Curtis Good

aussiemag

Guest BooBoo

Colo, Taylor, Williamson, Good and Perch.

I'd be happier with another more experienced centre back in there, but it's not a bad pool of players.

Colo, Taylor, Williamson, Good and Perch.

I'd be happier with another more experienced centre back in there, but it's not a bad pool of players.

aye and realistically they won't get more than that, 3 experienced proper cbs 1 young un as 4th choice and someone who can play there in an emergency is pretty standard stuff.

I don't want to knock Williamson, because he's done OK every time he's had to fill in (which is much more often than you'd like due to Taylor being so injury prone), and I don't know enough about Good, but those options above wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence for a full season with a possible 15 or so European football matches on top of the usual. We'll be lucky to get 30 matches out of Taylor, Perch is just back-up at CB for me, as is Williamson and Good is apparently someone for the development squad. I would want at least one more experienced centre back capable of challenging Taylor and Colo for a first team spot.

Bit late to the scene on this, but considering I've seen him more so than the average board poster would like to give some comment.

Curtis remarkably stayed under the radar this season. I would consider this a good thing for a CB as he rarely made mistakes and his marking was always pretty spot on. Good height but doesn't look particularly fast adequate on the ball. Not one that i would have picked for a big future but it will be interesting to see what kind of footballer he can develop into.

Doesn't Douglas need to stick around in Holland for a while longer to gain Dutch nationality? Maybe the plan's to stick with what we have until January before going back for him?

I think he just has to stay at Twente until August to gain Dutch nationality. Could be wrong though.

As for our pool of CBs, weren't we planning on trying to give Streete a bit more exposure this season in the way of training with the first team and possibly the odd cup game? Has something happened with him as I've seen people mentioning doing that with Good but no word of Streete, or did I just completely imagine this?

Doesn't Douglas need to stick around in Holland for a while longer to gain Dutch nationality? Maybe the plan's to stick with what we have until January before going back for him?

I think he just has to stay at Twente until August to gain Dutch nationality. Could be wrong though.

As for our pool of CBs, weren't we planning on trying to give Streete a bit more exposure this season in the way of training with the first team and possibly the odd cup game? Has something happened with him as I've seen people mentioning doing that with Good but no word of Streete, or did I just completely imagine this?

He's only got a year left on his contract too, doesn't he? Or am I making that up. If so I wouldn't be surprised to see us bide our time until Jan.

Awesome. Really like this.

Goodness me this has dragged on for a while, just sign the feker (only if he's better than Craig Moore)

Also agrees with this. Hate it when transfers drags on. That´s the beauty with sudden transfers... but then again. You tend to get somewhat frustrated while waiting at them...