Curtis Good

aussiemag

Lots of good press about the lad, which is promising but this is the Australian league not the premier league, if we are interested he should be standing out. I also noticed all the people writing glowing reports and comparing him to Jaap Stam are randoms from Australia.

That said they have watched him more than anyone else, albeit in an environment he should stick out and look good in, we have also seen him up close for ten days in training which is more than we can get with most other signings. If we are getting him there is obviously talent there.

If he was an attacking player, then for sure you would want him standing out. CB is a bit different in that respect, in that flying completely under the radar is often the sign of a good CB because they are doing their job with little fuss/mistakes. The A-league has had a horrible record of players being exported to Europe - not any you would class as a success just yet, though having two young players on the books of Dortmund isn't too bad  O0

I'll grant you that most of the Aussies on here give completely wacko over-the-top descriptions of Australian footballers on here. I refuse to be put in that category and my post record will attest to that.

It will be interesting to see what kind of player he will develop into.

Oi! "Most Australians on here" are quite circumspect actually - there's a certain measure of parochialism but nothing too over the top. I think we're all excited that Good has signed but if you took a survey of Aussie fans I'd put money on the majority saying he's more likely to be Kadar than STaylor...

• 2 weeks later...

Coach John Aloisi said Good’s planned move provided evidence of the strength of the development pathway present at Heart.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for Curtis. Newcastle United is one of the biggest clubs in the United Kingdom, and we are absolutely delighted he has the opportunity to test his wares on such a stage,” Aloisi said.

“While Curtis will certainly be missed, his proposed transfer is a great affirmation of our youth policy, and a demonstration of the Club’s ability to assist in developing players to such an extent that they’re able to move to one of Europe’s leading competitions.

“We wish Curtis well and hope he will one day return to don the red and white stripes of our club.”

Nice that Aloisi delivered such a glowing quote, their fans on that forum seemed to rate him too so hopefully we've got ourselves a good prospect.  Perhaps we'll even get to see him during pre-season.

Not too get carried away here. But this feels really really Good! Just by looking at the pictures of him I´m definitely sure that he will be an integral member of this team many years to come.

Damn Curtis. You will be damn Good.

Won´t you?!

O0