Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

i'd like that option on either flank, overlapping FB's getting to the byline to whip crosses in for Cisse...it'd be a goldmine

doesn't have to be our only option

A million times this, the much maligned 4-4-2 would look a lot better if we had the ability to mix it up by getting to the byline and putting a cross in, not to mention the obvious benefits of natural sided full backs in a 4-3-3. We need balance.

better balanced with decent players than choosing because of what foot someone kicks with.

what the fuck man, you just being argumentative?

flip it then, let's sign a left footed right back - what does that give us seeing as we play a left footer at RW and a right footer at LW :lol:

aye, lets not consider a massively important aspect of tactics and ways to play

Still not sure if i'm really fussed about this guy. Would prefer a left-back. :undecided:

There is no better left-backs for us out there. Both Cissikho and Pieters seems like shit and has done for a long time.

Still not sure if i'm really fussed about this guy. Would prefer a left-back. :undecided:

There is no better left-backs for us out there. Both Cissikho and Pieters seems like s*** and has done for a long time.

you sure they are the only available left backs ?

There is no better left-backs for us out there. Both Cissikho and Pieters seems like s*** and has done for a long time.

Nope but in out priceclass I cant see better backs then Debuchy and Santon.

i'd like that option on either flank, overlapping FB's getting to the byline to whip crosses in for Cisse...it'd be a goldmine

A million times this, the much maligned 4-4-2 would look a lot better if we had the ability to mix it up by getting to the byline and putting a cross in, not to mention the obvious benefits of natural sided full backs in a 4-3-3. We need balance.

better balanced with decent players than choosing because of what foot someone kicks with.

what the f*** man, you just being argumentative?

flip it then, let's sign a left footed right back - what does that give us seeing as we play a left footer at RW and a right footer at LW :lol:

aye, lets not consider a massively important aspect of tactics and ways to play

if that player is better than the alternatives then i'll go with it.

fwiw santon has overlapped a fair bit but not to the bye-line, most full backs don't these days regardless of what foot they kick with, can't really remember enrique doing it much, can you ?

fwiw santon has overlapped a fair bit but not to the bye-line, most full backs don't these days regardless of what foot they kick with, can't really remember enrique doing it much, can you ?

ah so you've taken it to the nth degree then - i wasn't suggesting we sign an inferior player just because of the foot he kicked with, simply that having the option to cross on the FB's natural foot would be an asset

plenty of FB's overlap and get to the byline imo, but yes enrique wasn't prolific at it...don't see that that's relevant though

There's a lot more quality RB's around than there are LB's that is probably why we are pursuing RB's instead and leaving Santon at LB.

Said before seeing as Santon is quality on both sides i think we should just try and get the best fullback possible irrelevant of what side he plays and it seems like theres higher quality RB's available than LB's.....

That doesn't just go just for us but the world, there seems to be more RB's being produced than LB's.

ah so you've taken it to the nth degree then - i wasn't suggesting we sign an inferior player just because of the foot he kicked with, simply that having the option to cross on the FB's natural foot would be an asset

plenty of FB's overlap and get to the byline imo, but yes enrique wasn't prolific at it...don't see that that's relevant though

it's not going to the nth degree, some seem to be prioritising what foot he kicks with as a major thing, for me it comes behind a load of other things almost to the point of insignificance.

There's a lot more quality RB's around than there are LB's that is probably why we are pursuing RB's instead and leaving Santon at LB.

Said before seeing as Santon is quality on both sides i think we should just try and get the best fullback possible irrelevant of what side he plays and it seems like theres higher quality RB's available than LB's.....

That doesn't just go just for us but the world, there seems to be more RB's being produced than LB's.

that makes more sense.

You don't say no thanks if you've a chance to sign a French international full back for £6 mill. According to some rapports Deubuchy is just as good as Sagna, and we would have taken him in a heartbeat woudn't we?  With Deubuchy we'll get two great flanks that mix up well: On the left we have Santon who cuts inside and Mav who whips crossers into the box. On the right Deubuchy will cross (I read that he got a great right foot) and HBA who's capable of anything. It's fucking dynamite!!

Don't want Pieters. He's too slow. We need fullbacks with speed.

why isn't it major?  tactically we're limiting ourselves as the opposition should know that showing the FB outside isn't as dangerous as letting him cut in

giving yourself more options to hurt the other team should certainly be considered a major thing imo

also i didn't see anyone inplying it should trump quality

Exactly!

:gp:

I don't disagree with you, we should be looking at bringing in the best possible full back whether it's a LB or RB and where Santon ends up playing is a consequence of which one we go for. I would say though that if there's two full backs of similar ability I'd choose a LB over a RB so we can have the option of balancing our play more.

You don't say no thanks if you've a chance to sign a French international full back for £6 mill. According to some rapports Deubuchy is just as good as Sagna, and we would have taken him in a heartbeat woudn't we?  With Deubuchy we'll get two great flanks that mix up well: On the left we have Santon who cuts inside and Mav who whips crossers into the box. On the right Deubuchy will cross (I read that he got a great right foot) and HBA who's capable of anything. It's f***ing dynamite!!

Don't want Pieters. He's too slow. We need fullbacks with speed.

Dont make me jizz to early in the morning!

why isn't it major?  tactically we're limiting ourselves as the opposition should know that showing the FB outside isn't as dangerous as letting him cut in

giving yourself more options to hurt the other team should certainly be considered a major thing imo

also i didn't see anyone inplying it should trump quality

because you can have a player who can do that with his "wrong" foot and having a player cut in can be very, if not more dangerous (santon has found himself in great shooting positions this season and with greater confidence should've shot). i'd much rather have a left footed right back if he's the best we can have there. we have players playing wide on both flanks on their supposed wrong sides who can go inside and out, santon as we've already said gets as far up the line as enrique did (with possibly more end result). it's not a major thing if the player can play that position well.

I don't disagree with you, we should be looking at bringing in the best possible full back whether it's a LB or RB and where Santon ends up playing is a consequence of which one we go for. I would say though that if there's two full backs of similar ability I'd choose a LB over a RB so we can have the option of balancing our play more.

which is quite probably what will happen.

As for the Sagna comparison they are different players..... I'd argue Debuchy is more complete than Sagna and what i mean by that is i think he's better going forward and better in possession and also good in defence....

He's not as good as Sagna in defence but that's Sagna's speciality and quite frankly defensively theres not many fullbacks in world football that are better than Sagna.... doesnt mean Debuchy is defensively poor though he's great in all areas thats why i said he's complete.... it's just Sagna happens to be better than him in this one area.

But seeing as i prefer my fullbacks to be able to provide an attacking outlet and be comfortable in possession while remaining solid defensively i prefer Debuchy.

As for the Sagna comparison they are different players..... I'd argue Debuchy is more complete than Sagna and what i mean by that is i think he's better going forward and better in possession and also good in defence....

He's not as good as Sagna in defence but that's Sagna's speciality and quite frankly defensively theres not many fullbacks in world football that are better than Sagna.... doesnt mean Debuchy is defensively poor though he's great in all areas thats why i said he's complete.... it's just Sagna happens to be better than him in this one area.

But seeing as i prefer my fullbacks to be able to provide an attacking outlet and be comfortable in possession while remaining solid defensively i prefer Debuchy.

If we pull this deal off it before the Euro it will be a major coup by the club.  Has to be signed before the Euro though. He'll be out of our price range afterwards. Deubuchy will improve our right side massively. His brown eye probably got more vision for a pass  than Simpson.