Curtis Good

aussiemag

It's Good News For Magpies

Newcastle United have today completed the signing of Australian youngster Curtis Good.

The 19-year-old defender has signed a six-year deal with the Magpies following a successful trial.

Good, a highly-rated centre-back, will join up with his team-mates when they return from their tour to Portugal this week.

The former Melbourne Hearts player has represented his country at under-19 level and has also been tipped for full international honours.

The Club wish to thank Melbourne Heart for its professionalism and cooperation throughout the transfer.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120731/its-good-news-for-magpies_2281670_2866556

Would love to see this bit if Debuchy/Carroll signs. :lol:

It's Good News For Magpies

Newcastle United have today completed the signing of Australian youngster Curtis Good.

The 19-year-old defender has signed a six-year deal with the Magpies following a successful trial.

Good, a highly-rated centre-back, will join up with his team-mates when they return from their tour to Portugal this week.

The former Melbourne Hearts player has represented his country at under-19 level and has also been tipped for full international honours.

The Club wish to thank Melbourne Heart for its professionalism and cooperation throughout the transfer.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120731/its-good-news-for-magpies_2281670_2866556

Would love to see this bit if Debuchy/Carroll signs. :lol:

:lol:

Great news tbh, i'm also shocked by the length of the contract by it shows how much confidence the club has in the lad and hopefully he lives up to that confidence.

Would be great to see Debuchy also come in by the end of the week, Ba clause ending, Debuchy and Good signings would make for one awesome week .  :smug:

Is it really progress when you sell Best and buy Good?

Did you wonder, even for a second, whether this would be the first time someone made that joke?

I did, I then promised myself to never, ever visit this thread again. Goodbye.

We may move for Anita to cover other areas, but I don't see us signing another centre back and relegating this lad to 5th choice, espescially if it's true he is on 10K a week and a 6 year contract.

We may move for Anita to cover other areas, but I don't see us signing another centre back and relegating this lad to 5th choice, espescially if it's true he is on 10K a week and a 6 year contract.

Really? i expected him to be apart of the development squad tbh, didn't expect him to be apart of the main squad or effect transfers for the main squad.

Mind you i thought the same about Bigi and it seems he has a role to play at least.

Where did you hear that?

Saw it on .com but it's quoting a random Australian site so take it with a pinch of salt.

1st team: Colo, S Taylor

Rotation: Mike Williamson

Backups: James Perch, Tavs

Development Squad: Good

Would that make sense if you were to think about it? Willo rotating into the squad in the league, cups, europe etc. Seems like Tavs has really played well and could be next in line after that with Perch there as well who can do a job in the centre and slowly develop Good into the group with the idea that he grows into a role in the squad as hes young and will need time to adapt at this level

I'd still love to have a 1st-team calibre player in there challenging with Saylor if I'm honest.

Development Squad: Good

Would that make sense if you were to think about it? Willo rotating into the squad in the league, cups, europe etc. Seems like Tavs has really played well and could be next in line after that with Perch there as well who can do a job in the centre and slowly develop Good into the group with the idea that he grows into a role in the squad as hes young and will need time to adapt at this level

I'd still love to have a 1st-team calibre player in there challenging with Saylor if I'm honest.

Yip, I'm with you on all of that. Not convinced we'll a CB now actually.

Development Squad: Good,

Don't forget Streete in the development squad.

Agree with you that we need another good CB to challenge Saylor. Not too fond of Perch in that position either.