Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

i honestly think ive checked news now and here everyday since the euros finished in the hope of seeing a debuchy in newcastle or debuchy has medical story, My life is worringly sad :(

Just once a day - a dream

i honestly think ive checked news now and here everyday since the euros finished in the hope of seeing a debuchy in newcastle or debuchy has medical story, My life is worringly sad :(

Just once a day - a dream

Tbh its been more of a nightmare, a recurring one at that ha

You'd think this was the first time this has ever happened the way some people are going on. :lol:

I think some have convinced themselves that EVERY transfer we complete these days comes 'out of the blue' when in reality that's only happened a few times. Therefore this kind of protracted affair seems bad, even though it's pretty normal for any transfer of a first teamer from a club that doesn't need to sell.

What are people's order of priorities if this one falls through then?  Although Simpson's the weakest link in the first 11 I think I'd value more depth through the middle of the park than having right back as top priority.  Would be a bit disappointing to not strengthen at right back but we have Simpson/Perch/the Taylors/Santon/Jonas who can play there if required.  More concerned about lack of first team depth at centre half, up front and central midfield if I'm honest.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lille chairman says it needs to take into account Mathieus feelings due to the service he has given and then shits all over him

Debuchy exclusive in Lequipe tomorrow

I hope he's kicking off big time

Lille chairman says it needs to take into account Mathieus feelings due to the service he has given and then shits all over him

Would you be saying similar if Cabaye decided he was homesick and French clubs were trying to get him for what we paid Lille / a little bit more?

Any aggro towards the selling club is severely misplaced imo, frustrating as it is.

You'd think this was the first time this has ever happened the way some people are going on. :lol:

I think some have convinced themselves that EVERY transfer we complete these days comes 'out of the blue' when in reality that's only happened a few times. Therefore this kind of protracted affair seems bad, even though it's pretty normal for any transfer of a first teamer from a club that doesn't need to sell.

Aye exactly. For every out of the blue transfer like Cabaye & Cisse, there's a Ben Arfa & Debuchy. When a club doesn't need or want to sell it's harder. I think we'd be pretty pissed off if some club bid £15m for Cabaye and we just went, "oh, go on then".

Aye exactly. For every out of the blue transfer like Cabaye & Cisse, there's a Ben Arfa & Debuchy. When a club doesn't need or want to sell it's harder. I think we'd be pretty p*ssed off if some club bid £15m for Cabaye and we just went, "oh, go on then".

Cabaye wasn't out of the blue.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would you be saying similar if Cabaye decided he was homesick and French clubs were trying to get him for what we paid Lille / a little bit more?

Any aggro towards the selling club is severely misplaced imo, frustrating as it is.

Only care about NUFC so yeah I'd probably be pissed.

They have every right to ask for whatever price they see fit, but I don't see MA going higher for a 27 yo using our policy, therefore stopping Mathieu fulfilling his dream

Aye exactly. For every out of the blue transfer like Cabaye & Cisse, there's a Ben Arfa & Debuchy. When a club doesn't need or want to sell it's harder. I think we'd be pretty p*ssed off if some club bid £15m for Cabaye and we just went, "oh, go on then".

There was nothing, then all of a sudden the local Lille press were saying Newcastle had met the release clause and was to sign after the few France friendlies they had.

Only care about NUFC so yeah I'd probably be p*ssed.

They have every right to ask for whatever price they see fit, but I don't see MA going higher for a 27 yo using our policy, therefore stopping Mathieu fulfilling his dream

So if Barca want Cisse but only want to pay £8m for him you think we should sell because it's Cisse's dream to play for Barca?

Such is life -  these deals happen to you and then don't happen to you and you may or may not get on the rewarding end of it. Of course we'd be p*ssed off, but if a player wants to go and and has no desire to play for us anymore then I'd rather we get rid asap and move on.

Guest sicko2ndbest

So if Barca want Cisse but only want to pay £8m for him you think we should sell because it's Cisse's dream to play for Barca?

That's a bit extreme tbh.we are only about 1-1.5 m off valuation. 8mill for Cisse is about 20mil off valuation.

That's a bit extreme tbh.we are only about 1-1.5 m off valuation. 8mill for Cisse is about 20mil off valuation.

My point still stands.

:lol: No, he'll slag Cisse and Barcelona off because he only cares about NUFC.

We all love NUFC mate, doesn't mean we've all got our heads up our arses.

So why the commotion? We've made a bid including a clause probably to try and meet half-way, I'd be surprised if we don't make an improved bid.