Curtis Good

aussiemag

I really hope we get Ashley Williams in. Coloccini, Taylor, Williams and Williamson is a very strong looking pool of first team centre-backs; with Tavernier, Good, Perch and even Streete able to cover that.

Williamson's certainly not good enough for 3rd choice if we want to progress.  I like him but am often shitting myself when he plays, he did well to pull himself together after what looked like a crisis of confidence last season but he was a big concern at one point and NUFC just about got away with it.  Want no repeat of us having to rely on him like that again because there are no better options.  He should be playing 10-15 games in all competitions, tops.

Also, in effect he's actually 2nd/3rd choice given Taylor's injury record.

Guest andrew

Still don't think Williamson is good enough to be 3rd choice.

I'd agree with that. Especially if we are going forward with a 4-4-2.

I don't think he's good enough for 3rd choice regardless of formation.

Yea not sure that formation is relevant, I don't know, maybe if we have debuchy his lack of skill on the ball wont be exposed as much as it was when we had simpson and williamson playing right next to eachother

I'd agree with that. Especially if we are going forward with a 4-4-2.

I don't think he's good enough for 3rd choice regardless of formation.

Yea not sure that formation is relevant, I don't know, maybe if we have debuchy his lack of skill on the ball wont be exposed as much as it was when we had simpson and williamson playing right next to eachother

I think it is. As a footballer he is awful, and it's harder for him to play out from the back in a 4-4-2. He just ends up hoofing it most of the time.

I still think he's not good enough regardless, btw.

Six years, yikes. Pardew must have been well impressed with him. Can't remember the last time we signed a trialist, never mind gave him that long a deal.

I would suspect his living arrangements have something to do with it. He's moving to the other end of the globe after all, so he'd probably have wanted some proper assurances that it was worth his time; still a very young lad. But still, the club must be keen.

Six years, yikes. Pardew must have been well impressed with him. Can't remember the last time we signed a trialist, never mind gave him that long a deal.

I would suspect his living arrangements have something to do with it. He's moving to the other end of the globe after all, so he'd probably have wanted some proper assurances that it was worth his time; still a very young lad. But still, the club must be keen.

So it was good that pardew was talking about on that talk sport interview? Remember him raveing about the trialist, saying he's excited by him and he's going to be a special player.

He's not and along with Simpson his lack of ability will hinder the evolution of our game, from long ball to football. Lacking the ability to play football from the back means far too often he just launches it, anywhere.

Towards the end of the season the individual errors had dried up and I think he's a decent enough squad player, but if we wish to press ahead and evolve our game, he has to be 4th choice at best.

Can just imagine the agent's spiel on the sidelines in training now like

Pardew: Pfff, he's good!

Agent: He's Curtis Good *hands pen to Pardew*

:lol:

Totally agree!  He must be something special in the making to offer such a big contract.  I suspect he deal will improve based on appearances etc

Good luck to the lad.

I think Williamson is good enough as a 4th choice squad player, but I'm hoping for a player who will challenge Taylor. Either Good is going to be a revelation or we still need one in. Taylor has a history of injury problems and let's be honest we might have sneaked a Champions League place last season with an extra centre back in. Easy to say with hindsight but we should be learning from that.

Surprised at 6 years but maybe he's a beast. Fingers crossed.

Conspiracy theory time: They know we're not getting another CB in proper so give Good a 6-year deal to make him look like the real deal instead...

Ok I'll get my coat...

It's cos he's a teenager moving to the other side of the planet, and wants assurances that he's gonna get a real chance to make the move work for him. Plus, obviously, we rate him highly. There's nowt more to it than that iyam.

Not sure we would hand over contracts that length just because of the distance. I would imagine he is on Ranger like money anyway which is more than enough to make the decision even just for 3-4 years.

Not sure we would hand over contracts that length just because of the distance. I would imagine he is on Ranger like money anyway which is more than enough to make the decision even just for 3-4 years.

Exactly, daft to suggest otherwise.