Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

So if according to Seydoux, our second offer was a "drastic undervaluation", can the people who keep saying that all we need to do is throw in another million or two just shut up, unless you think 1-2 million is the difference between an offer being accepted and one being drastically undervalued in which case, you're just dumb

Depends if you're willing to believe every word their chairman says.

Good point, but when people say just throw in another 1-2 million and we'll get him, what are they basing this on aside from the what their Chairman says. If its just a guess based on the assumption that they will meet us somewhere in the middle, then that's all it is, a guess and should not be drummed on as if it's a certainty.

Well that's true as well yeah, you're not going to make me admit that the conversation surrounding this transfer has not made me contemplate mass genocide because it has.  People have been speculating and talking shit and making assumptions and talking about various crazy scenarios for months now regarding Debuchy and it's enough to make you lose your faith in humanity itself, never mind question why so many morons sign up for N-O and insist on posting constantly.

That said, another £1.5m should do it imo, fingers crossed we bite the bullet and give them the cash.

Just seen the collapse now. Sigh, it felt as if we missed an open goal at first glance but really, 6m for an international fullback coming from the back of a good major tournament leads to an inevitable conclusion, given the club president he works with. Disappointing, but we can live without a new RB, as we've got perch, Simpson, raylor and santon who could play there. Let's move on now, focus on getting a forward and CB, and I think it's still a good window.

On a side note, we really should drop the Carroll bid and use the money to get a striker and maybe improve this debuchy bid. Gonna be hard now with that statement from Lille though.

if a player is proven and can improve our team from day one it is ok to pay full price.

im sure lille will stand firm on their asking price. we got cabaye cheap, they probably wont let debuchy go cheap as well....wrong signals!

pay up Mike and give them that little more they are asking as compensation for the brilliant cabaye buy, then they are more willing to do business with us in the future.....seems like a good place to look for players. 2-3 mill for simpson and the deal doesn´t seem that bad, mike.

Whichever way you look at it and no doubt there are a lot of details we are not aware of , this is very embarrassing from a club point of view and may well hinder future transfer dealings with other clubs . Why can't we just keep these things under the radar and get the deals done. My feeling is that we have been puffing our chest out too much regarding this particular transfer -well Pardew inparticular and it seems to have backfired.

None of us know the facts, or what the actually valuation is. However, speculation and media reports only imply a couple of million as the difference.

Given our squad is exactly the same size as last season still with less experienced players we really need to get 2-3 more in. We cannot rely on potential alone.

With the extra income and TV money due, you would think we would have been a little keener to get deals over the line as quickly as possible.

I understand the need for sell on value but surely in situations like this where a player will obviously bring so much to the team in terms of quality means that we'd surely get back in monetary value in progressing in cup comps (including Europe) and finishing high up the league.

But as someone says we don't know all the facts. It does seem strange given that he was such a key target mentioned on interviews with Pardew months ago that we would miss out by such a small monetary amount. I suppose things could change again but it is disappointing, can't get away from that.

I understand the need for sell on value but surely in situations like this where a player will obviously bring so much to the team in terms of quality means that we'd surely get back in monetary value in progressing in cup comps (including Europe) and finishing high up the league.

But as someone says we don't know all the facts. It does seem strange given that he was such a key target mentioned on interviews with Pardew months ago that we would miss out by such a small monetary amount. I suppose things could change again but it is disappointing, can't get away from that.

And if this doesn't happen you can bet Cabaye will be disappointed !!

Ofcourse he will but I wouldn't read too much in that, it's not like he'll suddenly decide not to play well, lol We don't know the full facts of this latest transfer diatribe but transfers have nothing to do with other players when all is said and done. He's a professional and paid to do a job at the end of the day.

Debuchy even if it is unlikely may still end up at St James

This isn't over I'd imagine:

Crappy Google Translation Alert:

"I decided that Mathieu Debuchy remain LOSC. The offer from Newcastle is definitely not at the value of the player. As we have significant challenges in August (including the dam of the Champions League), stop procrastinating. " Yesterday, Michel Seydoux ended discussions with Newcastle regarding the transfer of Mathieu Debuchy. President Lille finally closed the door to a departure from his right side, he had previously ajar.

Obviously, this decision does not like the first question, which has never hidden his desire elsewhere. Asked by The Team, Debuchy excludes turnaround. "In fact, the coach (Rudi Garcia) that I announced yesterday afternoon. I saw him in his office and he told me that the president was quitting the talks, he did not want me to leave. I called the president and I left her a message. I expect it reminds me to clarify the situation. Because I do not understand. Especially as the coach himself told me yesterday that he would not block me, he saw my desire to discover something else. Besides, I asked him how he would react if it was he who was approached by a club that he wanted and he said he understood and he would probably envy, like me, to respond favorably, "he told the French 27 years.

What bothers Debuchy is the inconsistency of the Chairman under the management of the file. And he has not denied that out. "One day they told me they did not let me go because the club did not find my successor, another is because the Newcastle offer is inadequate. One day, the coach who blocked me, another is the President. I feel that everyone does not have the same speech. Me, I just want things to be clear and it is done properly. It's been twenty years since I'm in Lille, a club I love, for which I have always given everything. I never made ​​any noise and I did not want to do now, "he said, adding that he had never dried training during the recovery this summer.

For the player, Newcastle win is always the preferred option despite recent statements by its President, even though it will not clash. "Today I am still determined to find something else, another experience, and I would like to speak with the president to make it clear between us. You know, once I asked to leave, I really want that it's going well, "he slid.

A standoff led with a certain elegance in short.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/losc-debuchy-affiche-son-incomprehension-et-espere-toujours-partir_89457

Guest firetotheworks

How does a transfer request change things when everyone already knows he wants to leave? I don't get it.

How does a transfer request change things when everyone already knows he wants to leave? I don't get it.

I'm sure if he hands a transfer request in he doesn't get any loyalty bonus from the selling club whereas if not he gets some sort of payment from Lille. Think Joey Barton to us.