Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Guest johnson293

I'm disappointed, dejected and proud.

I don't think we could have asked for much more from the players today, but quality prevailed and an outstanding combo of YaYa and Kompany made it impossible for us to get anything from the game.

They're an amazing set of lads and I couldn't be more proud to be an NUFC supporter today though. What a season it's been.

^ This.

What was the lap of honour like?

Mint, hardly anyone left and there was constant applause/singing. Could tell the staff enjoyed it too. Even the Sun came out.

Guest johnson293

What was the lap of honour like?

Was good, seemed that the majority of the crowd stayed back too. However, unlike last season when there was about 10 minutes before they came back out, I think someone was waiting for them in the tunnel with '12th man' T-Shirts that they wore, so there wasn't as much/any real waiting for them to come back, which probably helped stop people drifting away too.

Another thing about the lap of honour, Shola's little lass was fucking loving it. :lol: Was geeing up the crowd by herself by the time they reached the South West corner.

Thought we could have taken them today but it seems them having an extra 2 day break was the difference.

Had it been an equal break it could have been a different story. Still, we are the real winners in my eyes and they have just bought the title with a cheque book. Manc scum

Already had 2 run ins with mancs trying to tell me their winning the league is good for football. This will end messy.

Man Utd winning it through conning refs every other week is hardly good for football either, like.

Just got back in from the pub.

Yes, I am disappointed about today's result but at the end of the day, Man City were the better team so they deserved their win. We might have been a bit tired from Wednesday's epic win against Chelsea, some of the players did look a bit fatigued. But I can't fault the efforts of our players though - they gave it their all and I'm really proud of them.

So, that's another season finished at St. James' Park. We've had our ups and downs there but all in all, it's been a fantastic season at home. The players, Pardew and his staff have so much to be proud of. The amount of progress we've made this last year has been phenomenal. We've truly made St. James' Park into our fortress once again. I'm looking forward to the first game of next season at St. James' already.

And of course, we have the return of European football to Toon to also look forward to. :smug: Now, let's try to get a result at Everton and end the season on a high note.

Yes, I am disappointed about today's result but at the end of the day, Man City were the better team so they deserved their win. We might have been a bit tired from Wednesday's epic win against Chelsea, some of the players did look a bit fatigued. But I can't fault the efforts of our players though - they gave it their all and I'm really proud of them.

So, that's another season finished at St. James' Park. We've had our ups and downs there but all in all, it's been a fantastic season at home. The players, Pardew and his staff have so much to be proud of. The amount of progress we've made this last year has been phenomenal. We've truly made St. James' Park into our fortress once again. I'm looking forward to the first game of next season at St. James' already.

And of course, we have the return of European football to Toon to also look forward to. :smug: Now, let's try to get a result at Everton and end the season on a high note.

Was a good game, we played well, they played better, was just about a fair result, though still very proud of us this season.

Good day out.

Gutted, tbf. Never really thought we'd finish in the top 4 but as they kept pushing on and after Chelsea the more and more I allowed myself to get excited.

Shame today, we didn't go at them like I would have liked but like has already been mentioned, Yaya and Kompany were class. Top effort this season, we've been full of fight and running all season long, massive credit to Pardew for that.

It's still not over yet, though. I reckon we will have the beating of Everton and hopefully Fulham can nick a point against Spurs. One more big fuck off effort!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Meh.

No complaints as such, they were just the better team. We played well and worked ridiculously hard until Toure's first goal.

We've had a remarkable season and all associated with the club deserve massive appreciation. What a season. :clap:

Guest ToonZA

From what I saw our players never gave an inch! We were up against an expensively assembled and outrageously talented team who HAD to win today in their bid for the title. If they all go at full tilt we would not stand a chance, yet we managed to fashion a couple of good chances, controlled the game for periods and played some excellent one-touch penetrative football. If we faced any other team in the league today we would have come out with something to show for our efforts.

The loss hurts alot but I am still so proud of these guys.  Howay the lads.

A side note: fucking Tevez man...

It's strange seeing such a large percentage of the forum so contented after a defeat, but it's a great testament to our season and the direction people feel the club is moving in.

City are by far the most talented group in the league, Aguero Kompany and Toure were a class above Man U and a class above us today. For me Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, tiote and Colo looked like they could compete, while the others showed heart they knew they had to scrap more, but there's no shame against such a pool of cash and ability. Think the tactics were close to right, apart from the subs, we needed the first goal and nearly got it.

Hope they got the ovation they deserved, and are ready to end the season on a high at Goodison.

Especially after the pre-match thread.

Really proud of them all today, just beaten by a better team. The game plan was fine imo and executed well, the only mistake of note was Toure having so much space for his second.

If you watch that moment again, pay attention to Aguero holding back Colo for a second, which translates into Colo arriving just too late to block Yaya's shot. Devil's in the detail

well said,if someone told me at begining of the season,we'd be in europe,it would have been hard to believe,all in all fanastic season well played lads.

Really proud of them all today, just beaten by a better team. The game plan was fine imo and executed well, the only mistake of note was Toure having so much space for his second.

If you watch that moment again, pay attention to Aguero holding back Colo for a second, which translates into Colo arriving just too late to block Yaya's shot. Devil's in the detail

Fair enough, I only saw it once at the match.