't allow sponsors on the shirts if they aren't on domestic shirts.

No it isnt

No.

Apologies, I didn't realise that rule applied in the Premier League. But nonetheless, my point still stands, I'm (regretfully) confident that SD logos will end up on our shirts. It sounds absurd, but so did the thought of St. James' Park now being called what it is. It pisses me off no end this pathetic SD business.

Will it really?, since Ashley has came to the club he has sold two lots of shirt sponsorship rights, the last lot being sold at the start of this year for the upcoming season and the season after. If he was so adamant that Sports direct were going on the shirts then surely he would have done it by now?

The football league allow a secondary sponsorship on the back of the shirts or on the shorts. It's not allowed on Premiership shirt though because the Premiership doesn't want shirts looking like those form South American teams where the shirts are plastered in sponsors and because they can argue with the additional revenue from the Premiership you don't need additional shirt sponsors and you can ask for a bigger price from your main sponsor.

Just imagine how fantastic it would be for him though; the stadium is re-named after his company with SD signs spunked on every corner of the stadium, and it's our main shirt sponsor! It could take a while since we've just signed that deal with Virgin, but considering the new TV deal with Sky he can afford to do that.

Don't be at all surprised to see our players in post match interviews with the SD logo on their tracksuits.

Guest Roger Kint

No it isnt

No.

It still wont happen.

So I put a tiny bit more effort in and had a look around at similar puma shirts to get an idea what it might look like.

Would people be happy if our kits looked something like these next season?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/830/kitsgy.jpg

Guest Rob 1988

So I put a tiny bit more effort in and had a look around at similar puma shirts to get an idea what it might look like.

Would people be happy if our kits looked something like these next season?

you got some editing skills mate O0 would love to see the alternate white shorts and socks if you have the time.

Can you do it with white shorts? Always thought that looks better

give me a minute. Didn't think to do it at first because of the mainly white shirt. 

edit. Can't be bothered  now sorry :lol: I'll have a go 2moz