Everton v Newcastle United - 13/05/12 @ 3:00pm - Don't bother, it's 4-4-2. FTN

Skirge

7th could still be good enough for a Europa spot and with Fulham breathing down their necks I'd say they've still got something to play for.

How? ???

If Chelsea win the CL, England gets another Europa League spot.

So if Chelsea finish 6th, it'll be:

3rd - CL

4th - Europa League - extra

5th - Europa League - 5th

6th - CL (Chelsea) - Winning CL

7th - Europa League - FA Cup

8th - Europa League (Liverpool) - Carling Cup

or something similar.

Where are you getting this information from about an extra place? If Chelsea win the Champions League, we/Spurs get their FA Cup place. If not, they keep it and we get the league place. 7th doesn't come into it.

Look above ^

Eh? :lol:

It tells you there that the allocation of 3 Europa League places does NOT change.

i.e. 4th becomes Europa but we still get the other 3 EL places surely?

It does not change i.e. regardless of what Chelsea do, England gets 4 CL places and 3 EL places.

As the table stands, if they win, those three go to Spurs/us/Liverpool.

If they lose, then us/Chelsea/Liverpool.

English winners of the UEFA Champions League who do not qualify through their domestic position go forward as Winners to the group stage, with the team finishing fourth dropping to the UEFA Europa League. In this case, the national association of the title-holder is entitled to one additional place in the UEFA Europa League.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

English winners of the UEFA Champions League who do not qualify through their domestic position go forward as Winners to the group stage, with the team finishing fourth dropping to the UEFA Europa League. In this case, the national association of the title-holder is entitled to one additional place in the UEFA Europa League.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

So UEFA and the Premier League are contradicting each other there.

The Premier League here don't mention anything about an extra place: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/european-qualification-permutations.html

it add additional places imo. in case something like these happen (not just this Chelsea situation)... winner of carling & FA was both championship club.. plus winner of UCL is 16th places on EPL table. if 4th & 5th place on EPL doesnt get YEWROP that would be farce.

it add additional places imo. in case something like these happen (not just this Chelsea situation)... winner of carling & FA was both championship club.. plus winner of UCL is 16th places on EPL table. if 4th & 5th place on EPL doesnt get YEWROP that would be farce.

4th would still get Europe in that scenario.

but 5th? need 1 additional place iyam.

You can't just give a EL place based on something that happens in a different competition though, that place has got to come from somewhere.

You can't just give a EL place based on something that happens in a different competition though, that place has got to come from somewhere.

Surely you can if they do it every year though?  There might be a specified extra EL place for the nation that wins the CL, whether that's England, Spain, Germany or wherever.

It does not change i.e. regardless of what Chelsea do, England gets 4 CL places and 3 EL places.

Yes we do get an extra Europa League spot, read paragraph b under paragraph a.

Not like you to be wrong about something.

Section 2.03, paragraph b.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/63/02/44/1630244_DOWNLOAD.pdfEdit, maybe I am wrong.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/63/02/44/1630244_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Why don't you read it out to us?

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/63/02/44/1630244_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Nah, it's ok, I've just read it again.

I am wrong.

Nah, it's ok, I've just read it again.

I am wrong.

I know.  :razz:

Interesting

Still injured apparently but am not convinced.. he is gone and Petch is a much better player, seems Danny does not fancy European football next season.