Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So proud of the lads today. We were outclassed in the end but not before a good hour or so of going toe to toe with the probable league champions. Kompany was fucking unbelievable, and the fact that a £25m Barcelona midfielder was ultimately the one who made the difference tells you a lot.

Here's a picture from my phone after the game, shows just how many stayed behind to cheer the players and staff for a magnificent season despite finishing with a loss.

http://i.imgur.com/eqrj8.jpg

The atmosphere during and after the match was simply superb. Well done everyone. :clap: :indi:

Great quality, that :lol:

Guest Brendan_Rice

The atmosphere during and after the match was simply superb. Well done everyone. :clap: :indi:

Watched in at a golf club (last time I dio that), was really proud of the noise coming from the crowd.

The most disappointing thing about the match was that some utter c*nt decided to watch the match at th esame place I did. Every takle that went in he was shouting at the ref to send our lads off.

Fair play to city they outclassed us today, the substitutes made a difference, wish we had as much depth in our squad.

Great season.

Don't want to get too critical, but that was a bad goal to concede. Thought so at the time too.

We were out on our feet by that point, and there was a feeling of inevitability every time they came forward after scoring the first. The goal was bad in terms of the individual mistakes, but in context it was perhaps understandable.

Don't want to get too critical, but that was a bad goal to concede. Thought so at the time too.

We were out on our feet by that point, and there was a feeling of inevitability every time they came forward after scoring the first. The goal was bad in terms of the individual mistakes, but in context it was perhaps understandable.

Suppose so. Just felt disappointed that Cabaye let that ball go and that we ended up with 4 v 3 (or whatever it was) with Jonas playing CB.

If we'd just kept it tight, we could have went into added time still pushing for an equaliser. But hey ho, it was a fair result.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Was a little unsure of the thinking behind subbing Ben Arfa.

Anyone want to put me out of my misery and point out the obvious?

Guest Brendan_Rice

Was a little unsure of the thinking behind Ben Arfa being subbed was.

Anyone want to put me out of my misery and point out the obvious?

Going more direct?

You are probably right, I was a little gutted as I wanted him to nutmeg De Jong and leave him on his arse.

Couldn't help but notice the small pocket of City fans staying to applaud our players' lap of honor. What they're doing as a club might not be agreeable but you certainly can't fault their fans for that.

Some nice comments. Then there's this:

I heard the cheering, but like I say, they had plenty of reasons to cheer on their players in a more positive way. It was their last game at home this season and all they could come up with was booing and 'Where were you? When you were shit?'

:facepalm:

What was with all the booing anyway? It probably demoralized their own players hearing incessant booing rather than songs.

:lol:

Some nice comments. Then there's this:

I heard the cheering, but like I say, they had plenty of reasons to cheer on their players in a more positive way. It was their last game at home this season and all they could come up with was booing and 'Where were you? When you were shit?'

:facepalm:

What was with all the booing anyway? It probably demoralized their own players hearing incessant booing rather than songs.

:lol:

Thought the booing and hissing was class. Any human being would find it difficult to preform in that environment.

Although it's probably a complete coincidence, they scored after De Jong came on and we started booing just him as opposed to their entire team :lol:

Although it's probably a complete coincidence, they scored after De Jong came on and we started booing just him as opposed to their entire team :lol:

Funnily enough, I thought it was a tactical masterstroke from Mancini at first :lol: Thought he was going to introduce Milner/Johnson after that.

Have never had much time for Citeh fans, but if they were as generous as some say they were today then fair play. Still a shower of bastards in the main though.

To be fair, I guess I'd be feeling magnanimous too if I'd just (sort of) won the title.

Have never had much time for Citeh fans, but if they were as generous as some say they were today then fair play. Still a shower of bastards in the main though.

To be fair, I guess I'd be feeling magnanimous too if I'd just (sort of) won the title.

Indeed. They used to give us plenty of the 'where were you when you were shit' in years gone by. Some have short memories it would appear.